New Changes with tech and battle

hahne59

Changes  

171 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11-4-2007

- The ground battle calculations have been updated. The technology effect is no longer capped and the impact of technology, infrastructure and land have all changed.

- When performing a ground battle against a nation that has been inactive for 13 days or more technology, land, and money will be destroyed rather than looted. This is to prevent last minute looting via war declarations on nations that are inactive just before they get deleted.

- The technology requirements for aircraft have increased as suggested in this thread.

- Nations involved in ground attacks performed between 6:00 PM and 6:00 AM game time will receive a 5% bonus to their technology bonus for attacking/defending at night. Ground attacks performed between 6:00 AM and 6:00 PM will receive a 1% bonus to their soldier efficiency strength. (Not considering your opponent, if you have less than 1,000 technology it is better to attack during the day otherwise it is better to attack at night.)

- DEFCON now affects attacking and defending aircraft just as it does ground battles. See the DEFCON information index for details on the calculation.

<a href="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=309" target="_blank">http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=309</a>

Discuss

Edit: More Changes

Edited by hahne59

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is no need to police tech raids like this. you're only going to make it worse, people will be raiding nations that are active or on vacation rather than actually quitting. let the players decide the politics of the game, do not get involved.

the battle tech cap is a good change. no arguments here.

the plane requirements seem absolutely ridiculous now. 1000 tech for level 9 planes? just how many people actually have 1000 tech? it will take new players months to reach that, and that's if they have a good alliance backing them and they know how to play the game. 10x is silly and overboard. 300 - 500 sounds better.

edit: and for god's sake balance player resources. i don't know why such an integral part of every players nation has taken such a backseat to this game. people quit and reroll nations because of bad resources. fix this.

Edited by LOLtex

there is no need to police tech raids like this. you're only going to make it worse, people will be raiding nations that are active or on vacation rather than actually quitting.

This. The 15 day thing doesn't make any sense to me. It makes people tech raid nations that haven't quit. What is good about that?

Edited by adolf45

there is no need to police tech raids like this. you're only going to make it worse, people will be raiding nations that are active or on vacation rather than actually quitting. let the players decide the politics of the game, do not get involved.

the plane requirements seem absolutely ridiculous now. 1000 tech for level 9 planes? just how many people actually have 1000 tech? it will take new players months to reach that, and that's if they have a good alliance backing them and they know how to play the game. 10x is silly and overboard. 300 - 500 sounds better.

edit: and for god's sake balance player resources. i don't know why such an integral part of every players nation has taken such a backseat to this game. people quit and reroll nations because of bad resources. fix this.

i live with furs wine. I value additions like this far more than tweaking resources.

Yes, the tech cap was in need of reworking since the last change with tech.

But destroying money and tech after a nation is 15 days inactive is completely ridiculous as is the change in the requirements for aircraft. As I am only nearly 9,000 NS, I am left with 35 aircraft that are well above my means, brilliant for me in the future if wars start but not a great idea I think. On the 15 days inactive thing, the guy two places above me is right, what is the point now of even having nations +15 days inactive anymore? Its going to result in active nations getting wasted because no other target was available while the inactive nations roll on freely into Planet Bob heaven.

they change it to 13 days now. everyone hated the UJP for active tech raid. now admin team hate inactive tech raid? this has to be the worst update ever

resources should be first to be fixed.

Agreed on everything but the tech level for plans. 1000 tech for lvl9 planes is totally awesome and necessary.

Having 9 different plans was completely useless since everybody just had lvl9 planes anyway. Now those different kinds of planes actually make sense.

No cap for tech on battle influence is very good but I'd love to see the new formula. How does the tech influence work exactly?

Changing the tech raid stuff for inactive nations is totally unnecessary. Now people have to raid actives.

And balancing player resources would really very important ;)

The tech for plane thing makes sense. A 10NS country shouldn't be able to be strutting around with the best high tech planes. It's a F-22 Raptor for god's sake. Other than the US and Europe(including Russia) who else can quite develop a plane like that?

China was one generation behind at last count. And a 10K nation is more like Belgium or Argentina. I don't see either lining up to get F-22s or even F-35s.

But could we please add the F-4 Phantom II to the plane line-up? It makes a lot more sense to have that occupy the place where the F-35 is. The F-35 isn't even quite in production yet, and the Phantom was the top of line aircraft for a looooong time.

