War referees?

kitex

I just like to bring up that, from what I've heard, a lot of wars sometimes go into OOC banter with people being accused of god-modding and the like (eg Dranagg's invasion of the Netherlands) and I'd just like to know who, if any would support the following rule:

Before a war gets fully underway, the participating nations should find an active member of CNRP that both parties agree on (the ref is 100% unbiased) and then the war can get underway. The ref will monitor the war (possibly via tracking the thread) and if any arguing begins, they shall then fully review the situation and then intervene. If both parties still do not agree on the ruling of the referee, then an RP Mod shall be bought in to say the final word on the argument.

If any of you want to provide constructive sugguestions to make this rule better, I am 100% open to it.

I just like to bring up that, from what I've heard, a lot of wars sometimes go into OOC banter with people being accused of god-modding and the like (eg Dranagg's invasion of the Netherlands) and I'd just like to know who, if any would support the following rule:

Before a war gets fully underway, the participating nations should find an active member of CNRP that both parties agree on (the ref is 100% unbiased) and then the war can get underway. The ref will monitor the war (possibly via tracking the thread) and if any arguing begins, they shall then fully review the situation and then intervene. If both parties still do not agree on the ruling of the referee, then an RP Mod shall be bought in to say the final word on the argument.

If any of you want to provide constructive sugguestions to make this rule better, I am 100% open to it.

I think this is one of the reasons for GMs.

I've seen the use of these "Fight Referees " before. It works out to even more complaints, accusations of bias, and more trouble than they solve. Basically imagine all the problems people have with GMs, but then multiply it by a thousand.

Yes, but if the people agree on a neutral referee, then they have no one to complain to but themselves, actually.

Care to elaborate? I'm not quite sure I follow your logic. negotiations can take place via irc or PM's, you know, not necessarily in the thread.

I mean their whining will ruin the thread.

Example.

OOC: You can't do that!
OOC: Yes I can.
OOC: I'll get a war ref on it.
OOC: He can do that.
OOC: OMFG! BIAS!
Insert 6 pages of whining.

They pay GMs enough let them have some work too :P

Wait, they pay GM's now? I never saw a single cent...I need a new lawyer.

No one is going to use that logic when they're going into an OOC fight.

That's what mods are for, to tell them to take it to this forum... :D

No, I'm assuming there will be enough who have the sense to alert a mod to an out of control argument.

The idea you're suggesting, has been the death stroke of every RP community I have ever been a part of. The RP did not improve, OOC grudges got deeper and wider, and the rest of the people got sick of the constant complaints.

In short, its only good on paper. Never for actual use.

It is a shame that people can't put OOC aside, isn't it?

Until we are replaced with paid professional roleplayers (I'm worried that they might actually exist...) ooc will always be a part of RP. Its a community of people, people don't all get along with each other.

But the Admin loves us because we don't demand any pay, right?

Wrong...he uses us as guinea pigs for his own evil experiments... :ph34r:

Anyway, I think this thread has run its course. I'm not the OP, but I can suggest that this thread be closed by one of admin's minions (AKA the Mods :P).

Wrong...he uses us as guinea pigs for his own evil experiments... :ph34r:

Anyway, I think this thread has run its course. I'm not the OP, but I can suggest that this thread be closed by one of admin's minions (AKA the Mods :P).

I don't think the great gods like the name minions.