On Moralism

Vilien

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's any consolation, I have my fingers crossed for "over-simplifying things". PB has enough stupidity as it is.

Well, you might try actually making an argument. Doing simple stuff like that tends to make you look like less of a jackass.

No, the second part is "#386".

@Vilien: He hasn't made any argument worth debating.

Edit: I'll expand anyway, though. He has reduced "morality" to a single factor: loyalty. At this point, he alleges that the NPO is the most moral alliance. This is flawed reasoning for two reasons.

First off, the NPO have proven on several occasion that they are not perfectly loyal. This venue is not a place to debate how loyal the NPO is, so I'll leave off saying that the number of people in the Cyberverse that would refer to the NPO as being the most loyal in the game are few and far between. The amount of people that would refer to them as "the most moral" would be even rarer.

Secondly, reducing a broad term such as morality to a barely related concept such as loyalty is just silly. I really hope that it was a joke and that I don't have a sense of humour, though.

Edited by Style #386

Then "Lack of" must be your last. I'm going to leave now because I don't want to be warned and DoWed on by Vilien. :awesome:

The Moralist Front: Repressing free discourse since 2009.

No, the second part is "#386".

@Vilien: He hasn't made any argument worth debating.

Wait a minute here, are you referring to the OP or some other person entirely?

I think it's pretty clear he's referring to the post immediately above his ... and he's right, morality is a lot more than loyalty. In fact one of the complaints about the 'immoral Hegemony' was that the alliance within it backed each other up when they should have told them not to go ahead with an idea.

I think some people through history would take issue with NPO being the most loyal ally, too.

The Moralist Front: Repressing free discourse since 2009.

Wait a minute here, are you referring to the OP or some other person entirely?

I was referring to the post directly above mine. My apologies; I should have quoted it.

First off, the NPO have proven on several occasion that they are not perfectly loyal. This venue is not a place to debate how loyal the NPO is, so I'll leave off saying that the number of people in the Cyberverse that would refer to the NPO as being the most loyal in the game are few and far between. The amount of people that would refer to them as "the most moral" would be even rarer.

They are very loyal to their own interests. That is why they have been so successful. :awesome:

They are very loyal to their own interests. That is why they have been so successful. :awesome:

I have come to the conclusion that you are completely incapable of thinking above the level of reminding yourself to breathe in and out.

There is morality in CN, one just has to define what they believe to be morality. In my opinion, morality is on an individual and alliance wide scale. First on an individual scale.

Morality of an individual includes being respectful to all people, not blackmailing people, playing the game in a manner that won't drive anyone else out of the game, not threatening anyone for ones personal gain, and being loyal to the people you sign up with but this does not limit your freedom of voice.

On an alliance wide scale we have similar and more morals.

Giving other alliances an opportunity to exist, treating each other with respect despite the circumstances. There is nothing i hate more than two alliance at each others throats, cursing, sending angry messages and the like towards one another. Letting each alliance run itself in a manner they see fit. (ie no forced protectorates, viceroys etc.) Not blackmailing or spying upon other alliances, nor strong arming another alliance just because you are bigger or have more allies. Supporting just causes, and realizing that even your allies can be idiots sometimes, and that if they are an idiot, you are not obligated to support their idiotic behavior, though you should always honor your treaties as well, thus the cancellation periods in the treaties. You may openly disagree with what they did, but because you signed a contract with them, you are ALWAYS obligated to uphold the contract.

There are instances where one alliance is clearly in the wrong, and in these circumstances, they should be reprimanded. Not necessarily war, but with a private or public calling out, and showing them their faults.

But the MOST important moral in CN for individuals and alliances is respect for one another even in wartime.

ah, no - i said OP is only saying the nihilistic christian western morals, which man has accomodate to his hypocrisy, as oppose to herr netzche... who i am friend of

the author need to read senore maccaroni 'the prince' and 'genealogy of morals' by herr netzsche, need to read up big good...

okayplus: OP cannot prove the axiological statement so the OP is a rhetor asking us to be leashed to his demagogic self-interests... i find OP immoral to me

i say more true in 3 lines than the op says in 5 pages of lies

Edited by polisofboy

ah, no - i said OP is only saying the nihilistic christian western morals, which man has accomodate to his hypocrisy, as oppose to herr netzche... who i am friend of

the author need to read senore maccaroni 'the prince' and 'genealogy of morals' by herr netzsche, need to read up big good...

okayplus: OP cannot prove the axiological statement so the OP is a rhetor asking us to be leashed to his demagogic self-interests... i find OP immoral to me

no grease

entirely completely spoken good sir friend

argue the morals inherent be as oppose certain western, of course the problem that not nihilistic

author had read illustrious titles in past of composing essay

argument inherent to composition against self-interest, leashing only to common good and conscience

nonetheless op not nearly five pages boy is required to be reading big careful

yea, argue and not prove.

1 need metaphysical twaddle to argue that morality is inherent, 1 need christian metaphysicals of spinoza/kant/plato. (latin, baroque german, attic dialect of ancient greeces..) 1 work sadly for the christian metaphysical vanity speculum.

empiricism & rationalism united to ate the metaphysical quadrupe 2 centuries prior to this morning. ethics w/o or with metaphysical stilts be illogical and unproveable nonsense to my brothers. the only ethical premise in a physical world be hobe/darwin and netzsche who say 'fill ur own cup' and besteal my brothers.

Edited by polisofboy

I like how you think we're loyal, and I agree, but... I don't think I want to be supported by you?

Honestly, were not in any position to be picky.

I'd like to say thanks to those that see us as having been loyal, even to a fault at times. Though I'm not sure I attribute this directly to morality, that would depend on how morality is being defined. I personally think we are very moral, others simply may not concur with the morality we posses. So perhaps I'd go with steadfast and adherent over moral? I'm not sure the semantics are worth it though.