Phantom Phanatics phorever!

good bad good.

Remove tech cap, increase tech for planes means tech stays relevant, and fits in nicely with the lowering of its NS.

The other one just encourages the raiding of actives.

Have to agree

The Tech Changes make sense and will result in more varied air forces

But the 15 day one takes an element of politics out of the game as the way different alliances deal with there inactives and the raids on same was important

Have to agree

The Tech Changes make sense and will result in more varied air forces

But the 15 day one takes an element of politics out of the game as the way different alliances deal with there inactives and the raids on same was important

it 13 days now. can someone fix it? and admin spell impact wrong.

11-4-2007

- The battle calculations have been updated. The technology effect is no longer capped and the inpact of technology, infrastructure and land have all changed.

- When performing a ground battle against a nation that has been inactive for 13 days or more technology, land, and money will be destroyed rather than looted. This is to prevent last minute looting via war declarations on nations that are inactive just before they get deleted.

- The technology requirements for aircraft have increased according to this thread.

Edited by Carnage

I like the tech changes. It definitely differentiates the airforce for every nation. Thank God that I finished purchasing my Lv. 9 bombers and fighters yesterday. lol. I'm going to have fun getting 700 tech.

The inactivity thing though is ridiculous, and I have no idea where they got the idea from.

Looking at the wiki about battles and saw:

If an attacker is unable to battle a defending nation because the defending soldier numbers are too low the defender will automatically be placed into Anarchy, up to 5 defending spies may be killed, 5% or up to 10 technology levels, 20% or up to 40 infrastructure levels, and 5% or up to $5 million in money may be destroyed (not stolen).

Call me crazy but has that basically doubled since I last checked?

Voted 'Good' on all counts.

The tech cap being removed is my favorite part, I am no longer upset about the tech multiplier change before. Now there's a good reason for having that tech.

The aircraft tech changes are good in my opinion as well. It spreads it out more, before anyone over about 15k strength had lvl 10 planes.

I actually like the activity update, it's more realistic. I mean no country in the real world is going to let you raid it without fighting back at all(even France fought back a bit in WWII), why should we able to do it in CN?

That's basically cheating, as the whole point of this game is building(not stealing) your nation and warring, and you're not doing either when you raid inactives. If you can raid an active nation and steal his money/tech/land and be able to keep it when he/she retaliates then good on you, you deserve it, but if they don't fight back there's no earning it, you're just a cheap tech/land/money thief.

Voted 'Good' on all counts.

The tech cap being removed is my favorite part, I am no longer upset about the tech multiplier change before. Now there's a good reason for having that tech.

The aircraft tech changes are good in my opinion as well. It spreads it out more, before anyone over about 15k strength had lvl 10 planes.

I actually like the activity update, it's more realistic. I mean no country in the real world is going to let you raid it without fighting back at all(even France fought back a bit in WWII), why should we able to do it in CN?

That's basically cheating, as the whole point of this game is building(not stealing) your nation and warring, and you're not doing either when you raid inactives. If you can raid an active nation and steal his money/tech/land and be able to keep it when he/she retaliates then good on you, you deserve it, but if they don't fight back there's no earning it, you're just a cheap tech/land/money thief.

I think that this is going to come to a head reasonably soon

A situation whereby any unaligned nation is open to attack because nations that heavily utilize tech raiding are forced to have obscenely low inactivity limits (I can foresee nations being attack in tech raids as early as 5 days inactive as everyone adjusts to this most recent change) is untenable. There will basically have to be a response, since if people get attacked that freely you're basically not going to allow the community to grow, which is bad for everyone.

My only gripe is with the requirements for planes. It highlights my current problem with tech, its cost. It costs 1000 infra and 500 tech for a level 9 aircraft, (which is insanely more than before, and not even to the same ratio which made sense before) and tech is vastly less valuable than before as well. So...I ask you this, why is tech still the same cost? Is it going to reduced sometime in the future? I think it is rather asinine that if I ever got into a war my 50 aircraft airforce of 9 Bears and 41 Raptors were ever destroyed, I would be stuck going back to friggin B-17's and their fighter equivalent.

i'm seriously going to strangle the next person that says tech is less valuable than before.

the new requirements for planes is one of the reasons tech is now MORE valuable than before. forget it's effect on NS

In terms of the NS value, it is more handy than before but it is "weaker" per se.