Pacifica: the reformed alliance?

Francesca

I had hopes for Cortath too, hopefully he can come here and clarify in some way to make that seem not so ego-ish.

I think there's something there about her private channel #franwub and him having to have access to it.

Not sure if she released that part.

Also, we need to hear from Baldr as he also got the same ultimatum that Francesca got.

I did get it too, but my reasons were fairly obvious.

Edited by Ursarkar E Creed

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

:ph34r:

You were admitted because we give people chances. When you were admitted you were told by your friends as well as myself to keep your head down and do what you were told. You could not do that; you had to argue about everything. I have no intention of listing the litany of your offenses; you would simply argue about them. It became clear that you have to do everything your way and you could not accept anything else. Whether you are an attention or a drama whore I will leave to others to decide, but it was clear that you had to be the center of attention. You were given several opportunities, more than most I might add; in the end, you were not a good fit for Pacifica and you were given the opportunity to go your own way with no hard feelings. Too bad you didn't do that.

This is pretty routine for NPO. You chronically misbehave, you get talked to and asked to shape up. Where's the news here?

I'd hardly say she "chronically misbehaved" I wouldn't kick someone out of my alliance for the things she did alone. If I had reason to believe she did other things, I wouldn't beat around the bush either and say that's why I'm punishing/inflicting harsher rules upon the person. However, even then I doubt I'd do that until I had reasonable evidence to prove that something was going on other than the misdemeanor acts that were demonstrated here in these logs.

I think there's something there about her private channel #franwub and him having to have access to it.

Not sure if she released that part.

I believe that part is in there somewhere, just doesn't specifically name the channel. Just says private channels and that Cortath must be able to be inside them.

I looked through the logs a couple times and have yet to find anything wrong with what Pacifica did. It is their right to remove problematic members, and I have removed members before with less reasons given. They do not really need to give reaosn at all, like it or not.

I also don't see any problem with how Cortath approached the situation. The Emperor of one of the biggest alliances on Bob, has to command authority, whether any one else likes it or not. Too often leaders are wishy washy in their ways and personally, it is nice to see one that takes charge whether people agree with the style or not.

These logs were hilarious the first time I read them. Frankly I'm surprised NPO even admitted you in the first place.

OOC: The whole DDOS part is really just sad Francesca.

The Second Chance Brigade made sure she was. Lots of buttkissing and bootlicking got her in. Lots of stupidity and such got her out.

I looked through the logs a couple times and have yet to find anything wrong with what Pacifica did. It is their right to remove problematic members, and I have removed members before with less reasons given. They do not really need to give reaosn at all, like it or not.

I also don't see any problem with how Cortath approached the situation. The Emperor of one of the biggest alliances on Bob, has to command authority, whether any one else likes it or not. Too often leaders are wishy washy in their ways and personally, it is nice to see one that takes charge whether people agree with the style or not.

You agree with limiting her access to private social channels to hang out with friends without someone watching over her back?

(you guys have me arguing for fran I hate you all, you too fran)

I have a real hard time caring about this thread one way or another, but:

IRC is all IC. Very rarely can people separate it from OOC.

I disagree with this completely. I consider IRC completely OOC, unless specifically stated otherwise.

You agree with limiting her access to private social channels to hang out with friends without someone watching over her back?

I'm on the same side as WC? Oh jeez.

You're right, limiting that sucked, my apologies. If she was planning to reroll into Pacifica, there were many other avenues she could have used to discuss her plans with other than her private channel, so I would consider that to be a bit overkill.

Thank you for pointing that out WarriorConcept, +1 for you.

I'd hardly say she "chronically misbehaved" I wouldn't kick someone out of my alliance for the things she did alone. If I had reason to believe she did other things, I wouldn't beat around the bush either and say that's why I'm punishing/inflicting harsher rules upon the person. However, even then I doubt I'd do that until I had reasonable evidence to prove that something was going on other than the misdemeanor acts that were demonstrated here in these logs.

The stuff she's actually admitted to doing in these logs alone is hardly the behaviour of an upstanding alliance member. If you'd do something different, good for you, but you're also not running the New Pacific Order.

The stuff she's actually admitted to doing in these logs alone is hardly the behaviour of an upstanding alliance member. If you'd do something different, good for you, but you're also not running the New Pacific Order.

Be fair here, I never said "Upstanding alliance member" I simply said I wouldn't kick them out or force them to resign. Going to private channels? Spamming it up with a few friends? Having a few jokes about a few things? Harmless. I've seen far worse.