Return of the Reich

Otto Verteidiger

Response:

Our troops are now on the border of the Confederacy and Texas. 50,000 troops and 225 tanks. When something happens, we'll most likely both find out before one or the other can inform the other party.

Classified:

150,000 thousand men and 1025 armored vehicles now sit on the Texas/Reich border. They are mostly dug in or doing so, they sit ready to either defend the Fatherland or to conquer for it. The 35 squadron of fighters are now rotating patrols in the air and the bombers are still at a moment's order from takeoff.

OOC: Remember gotta play to your stats. Your IG nation has no satellites.

OOC: Actually he does, I'm rerouting the data I collect.

Edit:

IC: With permission by the Reich granted 50,000 Soldiers from the Imperial Army were prepared for transport and would be delivered to the current territory to reinforce the defenses and join the assault once complete. This would take a few days to weeks though.

Edited by Centurius

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Just a note, we haven't declared war yet. I'm getting there, I'm getting there... And we already left San Antonio. >.> "Moving to the left flank", we've already left San Antonio proper. Unless you mean the ad-hoc medical evac helicopters lol

IC:

CLASSIFIED TO TEXAS

Concentrating on the weaker opponent could be good, 
but allowing the Reich to get any foothold in Texas could be detrimental.

We're for both courses of action-- holding the Mexicans in place
 and then over-running them or holding the Reich & the Mexicans in place. 
If we draw the Reich in across the Rio, we could attempt to trap their Schwerpunkt 
with counter-attacks on the flanks.

But if we eliminate the Mexicans, we open up a front on the Reich from 
the South, and also eliminate one army.
 We'd have to deal with Franc-tireurs though.

CLASSIFIED TO THE FRA

So it comes to the question on whether or not we want to fight an offensive or defensive war, huh?
We have at least 224.620 soldiers and 2,640 armored soldiers for offense.  Not sure if or when DE will give troops.
Viniland can supply defense.  Also Taeunas is sending us tanks.
What do you recommend?  We should also contact New England about this.

"Lies! We would like to ask the Government of Caucasia to reprimand this so-called news channel."

"Sorry, free speech. You must've done something to annoy them, and really the only way to make them stop is to give them what they ask for."

-HRH King James I

News Channel 8 at Night

"...and the Disparu head of state today admitted to worshiping the devil after proclaiming 'HAIL SATAN!' and attempting to call upon the Devil to smite the lemur population of Disparu, because, yes, somehow, they got lemurs in Canada."

"Sorry, free speech. You must've done something to annoy them, and really the only way to make them stop is to give them what they ask for."

-HRH King James I

News Channel 8 at Night

"...and the Disparu head of state today admitted to worshiping the devil after proclaiming 'HAIL SATAN!' and attempting to call upon the Devil to smite the lemur population of Disparu, because, yes, somehow, they got lemurs in Canada."

We were under the impression that freedom of speech diod not include slander.

CLASSIFIED TO TEXAS

If Viniland can supply defense against the opposition,
 we should simply invade Mexico, while keeping a large 
amount of forces in reserve. New England's done enough 
for us, but you're welcome to ask them."

OOC: I'm feeling like !@#$ today. I'm sorry if I'm not exactly on-par right now.

"What do you want me to do, declare a police state and start monitoring the press? Free speech is free, even if it offends someone."

-HRH King James I

**Private to Disparu**

"Sooo, want to start talkin numbers again?"

-Alexandr Christian

"What do you want me to do, declare a police state and start monitoring the press? Free speech is free, even if it offends someone."

-HRH King James I

**Private to Disparu**

"Sooo, want to start talkin numbers again?"

-Alexandr Christian

We echo Promised Land's statement.

Sure, why not?

***PRIVATE: TO Mr. Christian***

"Uh...sure?"

Edited by Pikachurin

We echo Promised Land's statement.

Sure, why not?

