New Changes with tech and battle

hahne59

Changes  

171 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't like the new tech requirements for planes. It is fine to make it harder to max out your air force, but instead of just making everything more expensive I think it should be a bigger jump from one generation planes to the next.

That way every nation would have to work towards getting level 9 planes, but at the same time new nations could get planes quicker. It does not take much of either money, tech or infra to get a plane up in the air, but the performence of the plane would be rather poorly (think red baron type of fighter planes).

I would like to see something like this:

level 1 50 infra and 10 tech fighter strength 0,2

level 2 200 infra and 25 tech fighter strength 0,8

level 3 400 infra and 50 tech fighter strength 2

level 4 600 infra and 200 tech fighter strength 2,5

level 5 800 infra and 400 tech fighter strength 4

level 6 1000 infra and 500 tech fighter strength 6

level 7 1200 infra and 700 tech fighter strength 9

level 8 1500 infra and 900 tech fighter strength 15

level 9 2000 infra and 1400 tech fighter strength 20

or something like it. What I'm thinking is that the high end planes demands a lot of the nation that build them and the tech requierments would mean that they would have more accurate weapons and be safer for the pilot, therfore they have a high strength.

Low end planes have trouble flying thru a storm and are just a simple plane with a gun. They are easy to build but not very effective.

With this set up newer nations would be able to get planes rather quickly and they would have fun doing low level dogfights with other new nations. New nations would learn all aspects of the game early on but their planes would be useless when encountering an enemy with much better planes.

i like this idea a lot. couple this with the suggestion to expand the planes to level 15 and you have a winner.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-----

The problem with both of these suggestions is that they require real coding alterations and not just "quick fix" swaps of a single digit. I've come to the conclusion, unfortunately, that Admin is either too busy, too disinterested, too unimaginative or too reactionary to weigh the consequences of changes before making them; to spend the extra time to do the right calculations and the advanced coding necessary to make quality decisions work properly; and, perhaps, to admit when a change he's made isn't the right one. I hope I'm wrong on all of these thoughts, but this last week has been rather taxing on my confidence in our illustrious CN leadership.

-----

I haven't had time to fully read this thread, though I thought I would add my comments on it.

The changes have been implemented too fast, and without warning to players. I cannot understand why tech influence on strength has been lowered, but also made far more important (since it can be destroyed and the 300 cap removed, and aircraft requirements) at the same time?

I think this has distruped the game balance, I have watched a few wars since these updates and it appears that stronger nations with lots more tech are crushing lower tech nations for no apparant reason, as if this wasn't bad enough before the changes!. Yes, I am not saying cybernations should be peacy, but new/regular players <1500, are not going to be rebuilding if they have been attacked, it takes a few players (who have mediocre trades, and not the best strategy) about 200 days to reach 3,000 infrastucture. This can be reduced to about 1,500 in around 6 days, and it is happening right now. They will have hardly any improvements to speed up recovery, no wonders, and they will certainly not be starting all over again at almost the same rate it took them initially. They will quit the game.

The aircraft limit is good, however I think it has been raised too drastically, and since nobody was pre-warned about this then they will be stuck without good aircraft for a long time, tech is not something you can buy overnight, it will take at least 1.5 months to get 200tech.. The jumps need to be balanced, to stop people with 200tech more than someone else totally destroying him.

I really think something needs to be changed ASAP as players are/will be drived away with these changes, and as mentioned in another thread wars have become even more lopsided with these changes.

Edited by Kingdom of Royalty