Slavorussian Annexes Northern Slavic Empire

With the blessing of Mariehamm, ADI and Proxia, Slavorussian troops gear up to re-occupy east Slavorussia. An airborne division and two tank divisions are flying into major cities and military bases in Vologodskaya, Arkhangelskaya, Sverdlovskaya, Komi Respublika and Permsky kray. Military officials say the troops are meant only for defensive purposes and they don’t expect there to be much fighting or social disorder in the east. Military officials have however planned to deploy an additional 20,000 soldiers to the region in the off chance things do get out of hand.

The Slavorussian government says former Slavic Empire officials and former Slavorussian officials will have equal input in future administration decisions, but all new elections for both municipal and provincial leaders will be held as soon as possible. Former provincial delegates to the Slavorussian Parliament will be fully reinstated, but the Slavic Empire Parliament will hold the status of a semi-autonomous legislature until midterm elections next year.

Premier Medvedev told reporters, “Today is a great day for all Slavorussians, we‘ve worked so hard for a long time to get to where we were, and though we may not be back at our peak in western Russia, I‘m confident that with some hard work and effort we will reach those heights again.”

Premier Medvedev is expecting to meet with regional leaders later on this week.

Reporting for Channel One news, from outside the Kremlin, I’m Edward Nikitin. Back to you Peter.

[cut to news anchor]

Thanks Edward, I’m sure thing will start to return to normal soon. In other news a chimp steals a mans toupee at the Moscow zoo…

We thank everyone for their congratulatory comments and understanding. Slavorussians are one step closer to reuniting our country. We hope that future negotiations with other holders of Slavorussian land will lay the framework for stronger relations between Europe’s great countries and dependencies.

Exerpt from Premier Medvedev’s speech to parliament:

“…Sadly some Slavorussians are still separated by national borders. I have contacted soviet government in Crimeastan about this very sensitive issue. I believe that during my short conversation with a CSSR official I made it very clear that the CSSR has no right and no reason to occupy Slavorussia any longer. I requested that as part of their surrender terms Slavorussians would like to see land returned to them. I made it clear that we could not accept no as an answer, and I’m confident that our neighbors in the CSSR understand our position and will agree to our terms…”

Exerpt from Premier Medvedev’s speech to parliament:

“…Sadly some Slavorussians are still separated by national borders. I have contacted soviet government in Crimeastan about this very sensitive issue. I believe that during my short conversation with a CSSR official I made it very clear that the CSSR has no right and no reason to occupy Slavorussia any longer. I requested that as part of their surrender terms Slavorussians would like to see land returned to them. I made it clear that we could not accept no as an answer, and I’m confident that our neighbors in the CSSR understand our position and will agree to our terms…”

OOC: Can we hear that speech, or is it purely internal?

ooc: I didn’t feel like writing a whole speech just that small part. It’s basically a post-war State of the Union type address.

OOC: well in that case...

IC: How are you so confident that the CSSR will voluntarily return all their land to you? Are you giving them some land of equal value in exchange? Otherwise, this deal seems a tiny bit one-sided.

OOC: well in that case...

IC: How are you so confident that the CSSR will voluntarily return all their land to you? Are you giving them some land of equal value in exchange? Otherwise, this deal seems a tiny bit one-sided.

It’s not really a deal, more like reconciling for past mistakes. We are offering them the chance to make things right. I'm confident in the CSSR's desire to do the right thing.

Edited by Justinian the Mighty