Edict of Stone

iamthey

OOC: Lol spelling fail... its supposed to be edict. Though I guess its an edit of my foreign policy so you could call it edit of stone too...

To the Nations of the World,

The Alliance is writing the following public message to notify you of recent policy developments. We have become sickened by the international affairs practices we have seen on all sides of the most recent European conflicts. It seems as though in the last few days the entire continent of Europe has fallen ill with the sickness of utter madness. Our nation has witnessed… unspeakable and despicable acts, that we never have thought possible in what we thought was the polite arena of politics. We have witness leaders unleash great toxins and devices of destruction upon population centers; seen foreigners of all kind assert themselves in the politics of Europe. These individuals attempting to assert their own will over the entirety of the continent while themselves detesting foreign intervention in their own homelands, and even belonging at times to organizations which oppose foreign intervention. We have seen leaders issue hostage like threats holding the industry and peoples of nations ransom attempting to buy their own freedom. We have seen vindictiveness and unspeakable opportunism with regard to taking advantage of a conflict to further ones own agenda. And yes we have even seen leaders of neutral nations holding neutral peace talks for the good of Europe assassinate the leadership of other nations. Perhaps it was simply not true, but we had always hoped the nations of the world would act with mutual respect to further mutual self interested goals. To this end we had hoped the world could be more like a businesses, but that simply isn’t the case. As such we as the Alliance want no further part of it.

We issue a three pronged policy.

First, the Alliance is henceforth closed to all non alliance citizens/subjects. We will embark on a path of isolation and internal development. As always the Greater Alliance will continue to be off limits to any foreign interaction, however this will be furthered to include all of the alliance. Limited entry points namely SAZ I (Madeira Islands), Mc Donald’s Island, Norfolk, and limited Exception zones in Provinces II, and III will be open to trade, and commerce. Mc Donald’s Island will remain open for Diplomatic Envoys. Other than that all entry into the Alliance shall cease, those here on temporary visa’s shall be ejected to their homelands.

Second, The Alliance is embarking on a policy of Non-Intervention. We have grown sick of the laughable self-righteousness of some who lead moral crusades to retake the earth from injustice. Their true intentions and underlying ambitions do not escape us. We wish to have no part of it nor do we wish to be an instrument of such personal conquests. As such as long as this doctrine continues to exist, we will not intervene in any international matter for any reason. We don’t care what other nations do, we do not wish to know what other nations do, nor do we wish for other nations to do anything. We will only act to defend ourselves if needed.

Third the Alliance is issuing a declaration of neutrality. We will no longer take sides in the conflicts of the world. Nor will we participate in any organization which seeks to promote conflict or which may draw us into conflict as a product of our membership. We will continue to interact on the economic and business levels but on the matter of military affairs and politics we wash our hands of the world.

Henceforth until further notice, the defensive clauses, and aggression clauses in the following treaties are to be considered suspended. These may be-reactivated at a future time.

Alliance & GNR (MDP Bloc)

Alliance & TADP (MDP Bloc)

Alliance & CSSR (Perma MADP)

Alliance & Ardoria (MDoAP)

Thomas Devereaux: devereauxsignature-1.png

General Administrator of the Alliance

For now we must go our own path, we ask that the nations of the world recognize this present state.

OOC: Not going botha, (I don't want to pure IG I forgot about that aspect).

Edited by iamthey

OOC: Have fun, sorry to see you go Botha, you were one of the more levelheaded at the conference.

OOC: Well im not going "botha" after all, I don't want to do pure IG (I edited it) Im just not going to provoke anything I guess.

Also lol spelling fail...

Edited by iamthey

Although we are saddened to see a nation closing itself to beneficial exchanges (ergo, trade), Viniland understands the motivations and will respect the Alliance's current decisions.
Limited entry points namely SAZ I (Madeira Islands), Mc Donald’s Island, Norfolk, and limited Exception zones in Provinces II, and III will be open to trade, and commerce. Mc Donald’s Island will remain open for Diplomatic Envoys. Other than that all entry into the Alliance shall cease, those here on temporary visa’s shall be ejected to their homelands.

We'll still be trading...not doing so would ruin our economy. We just will not be participating in global politics.

OOC: Well neutrality can be fun... unless your not switzerland.

IC: I hope that in the future the Alliance could lighten up a bit, but this current policy is reasonable considering the times.

And to counter what was said earlier, "You will be missed."

Believe me when we say this for those who won't, "You won't be missed."

I wasn't aware official or unofficial communications between our nations had been resumed?