5K Infra

steeldor

It depends on your resources. If you want to "eyeball" it, just buy 1 infra to put you over 5000, check the new infra purchase cost per level, multiply it by 225, and you've got a nice estimate for the amount of money needed to make the jump. Don't forget to sell that 1 infra again.

Edited by Viluin

why wouldn't you use a calculator? I don't know which one you're using but it seems silly to not trust them right out of hand.

The MFO calculator says that I need $6,544,087.63 for the 5000 infra jump. Does that sound right to you? :lol1:

I believe that the upkeep jump at 5k is insignificant (the initial cost goes up a lot however).

This. The upkeep goes up only slightly but the purchase price goes up a significant amount. Although, $25-30mil is enough to buy you 200 infra at this level (depending on your resources and whether you have the Interstate).

My records weren't that great at that point, but I know that I purchased 240 infra at the 5k jump and that was more than enough to be profitable. Like everyone else mentioned, the calculators should be accurate...at least at this level. The only time I wouldn't trust them is at the 1k and 2k levels, because it doesn't account for the ability to be new economic improvements. This is a non-issue by 5k though.

You will need a lot of money for this one, it's a bear and one of the worst there is. I recommend having enough money to jump to 5200 at least but the higher the better.

To jump to 5200, it will cost you $53 million or so.

Considering that donations usually run $18 million to $21 million, it's probably cheaper to buy two and jump at the end of the month.

If you bought an IS, which you really should before that jump, it cuts the total cost down to about 49 million.

Edit: these numbers are calculated from your current infra level of 4,633.18.

Edited by Duncan King

You will need a lot of money for this one, it's a bear and one of the worst there is. I recommend having enough money to jump to 5200 at least but the higher the better.

To jump to 5200, it will cost you $53 million or so.

Considering that donations usually run $18 million to $21 million, it's probably cheaper to buy two and jump at the end of the month.

If you bought an IS, which you really should before that jump, it cuts the total cost down to about 49 million.

Edit: these numbers are calculated from your current infra level of 4,633.18.

From 4633.18 it would take about 53M to get to 5200? Can I get more then 1 donation per month, if its from different people?

Edited by steeldor

Well why the $%&@ are you using MFO, everyone knows that one is wrong. CN utilities.

CN Utilities doesn't have an infra jump calculator. (Neither does MFO, the jump calc will give you incorrect values).

Both have accurate infra purchase calculators (the calc you linked on CN Utilities), MFO's is here: http://www.mrfixitonline.com/cyber_nations...acalculator.php

MFO's contains extra information in that you can also calculate infra upkeep. These values are accurate and up to date (I updated this one myself).

CN Utilities doesn't have an infra jump calculator. (Neither does MFO, the jump calc will give you incorrect values).

Both have accurate infra purchase calculators (the calc you linked on CN Utilities), MFO's is here: http://www.mrfixitonline.com/cyber_nations...acalculator.php

MFO's contains extra information in that you can also calculate infra upkeep. These values are accurate and up to date (I updated this one myself).

CN Utilities doesn't have it, but you can easily calculate the cost of going to 200 infra over the jump line in CN utilities, with 200 infra being a demarcation where it's usually safe to sit for a while and avoid losing money.

Yep, of course. I just wanted to point out that it was silly to say MFO's calc didn't work, then point to a calc that has different functionality, when the MFO calc with that same functionality works even better than CN Utilities.