Country Name

Louisa

Is it possible to have a "&" (or even a "&" if needed, as long as it shows correctly in the game) in the name of a country? (Or well a Alliance I suppose).

How about the strange letters Åå, Ää, Öö (or the equivalents like Å etc)?

I just feel this could be nice to know in advance when I try to decide what my next country's name should be, so I will not be stuck with some abomination like Åland when I could have had Åland...

(My apologies if your character set does not even let you see my letters.)

Thank-you :)

I would add that other players' character set may not allow them to correctly display your special characters, thus affecting their ability to interact with you in game (retrieving your nation, etc.) - essentially causing trouble.

I would add that other players' character set may not allow them to correctly display your special characters, thus affecting their ability to interact with you in game (retrieving your nation, etc.) - essentially causing trouble.

I would expect that my alternative (Å for Å, Ä for Ä, etc) would fix this because I think those codes will let you see the letters I mean even if your character set does not actually have the Å, Ä etc -- or am I mistaken there? (This of course depends on if the game can handle those html things.) Plus you could always just search for Louisa when you wanted to attack me...

just put in Aaland.

is that not what it's called anyway, without the dot on the a?

Well I suppose so, in Danish at least :P where the Aa would be pronounced "Aw" just like the Å in Swedish; but Aa if used in Swedish would just be "Aah" and so not really suitable. (Besides I would never give Buller the satisfaction of seeing me use Danish! emot-argh.gif )

But I suppose that you are all correct when you so cruelly want to deny me the joy of seeing a few scattered å's and ö's, maybe a handful of &'s as well, so if the mods etc agree with this then I guess this thread can be closed. :(

(PS. I am sorry for gravedigging myself, but I have been away to take advantage of the last summer before adult life calls, so I could not reply sooner. Thank-you and please forgive my smilie overload :) )