The NPR closes the Bohai Sea Pending Further Developments

comrade nikonov

Due to the increasing risk of war between Yamato and Korea, the Bohai Sea has been closed to all foreign vessels, military and civilian. Any vessel not authorized to enter the Bohai will be detected through the SOSUS system, negatively ID'ed, and targeted. Trawlers from Yantai and Lushun have dragged a 70km carbon fiber wire across the strait, physically sealing it against surface vessels. When the current situation has been resolved the Bohai will be reopened. That is all, and thank you.

"Personally I think you'd both be better off granting each other free transit and free trade.. but who ever listens to my wisdom?"

"Let me make this very clear.. whoever makes the first mistake in this sandbox will be held responsible to the D.E. Member state or not. Play nicely. Since I helped forge the agreements today between your states/nations. I reserve the right to be sole jury/judge/and executioner in such an incident."

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

The strait connecting Yantai and Lushun are completely within our sovereign contiguous waters of 24nautical miles as described in the law of the international waters. Therefore, our closure of the Bohai occurred within sovereign waters and is legal. The PRC is free to do whatever it wants in the Bohai, but it cannot be crossing our waters right now unless direct authorization is given from the NPR.

The prime minister repeats broadcast of his last transmission.

The Koreans and Yamato have agreed to a diplomatic solution to the problem. If they didn't already, they're well on their way; therefore, this precaution is unnecessary.

"Stop saber rattling." was added to the tail-end.

*Private Memo to the Prime Minister of Palintine*

"I think they're too busy screaming at each other like a pair of Dragon Ball Z characters to notice you. Unless your power level is over 9000 they're going just stare and blow."

"Palintine will continue pounding it into their skulls regardless. We'd rather not have a war on our hands over nothing, and if we do we're going to make sure we're not to blame for a failure of communication.

As a new deal has been reached, the PRC no longer has coastline on the Bohai. As a result we expect international reaction to a closing of purely territorial waters to be quiet.

OOC: What size is your personal water?