The Mozambique Confederacy

thenb

zambia-flag.gif

The Mozambique Confederacy

Please note: This follows the time line found here

Also, see our News Thread

Not everyone was happy with this new government. A forgotten but very powerful warlord named Lashir Rakshana did not have the influence he desired in this new government. He joined forces with others unhappy about being left out, or mad about the annexation of Swaziland. So they decided to take action. The man with no hope was sent to cause a distraction, while Jakkar Ramanishad searched through the presidents office. He made a startling discovery, and immediately ran to his superiors with a large file in his hand. When Lashir Rakshana read the file, he was astonished. There were pictures of his supporters being tortured in secret government facilities, and most troubling, plans to have him assassinated. Everyone knew from the look on his face what was coming. This was WAR. He assembled his troops and made suprise raids on the army and air bases in the north, as well as the factories. At 12:01, they declare themselves The Mozambique Confederacy and prepares for war.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mozambique Confederacy begins carrying out air strikes with their MIG-21's all along the border with The Republic of Mozambique, followed by an invasion of 50,000 troops and 700 tanks, along with 50,000 more troops to arrive soon from The Empire of Greece. Massive destruction follows as they advance further and further to their new capital.

** Private to The Republic of Mozambique **

We are willing to stop the bloodshed, if you join us.

** Private to The Empire of Greece **

We thank you for supporting us in our time of need. Rest assured, we will crush these scum.

OOC: awaiting casualty reports

Edited by thenb

OOC: I was not aware of this topic until I nearly finished my post. Therefore, my topic currently contradicts this. Try not to role-play too much until we can get this worked out. XD

The Mozambique-Greek Accords

The Parties to this Treaty reaffirm their faith in the purposes and principles of Earth Roleplay and their desire to live in peace with all peoples and all governments.

They are determined to safeguard the freedom, common heritage and civilisation of their peoples, founded on the principles of democracy, individual liberty and the rule of law. They seek to promote stability and well-being in the Mozambican and Greek parts of the world.

They are resolved to unite their efforts for collective defence and for the preservation of peace and security. They therefore agree to this treaty:

Article I-Niceties-

Both nations agree to be respectful to one another in public and private and resolve any disputes through proper diplomatic channels.

Article II-Defence-

Neither nation shall take military action or engage in espionage against the other; similarly, no financial or military aid may be rendered by either nation to any party committing hostile action against the other. Both signatories shall pay 150% reparation if an accident occurs. In the circumstance of an attack upon either signatory the contracting parties agree to defend one another and act as one military cohesive unit when the government of the other signatory decides it is ready to go to war.

Article III-Intelligence-

Any information gathered by one of the signatories with any potential impact on the security of the other shall be promptly and privately forwarded to them. The member nations are strongly encouraged to provide assistance, based upon need and the best potential for development, to each other. The governments of the signatory nations are expected to promote this kind of cooperation and encourage their member nations to be involved in it.

Article IV- Cancellation-

If the signatories of this treaty decide to cancel this agreement, it must give the other party 72 hours notice prior to the official cancellation, during which all above articles will be upheld.

Signed For the Empire of Greece;

King Alexandros II

The raids, however timed well, were not universally successful. Many of there were, though, and they caused heavy destruction. This was most apparent at the factories, where hundreds of working citizens were either killed or captured by Lashir's army and factories destroyed. A few of the attacks on the army bases were successful as well, and granted the Confederacy access to some of the Republic's slightly more advanced weapons. Most of the raids on the army bases, however, were a draw. The Confederacy, using the element of surprise, were able to inflict heavier casualties upon the Republic's troops than they received and destroy a number of the airplanes located at airbases. Though the Republic army was able to fight off their attackers, protecting valuable military outposts. And at one particular base, the Republic captured a large group of the opposing soldiers.

-------

**Private Message from The Republic of Mozambique to the Mozambique Confederacy**:

We are willing to make an exchange with you. We will return to you the soldiers we captured in return for our citizens. We recognize a state of war with your military; however we wish to keep the innocent citizens out of the conflict.

