Strange IP trouble 3 houses down...

Zeromentor

So my buddy a few houses down from me wanted to try out the game, we got him an account and a nation and everything seemed fine... Until I went to send him some extra cash. The game pretty much toward me his IP was to close to mine and was on the same network (HOW? 3 houses away, different IPs, and 2 different ISPs!)

I mean, the only thing our stuff has in common is we both have Windows Vista. I run off comcast highspeed, him=AOL. He deleted his nation along with a few other things under my very freaked out orders (because the rules of the game have caused me to believe both nations would have been locked and deleted! I don't want that).

Is it that we live too close together? Is it some random warning the game gives everyone? Am I freaking out for nothing? He wants to play, but I don't want to risk breaking some kind of rule or whatever...

Seriously, am I freaking out for nothing? Or are the rules so strict that 2 people on the same street can't play the game?

So my buddy a few houses down from me wanted to try out the game, we got him an account and a nation and everything seemed fine... Until I went to send him some extra cash. The game pretty much toward me his IP was to close to mine and was on the same network (HOW? 3 houses away, different IPs, and 2 different ISPs!)

I mean, the only thing our stuff has in common is we both have Windows Vista. I run off comcast highspeed, him=AOL. He deleted his nation along with a few other things under my very freaked out orders (because the rules of the game have caused me to believe both nations would have been locked and deleted! I don't want that).

Is it that we live too close together? Is it some random warning the game gives everyone? Am I freaking out for nothing? He wants to play, but I don't want to risk breaking some kind of rule or whatever...

Seriously, am I freaking out for nothing? Or are the rules so strict that 2 people on the same street can't play the game?

Dont panick,its just there to stop you aiding your friends :)

Nothing will happen its just that it stops you from working together unfairly.

Dont panick,its just there to stop you aiding your friends :)

Nothing will happen its just that it stops you from working together unfairly.

No, it's there to stop people from aiding their multiple accounts unfairly. It would be pretty stupid if you could only aid enemies and anonymous nations.

Edited by Emperor Stranger

So... He can play without both of our nations being deleted, but we can't send aide and troops?

Does that also mean we can't attack the same enemy, or is that allowed?

And I know that 2 people in the same household can't play this game, but 2 people on the same street? Maybe the rules should be toned down a little if this is the case...

I'm not so sure I understand the rules anymore after this situation... :wacko: Guess he won't be playing.

So... He can play without both of our nations being deleted, but we can't send aide and troops?

And I know that 2 people in the same household can't play this game, but 2 people on the same street? Maybe the rules should be toned down a little if this is the case...

I'm not so sure I understand the rules anymore after this situation... :wacko: Guess he won't be playing.

Yes, he can play if the IPs are truly different. The in game aid blocker feature must see you guys as the same because of wild cards?

No two nations on the same network is the rule, there is no rule against two friends aiding each other. (God forbid if that were the case, I would have a permanent ban by now.) What you could do while you are waiting for a response from the mods is go to http://www.whatismyip.com/ on both your computers and see if for whatever reason they are the same.

My suggestion would be to contact Admin with your respective IP addresses and ISPs. So long as you didn't create your friend's nation at your home and then turn it over to him to continue building up back at his place, there is no reason that the two of you shouldn't be able to trade, aid each other, etc.

Nah, we just gave up on him playing. No point in pushing this further...

In any case, AOL sucks. And he's only using it cause it's free for him (90 day free discs in the mail like everyother week).

How do I delete this thread? Or do Moderators block it?

Nah, we just gave up on him playing. No point in pushing this further...

In any case, AOL sucks. And he's only using it cause it's free for him (90 day free discs in the mail like everyother week).

How do I delete this thread? Or do Moderators block it?

PM a moderator to lock it