New Changes with tech and battle

hahne59

Changes  

171 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

People have been talking about the effect on tech raiding -- that rogues may now start to raid active nations instead of culling tech from the inactive ones.

Has it occured to anyone that might be the point? It sure makes the game more lively....

I like the tech adjustment, even though I can't buy lvl 9 anymore. Oh well...

Edited by Biff Cantrell

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Love the new plane changes, it makes airforces a more precious resource.

When you're in a war... oops you got hit down to 990 tech! You can't re-purchase your lvl 9's because the factories or labs needed were destoyed...

I would take this a step farther and allow air raids to destroy technology.

Technology will no longer be the key point for nation strength, but it will definately be something worth having and worth fighting over in a war.

Edited by Matthew PK

Voted all of them good. Before everyone either had level 9 aircraft or nothing, now each level actually makes a difference. I don't really care about tech raiding as I don't raid and am not unaligned. I've yet to see any attacks with the new battle calculations, but I'd imagine there's a hell of a lot of casualties.

Overall I think these changes give technology its previous value back in a better, more useful way.

None of the changes really affect me... the only one I dont understand is the one about attacking at day or night. Is this meant to help w/ traffic? Not sure what I feel about it.

I'd imagine it's for people who do quad attacks at update, mostly.

People keep calling it "tech raiding".

Tech raiding has become a thing of the past. It is "land raiding" now.

Also it appears that Admin wants "tech raiding" to be "war" rather than just a casual looting of inactive nations.

By making it unprofitable to raid inactive nations, "raiders" will be forced to engage with active nations.

Nice changes Admin.

No tech cap is good.

I don't like the no looting after 13 days inactive. I try to only raid nations that have quit and by getting rid of looting it makes it more likely I'll raid a nation that is still active (although if this happened I would pay for the damage caused).

Don't like the new tech requirements for planes either because i'd just gotten high enough to buy the level 9 planes. I guess it will be a long time before I get any more planes.

I have to say supplies being destroyed instead of raided after 13 days is crap . Tech raiding is a perfectly fine way to grow your nation and now with this the game got less interesting. War is what made cybernations great and now its been nerfed and become in favor of noobs. All the updates were understandable except this one and the time bonus.

Whats next? You cant be declared war on if you have no alliance or your nation is under a month old.

Edited by Rather Dashing

I don't like the time bonus, it seems backwards to me (assisting people who already have an advantage by being on at update). A more balancing change would be to give the defender a bonus in ground attacks in the dark, as it's much easier to ambush an invading force in the dark.

I have to say supplies being destroyed instead of raided after 13 days is crap . Tech raiding is a perfectly fine way to grow your nation and now with this the game got less interesting. War is what made cybernations great and now its been nerfed and become in favor of noobs. All the updates were understandable except this one and the time bonus.

Whats next? You cant be declared war on if you have no alliance or your nation is under a month old.

this just means that you'll actually have someone fighting you back when you raid them. if you thought it was more interesting to attack and steal from a nation that won't fight you back then i pity you. seems more likely that you are afraid that you don't actually know how to wage war against a real opponent.

this just means that you'll actually have someone fighting you back when you raid them. if you thought it was more interesting to attack and steal from a nation that won't fight you back then i pity you. seems more likely that you are afraid that you don't actually know how to wage war against a real opponent.

No that is the people who put "RETAL=ZI" in their DoW <_<

Also I agree with Bob Janova, this is giving a major advantage to those players who can already be on around update, and screwing over the other time zones. CN didn't need more time zone specific stuff. If server load is an issue then just remove the war/update effect, have attacks be measured as 24 hours from the last attack, thus alliances can still coordinate and wave without having to all be on at one arbitrary server time. It is the quad that causes the nightly update server overload, so get rid of it. This other change is as Bob Janova says "backwards".

It seems to me this update just made the game alot harder for noobs, not to mention much less interesting. All the tech changes hurt newer players more, and tech raids are how many people "cut their teeth" on combat and are how many really start to get into the game by reading the forums and seeing the advantage of alliances. Without it, there really isnt much point or excitement for the early player.

The tech change for airplanes hurts my nation, but I see it as a good thing. It does seem like a drastic change all at once, but so be it. /shrug

I have to say supplies being destroyed instead of raided after 13 days is crap . Tech raiding is a perfectly fine way to grow your nation and now with this the game got less interesting.

Are you joking? You're saying that the game is much more interesting when attacking inactive nations who don't fight back? :blink:

Edited by Jebbie

the time update - BAD. Players for whom the update takes place at 22-23 are helped more. Put yourselves in someone else's shoes and wake up at 7AM on Saturday and Sunday to be able to do quad attacks. :angry:

the 13 days one - BAD. No realism. If the nation is inactive, you should be able to loot more, since there is no one to stop you, not less.

the other 2 updates - GREAT.