***PRIVATE: TO Mr. Christian***

"Uh...sure?"

"Because I'm not a cynical, power hungry dickhead that can't take people having their own thoughts?"

-HRH King James I

**Private**

"Alrighty, my starting number is still one billion dollars. Feel free to haggle though."

-Alexandr Christian

"Because I'm not a cynical, power hungry dickhead that can't take people having their own thoughts?"

-HRH King James I

**Private**

"Alrighty, my starting number is still one billion dollars. Feel free to haggle though."

-Alexandr Christian

***PRIVATE***

The following message, written on cardboard, was sent to Mr. Christian. There was no sender address.

lol wut? :awesome:

-HRH King James I

"No, but we were under the impression that the press is supposed to be unbiased in their reporting, only presenting facts. Unless this particular channel wishes to be labeled as a tabloid."

***PRIVATE***

The following message, written on cardboard, was sent to Mr. Christian. There was no sender address.

**Private**

"Well, if that's how you like to play..."

**News Channel 8**

"Reports from Disparu now say that the head of state has no governmental experience, and was actually a prostitute from age 18 to 24. Here, I have one of her former clients."

"She gave me gonorrhea!"

"Thank you, Mr. Nelson. On the rest of the world stage, Disparu and Promised Land are currently demanding that the King begin to censor television, claiming that free speech is bad if it offends someone. King James gave a no, as the Caucasian constitution prevents government interference with what is aired on television, unless lives are at stake."

--------------------------------

"No, but we were under the impression that the press is supposed to be unbiased in their reporting, only presenting facts. Unless this particular channel wishes to be labeled as a tabloid."

"News Channel 8 is unbiased in about 98% of matters. The rest tends to be instinctive, or the reporter."

-HRH King James I

"Chill out."

-Alexandr Christian, shortly before sending a package of marijuana and a pipe to the leader of Promised Land with a note saying the same thing.

**News Channel 8**

"Reports from Disparu now say that the head of state has no governmental experience, and was actually a prostitute from age 18 to 24. Here, I have one of her former clients."

"She gave me gonorrhea!"

"Thank you, Mr. Nelson. On the rest of the world stage, Disparu and Promised Land are currently demanding that the King begin to censor television, claiming that free speech is bad if it offends someone. King James gave a no, as the Caucasian constitution prevents government interference with what is aired on television, unless lives are at stake."

"We believe that you are confusing the head of state with the head of government. More proof that News 8 cannot even get the facts right."

Edited by Pikachurin

President DeSchaine flipped off the news channel he was watching. "Gerry, I tell you. If it were me, I would SERIOUSLY consider violating national soverignty over those news reports. Assassins R Us would be a close second choice...."

The Gulf

After having changed its routing, a large merchant ship cruised the coastline of the HIoM. It would follow the coast north along the Yucatan and sail into anchorage at Houston.

**Private**

"Well, if that's how you like to play..."

**News Channel 8**

"She gave me gonorrhea!"

--------------------------------

"News Channel 8 is unbiased in about 98% of matters. The rest tends to be instinctive, or the reporter."

-HRH King James I

"Chill out."

-Alexandr Christian, shortly before sending a package of marijuana and a pipe to the leader of Promised Land with a note saying the same thing.

"Unbiased, my $@!," replied the head of the DUNES network. "That is pure fabrication. The only thing preventing us from suing this channel for being an embarrassment to the media community is that there is no international law covering these situations."

--------

The pipe and the marijuana was stopped at the border, and returned to the sender without reaching the intended recipient.

"We are sorry, but this drug is illegal in Promised Land."

Attached was a note informing the sender that they were being fined £10,000 for attempting to get an illegal substance through customs.

OOC: Take THAT! :P

Also, thanks for relieving some of the tension in this thread. :lol1:

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

OOC: There is, but it depends on how legislation categorizes it. My guess would be slander though, and -- because it's a news network -- definition 1b of libel ;)

libel

–noun

1. Law.

- a. defamation by written or printed words, pictures, or in any form other than by spoken words or gestures.

