[Shinhou - Constructing a Monster

Elrich von Richt

A public notice was given to the SST:

Greetings, 

We would like to personally apologize for the mishap that occurred, from the crashed Tupolev Bomber. We were conducting that unit's first Live-Fire Training Exercise, and things went horribly awry. As such, we'd like to request our pilot's body and any documents and such that may have survived the wreckage, so that his family can give him a proper burial. 

In addition to that, with recent knowledge coming to light, we'd like to politely ask, refrain from building this...'super cannon' you have. It is an endangerment not only to Furon's national security, but any potential nations in the surrounding area. In addition to that, what could stop you from threatening a nation who said something 'rude' or 'impolite'? You could use it to force them to submit to your will. 

In the past, SST and Furon haven't had great relations - so once more, we'd like to petition you to disassemble the 'super cannon'.

We thank you for your time,

Furon

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Furonian Officials,

Your pilots body shall be returned, per whatever is left of it, to your nation. However, we view this act as suspicious despite the cirumstances you have given. As such surviving documents shall be investigated, just in case, to make sure the nature of what you prove to say is true. If such is applicable, the documents and wreckage of the plane will be returned to your nation.

While we understand this move by us may seem 'hostile' to you, it is only to affirm our own national security of potential threats, and make sure our nation stays at peace. As of this moment, we are also curious as to how you gained exact knowledge as to the purpose of a giant floating island in the northern Pacific that we've been constructing. Documents of this project are on high-security lockdown and access is restricted to the upper government. As for the island itself, we understand your concern. In order to make sure that this situation dosen't resort to our two nations sending random messages across the sea, we call for a formal diplomatic conference on the matter to be held on neutral soil.

Regards,

SST Government

OOC: It took me a long time to detail that thing in sketchup, like hell we're not finishing it. :P

OOC: We'll see about that! :P

TO: SST GOVT. 
ENCYRPTION: 3{NORMAL}

/start message

We find it hard to not notice a floating weapons platform so near to our nation, when we are conducting aerial training exercises. That being said, we have been given no reason to trust the SST. We ended our relations with SST for a reason, and we've been given no inclination to believe that you've changed since then.

So once more, we'll ask politely.

Please, refrain from building your weapons platform. It is a danger to our national security, and we will reply in kind should you refuse once more.

/end message

OOC: So if you have the right to declare on him for building a gun, does he have the right to declare on you if you build cruise missiles?

It seems a be a silly thing to declare war over.

OOC: Especially since ICly it seems to be his government is a little paranoid over the matter. It's funny since the only cases i planned to use this in was for defensive measures.

IC:

Furion Government,

While we continue to understand your concern, we see your approach as slightly hostile. The reason why such a diplomatic conference was suggested was that, regardless our past relations, hopes of a compromise and possible a slight bettering of our relations could come from such a thing.

We also wish you to not see this last statement as anything against your nation in particular, nor a reason for you to go hostile against us. We believe simply sitting down and talking for once could clear up, resolve, and finalize this problem.

SST Gov't

OOC: So if you have the right to declare on him for building a gun, does he have the right to declare on you if you build cruise missiles?

It seems a be a silly thing to declare war over.

OOC: The difference is that cruise missiles aren't giant floating islands with a 1050mm cannon. Wouldn't you be paranoid if, say, Martens built one of these things off your coast?

OOC: That's a point of view opinion, and it changes with each person.

Martens hasn't given any inclination that he's going to be building a giant cannon though, has he?

OOC: True, but it's a rhetorical situation. I'd dislike it if someone I wasn't allied to, like Slavorussia, built that thing in the Sea of Azov or something.

OOC: Dislike is one part, forcing him to stop is another thing.

EvR has every right to develop the cannon and if Bio does not like it, he can always do an Osirak , while bearing in mind the consequences such an act would elicit.

OOC: The difference is that cruise missiles aren't giant floating islands with a 1050mm cannon. Wouldn't you be paranoid if, say, Martens built one of these things off your coast?

OOC: The difference is that cruise missiles are cheaper, more flexible in their uses, not limited by reload times, and not a huge target.

This thing is a fear weapon and anybody who has their wits about them knows how limited it is.

Also, I don't Recognize Marten's RP, so he could build 50 of these for all I care, though he would have to find someone else's art to use.

Edited by BaronUberstein

OOC: Dislike is one part, forcing him to stop is another thing.