As other people have said, the resource balance must be set asap. I have wine and spices, so I know how difficult it is to get trade partners. They usually aren't very active, and when one of them gets deleted I have to spam my color sphere to find a decent trade. People with lumber and wheat( just one example) don't even have to search, other people find them and offer them trades. They only have to choose. Not to mention that I simply can't have some trade sets, while someone with lumber can develop any trade set.

there is no need to police tech raids like this. you're only going to make it worse, people will be raiding nations that are active or on vacation rather than actually quitting. let the players decide the politics of the game, do not get involved.

the battle tech cap is a good change. no arguments here.

the plane requirements seem absolutely ridiculous now. 1000 tech for level 9 planes? just how many people actually have 1000 tech? it will take new players months to reach that, and that's if they have a good alliance backing them and they know how to play the game. 10x is silly and overboard. 300 - 500 sounds better.

edit: and for god's sake balance player resources. i don't know why such an integral part of every players nation has taken such a backseat to this game. people quit and reroll nations because of bad resources. fix this.

Yeah. I love raiding quitting nations.

Also where am I supposed to get 500 tech?

That was upset me the most the tech req are stupid now.

Yeah. I love raiding quitting nations.

Also where am I supposed to get 500 tech?

That was upset me the most the tech req are stupid now.

you get 500 tech from the same place you would have gotten the 100 tech required before... from the "buy tech" screen or from tech sellers. the original requirements were a joke. everyone and their mother had lvl9 planes in no time and the other 8 levels of planes were barely used at all. this makes much more sense

No what I mean is the easiest way to grow died. Now tech raiding is more costly. BTW I have ZI'ed 7 nations before and have tech raided over a dozen times inactive and active. I want to be able to choose if I want to fight an inactive nation for easy profit or have an active opponent cuz Im bored.

Edited by Rather Dashing

-----

The inactive nation change most definitely does NOT favor noobs. In fact I see that as being an ill-conceived move that will ultimately discourage new players. It's not a fatal stake to the heart, but it's a near-miss puncture of a lung. New players were already at serious risk of being attacked, active or not. Now they're far more likely to be declared upon simply for their goods. There may have been less excitement in attacking a nation that would not defend, but there was at least some honor in it (a raider of true "inactives" wasn't stealing from anyone so much as liberating assets that would have been lost anyway). This change encourages nations to actively attack newbies; they're sure not going to attack stronger, more experienced players. To a man the defenders of this silly change will say "then the new players should join an Alliance". This makes sense to those of us who have played for awhile and know what an Alliance even is; know what an ATTACK even is; know what tech or a tech raid is; know what the danger is. Have you all forgotten what it was like to be a new nation?

Another point is that these recent changes to technology, as good and necessary as they are, make the need for tech even greater now. This increases the pressure on nations to engage in raiding, so not only are the admins now making the raid a more attractive proposition, they're encouraging the activity be undertaken upon their newer, smaller players! That's poor judgement. But it doesn't stop there. Time bonuses for attacks based on the game clock? This is unrealistic given that in RL a battle would occur on the same battlefield for all combatants (naturally, in the same time zone), but in CN the battle for me may be in the middle of the night while for my attacker it's the middle of the day. That was positively the most poorly thought out alteration of them all. What's worse, it gives the quad-attack advantage to players who already come into the battle with overwhelming advantages to begin with.

Some of these recent changes were necessary. Some were positive. But some are downright silly. This, unfortunately, makes me believe that while the Admin(s) may have the heart in the right place, the head has taken a bit of a leave of absence. These most recent changes were reactionary, not planned. That's a bad way to go about anything. These mistakes are the result of having no concept of the bigger, long-term picture.

In short, it seems to me the goose that lays the golden eggs around here may have just been sized up for the dinner pot. Without new blood, this game withers and dies on the vine. Making alterations that encourage your new players to leave after a few days or weeks--that's the death knell to your product.

-----

I don't like the new tech requirements for planes. It is fine to make it harder to max out your air force, but instead of just making everything more expensive I think it should be a bigger jump from one generation planes to the next.

That way every nation would have to work towards getting level 9 planes, but at the same time new nations could get planes quicker. It does not take much of either money, tech or infra to get a plane up in the air, but the performence of the plane would be rather poorly (think red baron type of fighter planes).

I would like to see something like this:

level 1 50 infra and 10 tech fighter strength 0,2

level 2 200 infra and 25 tech fighter strength 0,8

level 3 400 infra and 50 tech fighter strength 2

level 4 600 infra and 200 tech fighter strength 2,5

level 5 800 infra and 400 tech fighter strength 4

level 6 1000 infra and 500 tech fighter strength 6

level 7 1200 infra and 700 tech fighter strength 9

level 8 1500 infra and 900 tech fighter strength 15

level 9 2000 infra and 1400 tech fighter strength 20

or something like it. What I'm thinking is that the high end planes demands a lot of the nation that build them and the tech requierments would mean that they would have more accurate weapons and be safer for the pilot, therfore they have a high strength.

Low end planes have trouble flying thru a storm and are just a simple plane with a gun. They are easy to build but not very effective.

With this set up newer nations would be able to get planes rather quickly and they would have fun doing low level dogfights with other new nations. New nations would learn all aspects of the game early on but their planes would be useless when encountering an enemy with much better planes.