- b. the act or crime of publishing it.

- c. a formal written declaration or statement, as one containing the allegations of a plaintiff or the grounds of a charge.

2. anything that is defamatory or that maliciously or damagingly misrepresents

slander

–noun

1. defamation; calumny: rumors full of slander.

2. a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report: a slander against his good name.

3. Law. defamation by oral utterance rather than by writing, pictures, etc.

Edited by Amyante

OOC: Possibly, but the basics of Cold War-era RL should be present on Planet Bob as well, as a basis to build a nation on. And among those would be commonly accepted laws as well... If Drakoria has a law against it they're 'sueable' for it

OOC: Possibly, but the basics of Cold War-era RL should be present on Planet Bob as well, as a basis to build a nation on. And among those would be commonly accepted laws as well... If Drakoria has a law against it they're 'sueable' for it

OOC: Hmm...good point (though it's Caucasia now, not Drakoria ;)). I'll wait for Drake to log back on and tell us if he has such a law.

No more OOC from me in this thread, or at least I'll try to make this the last one.

OOC: Ah i see, didn't know he changed his nation name. Though it'd explain the Caucasian comment, i thought you were talking about actual caucasians (as in skin tone) rather than Drake's population :lol:

Last OOC from me also btw.

CLASSIFIED TO TEXAS

If Viniland can supply defense against the opposition,
 we should simply invade Mexico, while keeping a large 
amount of forces in reserve. New England's done enough 
for us, but you're welcome to ask them."

Well, they've united.  SHould we defend or attack, and if attack, where?  We are technically still in a state of war with Mexico.

Well this is awkward. 
We had no intentions of invading
the Reich at all. 
Continue peaceful negotiation.
If they attack, we will support you in 
your defense with our military and air forces.

If it's just the FRA defending Texas, this is not going to end well.

Military Operations

First Division has been called back as a reservist force to support the Texas forces facing Mexico, and Arrow/Blitz Brigades are deployed in West Texas, as a Rapid Response Force.

To the Confederacy:

If you assault or assist in an assault on Texas we will declare a state of war to have been implemented between the Federal Republic of America and the Confederacy. We urge you to drop this, hand over the officers responsible for the horrific crimes against humanity for prosecution, and reach an agreement with Texas, or mediate between the Reich and Texas. This war will take a great toll upon your soldiers and your citizenry, and upon the soldiers and citizenry of Texas should you re-mount attacks.

President Murphy, FRA

Well this is awkward. 
We had no intentions of invading
the Reich at all. 
Continue peaceful negotiation.
If they attack, we will support you in 
your defense with our military and air forces.

If it's just the FRA defending Texas, this is not going to end well.

Military Operations

First Division has been called back as a reservist force to support the Texas forces facing Mexico, and Arrow/Blitz Brigades are deployed in West Texas, as a Rapid Response Force.

To the Confederacy:

If you assault or assist in an assault on Texas we will declare a state of war to have been implemented between the Federal Republic of America and the Confederacy. We urge you to drop this, hand over the officers responsible for the horrific crimes against humanity for prosecution, and reach an agreement with Texas, or mediate between the Reich and Texas. This war will take a great toll upon your soldiers and your citizenry, and upon the soldiers and citizenry of Texas should you re-mount attacks.

President Murphy, FRA

Message to the FRA

Consider our nations in a state of war then.

Public Statement

Mexico has been reunited under our personal union with the Reich, together we will purge the world of this irresponsible government which has invited outside influences into North America. We stand with anyone who stands against the Commonwealth, and let it be known now that if you're not with us you're against us.

Message to the Reich

Positions have been finished and we have a comprehensive defense along our border. When you are ready your troops can move to the border and occupy/supplement these positions with your own Soldiers. We will leave all offensive operations to you and we will handle our own defense.