Liga Mundo - Season 6

Botha

Detlef is a good player, seems to be passionate and is exactly 'Bok ball. hard player.

Yeah I reckon he'll end up leading in all Boks team stats catagories by the time he retires. He's only 21 and I can see him overtaking Rieger in production in 2-3 seasons and Brennan in maybe 3-4 seasons if those guys are even still playing by then. I really lucked out on getting him as a prospect.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the topic of future stars... Don Silver. Definately, I'd say he'll probably jump another two bars - I'm really putting a lot of time and energy into him, and for him to jump to be a 20 year old with 9 skill... it'd be epic. Although, I am yet to find the next Dermott Kewell or Malcolm Fitzpatrick/Howey Blanchflower...

On the topic of future stars... Don Silver. Definately, I'd say he'll probably jump another two bars - I'm really putting a lot of time and energy into him, and for him to jump to be a 20 year old with 9 skill... it'd be epic.

My experience with 2-bar jumps are the players are young (20 or under), 2-4 bar players who have had the snot played out of them for almost a full season (i.e. double or triple the experience they'd normally expect) and actually done well in production.

The more bars a player has, then less chance of a double. I'd be really surprised if Silver does go up by two-bars next season, seeing he is pretty talented already. I've never seen a player with more than 4 bars increase by a 2-bar jump. The only way I can see that remotely happening to Silver is if he didn't go up by a bar last season - or you acquired him this season on transfer and he joined your team with very high form. Volnation and PremierApex can probably shed some light on this.

I also think each player has his own unique progress coded in. I have this one midfielder on another team who has been 4-bars for three seasons and I cannot seem to get him to go up any bar increase even though each update it says his skill has increased, he's played most of my matches and is usually pretty high-up in team scoring, etc.

Trying to stay out of Relegation?

Trying to secure your spot in promotion?

Answer: Rodrigo Abreu - ALDM 8 skill bar midfielder!! And at a discount!

Redemptio Reds has placed the initial bid on Abreu at 1.6mil, if you would like the services of Rodrigo Abreu, 8bar midfielder sent me an offer more than 1.6mil.

so if you are a VIP looking to capture one of the top midfielders in the entire league send me an offer more than 1.6mil. He is listed at 1.9mil econ for going price-hes well under!

Move makes sense for me... it upgrades my midfield immediately (as soon as he comes back from suspension, which would be the FC Franzharia game which I wouldn't play him in anyways) and gives me an upgrade in strength as well. It's not too much to spend, in my opinion, for a (hopefully) two year investment that can immediately improve my team and put me into Segunda. It will also take attention off of Brent Hogue (currently doing great) and Irvin Velasquez.

My experience with 2-bar jumps are the players are young (20 or under), 2-4 bar players who have had the snot played out of them for almost a full season (i.e. double or triple the experience they'd normally expect) and actually done well in production.

The more bars a player has, then less chance of a double. I'd be really surprised if Silver does go up by two-bars next season, seeing he is pretty talented already. I've never seen a player with more than 4 bars increase by a 2-bar jump. The only way I can see that remotely happening to Silver is if he didn't go up by a bar last season - or you acquired him this season on transfer and he joined your team with very high form. Volnation and PremierApex can probably shed some light on this.

I also think each player has his own unique progress coded in. I have this one midfielder on another team who has been 4-bars for three seasons and I cannot seem to get him to go up any bar increase even though each update it says his skill has increased, he's played most of my matches and is usually pretty high-up in team scoring, etc.

Don Silver was 5-skill last season, and then he had a double jump to be a 7-skilled 19 year old. I hope he goes up another two, in the six-man midfield, the older guys like Emil and Romeo suffer from low form, so in comes Don who is of lower skill but high form. He's played 10 games out of 13 so far... who knows.

I also think each player has their own unique progress coded in, so some of them may be a late bloomer, or an early boomer, or an early peak, or a late peaker. But for Don, I at least expect a one bar increase.

And if he starts being prolific in Liga with tons of goals/assists, he shall be known as "The Don".

I think I've found a new idea for recruiting people to Liga. Some of us here are in high positions in our alliances, like I believe Cataduanes is an ODN Senator, I'm the Deputy Minister for Internal Affairs in the Legion, V the King is a former? Grand Treasurer in TOP, etc.

How about a tagline: "Liga fans? They're everywhere." or "Even alliance leaders need a sports fix." or something...

That - and several threads in our forums advertising Liga Mundo when it opens up will do well.

He'd keep the 'Boks outta relegation, It might not be that bad of a pickup since Rieger is aging and is injured right now. It would be interesting to see Abreu to line up next to Rieger hah.... I can garuntee you that if you pick him up, you'd stay out of relegation and money extremely well spent.

Edited by PremierApex

He'd keep the 'Boks outta relegation, It might not be that bad of a pickup since Rieger is aging and is injured right now. It would be interesting to see Abreu to line up next to Rieger hah.... I can garuntee you that if you pick him up, you'd stay out of relegation and money extremely well spent.

Or you can check your team because I made the offer you asked for... so we'll see if you keep your promise. :D

It was Limbo'd since an offer was made before the buy-out was presented. BUT!! You do have the option to submit an offer that can be negotiated-if that offer u sent me is the buy-out please send me an in-game xpert PM and we will open discussions.