Regards,

Jobuk Wade

President of the Republic of Mozambique

--------

Meanwhile, a large force of Greek soldiers arrive to the Confederacy's base, unknown to the Republic.

OOC: That is all I can do tonight. Its late and I still have homework. :\

And I'm not doing exact casualties, you can do that if you are interested. Personally, I don't care. XD

Edited by maicke

Following the stalemate of battles, Lashir Rakshana takes a different approach.

** Telegram to greek empire **

take the main airbase outside the capital, Maputo and hold it, we will handle it from there.

"The Greek Forces under Cato march the distance from the Confederate base to the outskirts of the main airbase at Maputo and surround the lightly defended base. Calls are issued by Cato ordering the surrender of the base or else face consequences.

The Greek troops circle closer to the base and effectively cut it off from all aid by cutting all forms of communications wires and power to the airport"

Meanwhile, MIG-21s fly over to look for threats to the Greek troops, and soldiers patrol the area. The base cannot launch aircraft due to the power outage.

One of the planes drops leaflets:

"Surrender now or you shall die"

** Message to The Republic of Mozambique **

We would be open to peace talks. We shall arrange a teleconference for tomorrow at noon.

** Private Discussions with Lashir Rakshana and his General **

General: We have just seized 3 more war factories, they weren't even operational..

Lashir: Such a shame, he could have used those. Fire them up.

General: But sir, werent you going to try to end the civil war?

Lashir: Oh yes, but i have other goals afterwords. Plus we might need them just in case.

General: Very well, we will begin production.

Lashir: And what of that airbase?

General: We are giving them till tomorrow to surrender. If they do not, we will detonate the fuel tanks

Lashir: ooh the fuel tanks, havent thought of that. So even if they do defeat us, we can destroy the base. Now i remember why i hired you. Very well, carry on.

General: Thank you sir. Good night sir.

*Telegram to the Mozambique Confederacy*

We are willing to hold these peace talks, though request them to be held in our capitol building to prevent ambush upon ourselves. We also kindly request that you do not bring an excess amount of defense, a couple of body guards to make yourselves feel comfortable is enough. We will not do any harm to you during your visit, though it is understandable that you may feel unprotected without it. A representative from the Grecian Empire is welcome as well, though we request that he not bring extra security. You understand that we cannot allow you to bring too many troops into our capitol, and we are confident that your security will suffice for these talks.

As a final request, we wish that the talks will be held sometime after 4:30 p.m. (OOC: Time is American Central time, requesting because I don't get home from school until after then)

We hope a peaceful solution can be reached; however we will refuse complete elimination of our nation.

Sincerely,

Jobuk Wade

President of the Republic of Mozambique

-----------

*Private Reports*

Mozambican soldiers and tanks have regrouped after surprise raids, and are now fully prepared for counterstrike if provoked further.

Airbase usage is limited; there are a few bombers left, though many surviving fighters will be used for defense if needed. Airbases are somewhat farther away and may not be able to reach destination immediately.

Edited by maicke

Very well. The Mozambique Confederacy sends Lashir Rakshana to personally join in the talks, along with 10 highly trained mercenaries.

** Private Discussions in the meeting **

Lashir: This war is not benificial for either of us. I propose a compromise that will enormously benefit both nations.

We split the country, you get some of the south, plus swaziland and the south of the surrounding unclaimed area.

I get the north, as well as the north of the surrounding unclaimed area.

The only condition is that we are allies.

30u7e6g.jpg

Edited by thenb

** Private to Greece **

Have them waiting in the wings, but it would be stupid to not accept this proposal. They still believe all of our forces are surrounding the airbase correct? If so, get ready to seize country in one large swoop (if they do not accept of course).

Edited by thenb

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

The Republic of South Africa's border with the warring region is hereby closed. Any attempting to cross the border to or from South Africa will be taken into custody. Any suspicion of hostility will be met with lethal force. The borders are being garrisoned with South African National Defense Force troops, professional soldiers.

** Private to South Africa **

We would like to assure you that we will make an undue effort to make sure that this conflict does not spill into your borders, and as a sign of friendship would like to invite you to a luncheon in Nacala Porto, on the northern coast, to dispel any concerns you might have