Two announcements from WOLF

I have two announcements to make today, one happy and the other angry.

Milestones

First of all, I would like to announce that WOLF is officially over 32k NS and 10 members:

milestone.JPG

This is exceptionally better than WOLF mark 1 was, which only had 6 members and 12k total NS. (Which me being half the NS.)

We also have a new government member. I appointed him the other week but was saving it for this announcement: AndrewC202 is now the Head Minister of WOLF.

Current government:

Emperor Stranger, WOLF Emperor

AndrewC202, Head Minister

Gaul92, Minister of Recruitment

Normally, this would be a time for celebration. Unfortunately, my next announcement, which forced me to make this announcement early, puts a damper on this glorious day.

Announcement of Disgust

Commander John recently made a joke announcement which seriously offended me. Just because I am the emperor of an alliance doesn't mean I am a suit. I enjoy spending my time governing my people, but ultimately the time I enjoy most is going out to the Mondex mudding and doing other things some might consider "redneckish".

It is with this that I announce my position on the matter: Joke announcements, especially ones making fun of my heritage and making fun of how I live, disgust me. I hereby request that Commander John, and the rest of Bob, never make an announcement in such a manner again.

Signed,

Emperor Stranger

-Emperor of WOLF

(OOC: In real life, many would consider me a redneck, and even I would consider myself more redneck than anything. This was obviously rather offensive to me to see.)

Edited by Emperor Stranger

Announcement of Disgust

Commander John recently made a joke announcement which seriously offended me. Just because I am the emperor of an alliance doesn't mean I am a suit. I enjoy spending my time governing my people, but ultimately the time I enjoy most is going out to the Mondex mudding and doing other things some might consider "redneckish".

It is with this that I announce my position on the matter: Joke announcements, especially ones making fun of my heritage and making fun of how I live, disgust me. I hereby request that Commander John, and the rest of Bob, never make an announcement in such a manner again.

Signed,

Emperor Stranger

-Emperor of WOLF

(OOC: In real life, many would consider me a redneck, and even I would consider myself more redneck than anything. This was obviously rather offensive to me to see.)

So let me get this straight. Someone made a joke thread about rednecks, one which was rather blatantly playing to the stereotypes of such a particular subset of people, and you got offended by it? And then you make a request for people to never make an announcement of said type again?

:lol1:

Planet Bob is the gift that keeps on giving.

*edited because the lol gif isn't working*

Edited by Mechanus

So let me get this straight. Someone made a joke thread about rednecks, one which was rather blatantly playing to the stereotypes of such a particular subset of people, and you got offended by it? And then you make a request for people to never make an announcement of said type again?

:lol1:

Planet Bob is the gift that keeps on giving.

*edited because the lol gif isn't working*

So a thread playing all the gay or Jewish stereotypes is supposed to be less offensive?

The other thread was not aimed at you in anyway or made to cause offence to rednecks. Most people found it quite funny

As unintentional as it was, it still caused offense. (Seriously, that's like saying blacks shouldn't take offense to black jokes..)

I'm saying take some of these:

10-2688-01c.jpg

and wipe the sand out of your vag. I'm sure you get heartbroken over comedians that poke fun at rednecks as well and send them nasty letters requesting them to stop also. :rolleyes:

Maybe annoying pests like you should think before they open their mouths. You sound like nobody's said something and it didn't have any type of affect on you. <_<

I'm saying take some of these:

10-2688-01c.jpg

and wipe the sand out of your vag. I'm sure you get heartbroken over comedians that poke fun at rednecks as well and send them nasty letters requesting them to stop also. :rolleyes:

Very mature... <_<

Maybe annoying pests like you should think before they open their mouths. You sound like nobody's said something and it didn't have any type of affect on you. <_<

I'm sorry that I don't get upset when I see things that are clearly intended to be facetious and non-malicious. I mean, heaven forbid that we should take the power granted us to ignore the stupidity of others when making remarks we don't agree with.

I'm sorry that I don't get upset when I see things that are clearly intended to be facetious and non-malicious. I mean, heaven forbid that we should take the power granted us to ignore the stupidity of others when making remarks we don't agree with.

