Donations

Why do so many old nations want to buy $20.00 donations. Yeah I know the aid it gives you but young nations want 18 mil with 150 tech. Where is the benefit in that? You only get 400,000, 200 land, 200 infra, and 20 tech. Isn't the goal for old nations to have a lot of tech? So why do they give away 150 tech with the deal? I really am confused! :wacko:

Ok, I'll explain it easily and concisely.

Infra gets more and more expensive (as with land) as you get bigger and bigger. Eventually, the bigger nations end up saving a lot of money just paying the whatever amount (such as 18 million) then buying the infra themselves.

With my nation, 18 million would buy me only about 50 infra. Paying 18mill for 400 infra sounds like a pretty sweet deal now right?

(Thought it does consume a lot of aid slots and valuable tech)

• 2 weeks later...
Wasn't the OP's point that you're wasting your aid slots paying for the donation when you could be using it to buy tech instead?

That's why I don't bother with donations.

^This

I stopped buying donations about 6 months ago b/c the market price had risen to such ridiculous levels. The last I calculated for my nation, $18M (with no tech) is a slightly less profitable deal than using the same slots for tech acquisition. If the donater wanted tech, $6M+100 tech would be slightly profitable (vs. tech deals), and maybe even $9M+100tech. However, at this stage, I don't really even want the 200 infra, so I'd be unwilling to give up any of my tech for a donation now.