Self-anarchy game update

Haflinger

Will you be penalized if your nation is already in anarchy? Perhaps from a nuke (when no defeat alert is issued)?

If your military has already been depleted that day then you will not be penalized again.

So could you receive two defeat alerts this way? One for self-anarchy before receiving a defeat alert from your opponents, and then the second when your opponents attack?

I don't understand the logic behind the self-anarchy defeat alert being based on your opponent's technology. I would assume the idea is that citizens start rioting in the streets and it's they that cause all this damage, not enemy soldiers that aren't even around.

That's not what I am asking :s

If it is 12:00:01am gametime, and I am in anarchy as I was nuked the prior day, and max deploy, will this penalty happen?

Read my response to you :s

If your military has already been depleted that day then you will not be penalized again. If it's a new day and your forces haven't been depleted that day then you will be penalized.

So could you receive two defeat alerts this way? One for self-anarchy before receiving a defeat alert from your opponents, and then the second when your opponents attack?

No, you will not receive two defeat alerts. If you self anarchy then you will not receive a defeat alert from an attacker in the same day. Alternatively, if you've already received a defeat alert then you will not be penalized again for over deploying or over selling your military.

I don't understand the logic behind the self-anarchy defeat alert being based on your opponent's technology. I would assume the idea is that citizens start rioting in the streets and it's they that cause all this damage, not enemy soldiers that aren't even around.

The tech modifier is necessary in the self anarchy penalty because in ground attack defeat alerts a tech modifier is used. If there was no tech modifier in the self anarchy penalty then it would always be better to self anarchy yourself while at war rather than letting one of your opponents do it in a defeat alert with their added tech modifier.

Read my response to you :s

If your military has already been depleted that day then you will not be penalized again. If it's a new day and your forces haven't been depleted that day then you will be penalized.

So the answer is yes?

The tech modifier is necessary in the self anarchy penalty because in ground attack defeat alerts a tech modifier is used. If there was no tech modifier in the self anarchy penalty then it would always be better to self anarchy yourself while at war rather than letting one of your opponents do it in a defeat alert with their added tech modifier.

But defeat alerts are very rare in wars unless one side is turtling. Overdeploying is now extremely costly unless you've been nuked that day, because you'll be taking a lot of extra damage.