I mean, heaven forbid that we show respect as well?

It's a request. In no way am I trying to infringe on other people's freedom of speech. If you don't like my request, simply use the advice that YOU just gave me: Ignore it/me. (Or are you just being ironic and hypocritical?)

I find the second half of this announcement hilariously ironic, considering rednecks are usually on the other side when it comes to people being offended.

So you are saying that we offend people more often than people offend us? :huh:

So a thread playing all the gay or Jewish stereotypes is supposed to be less offensive?

As unintentional as it was, it still caused offense. (Seriously, that's like saying blacks shouldn't take offense to black jokes..)

yes because being a "redneck" is exactly the same as being gay, Jewish, or black.

wait a second... being a redneck is actually impossible. There's no set boundaries to the group. Being gay, Jewish, or black however is possible. These are groups that have set boundaries. I guess I proved myself wrong. oops.

yes because being a "redneck" is exactly the same as being gay, Jewish, or black.

wait a second... being a redneck is actually impossible. There's no set boundaries to the group. Being gay, Jewish, or black however is possible. These are groups that have set boundaries. I guess I proved myself wrong. oops.

Being "redneck" is just like being gay, Jewish or being black. You can change your sexuality, your religion, and, as we saw with Michael Jackson, you can change your race. (And sex even, but let's not go there.)

Besides, it still doesn't make it right to make fun of people. If I went up to you and started making fun of how you dress, eat, talk, etc, would you not be offended?

Being "redneck" is just like being gay, Jewish or being black. You can change your sexuality, your religion, and, as we saw with Michael Jackson, you can change your race. (And sex even, but let's not go there.)

Besides, it still doesn't make it right to make fun of people. If I went up to you and started making fun of how you dress, eat, talk, etc, would you not be offended?

People make fun of the subcultures I reside in as a person all the time. I believe you should lighten up, CJ's joke was good natured, there was nothing malicious about it at all. If you don't have the ability to see humor in yourself when its good natured then your missing a vital part of social interaction.

Announcement of Disgust

Signed,

Emperor Stranger

-Emperor of WOLF

I am so disgusted that you made a joke (which by definition, is not serious) about me so I'm going to do something about it by posturing and request you don't do it again!

Gee, that'll work....

People make fun of the subcultures I reside in as a person all the time. I believe you should lighten up, CJ's joke was good natured, there was nothing malicious about it at all. If you don't have the ability to see humor in yourself when its good natured then your missing a vital part of social interaction.

Politics has no room for jokes such as that.

OOC: We don't see Obama going around making white jokes, do we?

I am so disgusted that you made a joke (which by definition, is not serious) about me so I'm going to do something about it by posturing and request you don't do it again!

Gee, that'll work....

So what should I do? Threaten him with a 30k NS alliance? Gee, that'll work....

I like Commander John. He's a cool redneck and doesn't afraid of anything.

Jesus, get a grip people. This thread is becoming a bughouse. It was a joke thread, as has been stated before. You don't like the joke, send him a private message, but don't make yourself and your alliance look like a bunch of tools by using an announcement thread to try and do some political posturing, especially for no reason.

Commander John got mostly positive comments, and most people enjoyed the joke. The ones who understood, anyway.

So I suggest we all sit back, relax, and crack a few bottles.

There's room enough in the 'verse for comedians and tightwads, so long as you ignore each other.

I like Commander John. He's a cool redneck and doesn't afraid of anything.

Jesus, get a grip people. This thread is becoming a bughouse. It was a joke thread, as has been stated before. You don't like the joke, send him a private message, but don't make yourself and your alliance look like a bunch of tools by using an announcement thread to try and do some political posturing, especially for no reason.

Commander John got mostly positive comments, and most people enjoyed the joke. The ones who understood, anyway.

So I suggest we all sit back, relax, and crack a few bottles.

There's room enough in the 'verse for comedians and tightwads, so long as you ignore each other.

I generally dislike joke threads in the OWF to begin with.