EvR has every right to develop the cannon and if Bio does not like it, he can always do an Osirak , while bearing in mind the consequences such an act would elicit.

OOC: I'm not forcing him. I've been asking him very politely to halt the construction, and it's only in the last and most recent message have I threatened to do something about it should he refuse again.

OOC: The difference is that cruise missiles are cheaper, more flexible in their uses, not limited by reload times, and not a huge target.

This thing is a fear weapon and anybody who has their wits about them knows how limited it is.

Fear weapons are also threatening to a nation that has bad relations with the nation in possession of a fear weapon.

That's begging the question, does my leader have his wits about him? Probably not.

Also, by RP rules, if he wanted to use them against you, and you refused to recognize them, you'd technically lose the war, Ubie. :P

Edited by Biohazard

OOC: I'm not forcing him. I've been asking him very politely to halt the construction, and it's only in the last and most recent message have I threatened to do something about it should he refuse again.

Fear weapons are also threatening to a nation that has bad relations with the nation in possession of a fear weapon.

That's begging the question, does my leader have his wits about him? Probably not.

Also, by RP rules, if he wanted to use them against you, and you refused to recognize them, you'd technically lose the war, Ubie. :P

OOC: I don't recognize that rule in this case becase I don't recognize ANY of his RP. Even if he sneezes, I don't recognize it. He doesn't exist in CNRP as far as I'm concerned.

If I recognized his RP but then didn't recognize a war against me, THEN I would fall under that rule. But that is not the case here. I made it all very clear in a topic awhile ago. I have a whole list of people I don't recognize because I don't trust them OOC and find their OOC personalities to be detrimental to the RP.

-------------

Anyway, instead of arguing about the gun OOC, can we get it to be more IC talking?

Edited by BaronUberstein

OOC: I don't recognize that rule in this case becase I don't recognize ANY of his RP. Even if he sneezes, I don't recognize it. He doesn't exist in CNRP as far as I'm concerned.

If I recognized his RP but then didn't recognize a war against me, THEN I would fall under that rule. But that is not the case here. I made it all very clear in a topic awhile ago. I have a whole list of people I don't recognize because I don't trust them OOC and find their OOC personalities to be detrimental to the RP.

-------------

Anyway, instead of arguing about the gun OOC, can we get it to be more IC talking?

OOC: My thoughts exactly, Baron.

IC:

TO: SST GOVT.
ENCRYPTION: 3{NORMAL}

/start message

Of course we are being hostile. You are constructing a 1050mm cannon near us, and not only that, but it's been shown that the SST wants nothing more than to control the Japanese home islands. We broke off relations with the SST for a reason, and it's showing through now the main reason why we did.

We will only be nice once more, and should you refuse, we will take the matter into our own hands to ensure that this threat to our national security is ended. 

Refrain from building this cannon. This is your last warning before we begin to show you how hostile we are willing to be.

/end message

<\Classified\Military>

"This is HIGHCOM {High Command} (ooc: Think all my Generals, Tacticians, Strategists, within the Tokyo War Bunker). Prepare cruise missiles and two squds of F-1 Shadows, armed with the 5mm ACY-25E LAC and 2 LR-Missiles and 2 500kg munitions. Start picking out targets across SST for the cruise missiles, and get a squad of F1-S' to fly cover for the two bombing the super-cannon," said General Nomura. "Right away, sir," replied one of his junior staff members, relaying the orders.

Relayed To: Furion Government Offices, Tokyo

Relayed From: SST Government Offices, Haruhigrad

Level: URGENT

To the Furion Government,

In light of recent government observances and talks within our capital, we find it neccessary in this situation to stand down in order to protect our own peace and national security. As such, construction of the cannon itself has been halted, and refrained. The ship currently under schedule to be completely scrapped and used for civilian purposes sometime this week. All work in relation to the 'Shinhou' project is thus halted, and the drydocks are hereby returned to civilian state.

Any and all currently equipped guns on the ship have been taken off, and scrapped. Plans toward turning the scrap metal into merchant vessels for the civilian population has been planned.

Signed,

The SST Gov't

***CLASSIFIED***

Military has been put on standby, and raised to alert status. Units are to be prepared to enter defensive status, if command is given.

OOC: I've got no time for this, and really can't afford it right now. On top of that i'd prefer my Empire stayed at peace.

Edited by Elrich von Richt