Limbo Rule:

The team with a player up for transfer can offer the suitor for a buy-out offer that can cease bidding at once. This is only offered for the team that has the initial bid and interest. This clause is for teams who are in dire need of that player and are able to hold an open discussion regarding logistics of the money being passed. The Limbo goes into its second phase if an offer is received for another team and the Limbo'd team has not submitted a buy-out by the time of second offer. But the open-discussion will be present, and not with any other team bidding.

If a buy-out offer is on the table before a second offer for that player, the team selling the player MUST sell that player at that offered buy-out price.

==== ABREU UPDATE ================

Bidding for Rodrigo Abreu is up to 1.7mil econ, if your team would like the services of this 8-bar midfielder please send me an offer.

-Redemptio has been limbo'd for a buy-out offer

Edited by PremierApex

He'd keep the 'Boks outta relegation, It might not be that bad of a pickup since Rieger is aging and is injured right now.

Rieger has more years left on him than Abreu. The hypothecial question would be who would the Boks drop from their midfield?

Don Silver was 5-skill last season, and then he had a double jump to be a 7-skilled 19 year old.

I wouldn't expect a 2-bar jump in two successive seasons. Usually the occur when the player in question went up in skill but not bars.

EDITTED LATER: Also, very nice 5 to 7 bar jump!

Also, speaking of nicknames, I think Detlef should be nicknamed Koppesneller or Headhunter. As an aside, I actually named him after basketball player Detlef Schrempf, one of my favourite players - oddly enough, plays a lot like him too :lol1:

Edited by Botha

’Boks to tank cup draw to Bohs

JOHANNESBURG FREE PRESS SPORTS: The latest rumours coming from the Loftus Versfeld clubhouse is the Springboks plan to tank a cup match for a second season in a row. While Manager Bartnel Botha has not gone on record saying that will be the case, the fact that he has urgent business to attend to between August 19 and August 23 means that the Springboks will be effectively managerless during that time.

While the team would be able to make do on its own for its league matches during that time, that would not be the case should the Springboks compete in the Quarter-Finals. It is rumoured that the Transvaal manager plans to dress his second and third string players against Dun Carrig since the team would be almost guaranteed to be knocked out the next round.

Since Manager Botha lashed out recent at league officials over the state of the schedule with league matches and two cup runs, the Springboks management may be just opting to cut their losses early and thus avoid having to worry about extra form training for what would be meaningless matches resulting in losses.

With names like GB Bathoen, François Théron and Dingiswayo Ngwane listed on Tuesday's starting line-up while Boekweg and Hooiber appear on the sidelines, this reporter is smelling 'tank' in the works.

I can pretty much guarantee ALDM will not win the league title this year after dealing Abreu. But, it was a move that was going to happen either way. He was aging, and his form has been decent as of late but his bill for training was alittle over what i would like to spend.

Now ALDM is alot younger and form training is alot cheaper. Redemptio got a hell of a player and i will be tracking each game he plays in. Abreu is one of the most prolific midfielders to ever suit up for ALDM, being the playmaker the season I won the whole damn thing-its hard to lose a player like that. But on the other side, Tego Vizcaino is one season away from being better than Abreu and to take the reigns of the midfield-and hes only 21.

I do believe the transfer window is the way to go, It has provided me with "investments" that are far from their potentials, but at the same time playing in the line-up. They are very young, and the money doled out to get these players makes up for the skill aspect. Being smart with your money is the hard part.

Its going to be interesting to see Cambiasso in a few season playing in the starting 11 for the 'Vols. I wonder if i will ever feel regret for dealing him out, let alone to a division foe.

Spartak MK. My favorite segunda team. Nothing against any of the other teams, I just have to say that i enjoy how they spend ridiculous amounts of money. Its great. They have spent approx. 40mil econ in the past 6 months. Has anyone reading this thread ever had 40mil econ to blow? maybe half that? Well, I havent. Just if he can pull it together and put his money were his mouth is-literally.

My surprising moment of the day was to really look at the league table and to see the 'boks at the bottom. Seriously? And to only played 1/3 of the big three, Im rooting for you Botha. Im a 'Bok fan, as I support your team via in game, but its gonna be a rough road ahead.

My surprising moment of the day was to really look at the league table and to see the 'boks at the bottom. Seriously? And to only played 1/3 of the big three, Im rooting for you Botha. Im a 'Bok fan, as I support your team via in game, but its gonna be a rough road ahead.

Two things have hurt us this season:

1) Injuries (no pun intended) to our defensive players. Lots of them. Of our 6 fullbacks, 4 have them have missed 3 weeks each due to injuries since the last quarter of last season. Add to that mix Alderton, who was a huge for us last season in net. Only Frognarson and Ngwane have avoided longterm injuries. We haven't had a fully healthy fullback line since the middle of last season.

2) Too many matches and not enough cash for form training. Like last season, I plan on bailing our next cup match. I stand by my decision to bow out of the cup run last season, as it was probably the reason why we were ultimately able to win the league last year. This team relies on high form to win and it simply does not have the cashflow to afford that through the regular season and two cup runs, let alone one cup.

Thankfully, once we get past the Big Three, that'll leave 5 matches again teams we will likley be facing relegation against, so we should be able to dig our way out. If not, then we'll just tear up the Segunda next year which would be a huge boost to our players.

I like the 'Reds, they have a good starting 11, and with some moves to add upon the two 18 year olds in defence, this could be a good team very quickly.

S team is balling with the team he has. Compostela Artois is a good team with a young average age. Dun Carrig Bohs, if they add some talent to even out the level of skill in each portion of the pitch, they are a primera team. Estrellapuerto FC might be shaped up this year, they have a talented team and now they are playing together.