Seniority?

Brotherington

i think its telling the date when you have changed your AA the last time. All those who have not changed the AA since the feature was implemented have their nation age as AA age.

very handy for large alliances to track ghosts.

Edited by (DAC)Syzygy

If it is how long nations have had their particular AA it is wrong. I know of several NpO nations that only came recently but their seniority is the same as their age.

Seniority has been kept since 9-10-2007 as detailed in the game update log. Everything before 9-10-2007 was givien the nation creation date. The seniorty display on the alliance stat screens was added today.

Sigh, Admin please remove this from the Alliance stat screens, as most of our members we're already using the AA since you made the change, so we've got nations who have been in the alliance only for a couple of months showing 400+ days seniority, and others like me who are one of the oldest members left using the AA, look like a newbie in comparison as our nations aren't as old.

I know this is all caused by AA join date being set by default to your nation creation date unless you changed AA since the date thing was introduced, but i disagree with implementing this "feature" as the way you were forced to introduce it means it is NOT accurate for more than 60% of the players in the game. I would prefer the "feature" removed again as it is not at all accurate for the majority of nations and thus is very misleading data to be showing.

EDIT: If you would give us proper control of the AA in game, such as "invite only", "password protected", etc... options for the AA usage, then we would not need this misleading data of "seniority" to track proper members vs rogues using the AA. I think Seniority should be removed as its a very flawed method of trying to give alliances a better way to track members, just give us proper control over the AA instead please.

Edited by Mordd

I really like this addition. I may seem new in my own alliance but I do not really care.

Nobody should feel worried about seeming newer in the alliance, its not a big deal after a certain point. It really is however helpful for tracking new nations. :D

Seniority has been kept since 9-10-2007

For us non-Americans, that's the 10th of September ;).

It is a good change. The choice of value to use for nations that had been in the alliance when the change was added is difficult, as it can't be right. My choice would have been to set them all to the 10th Sept.

Sigh, Admin please remove this from the Alliance stat screens, as most of our members we're already using the AA since you made the change, so we've got nations who have been in the alliance only for a couple of months showing 400+ days seniority, and others like me who are one of the oldest members left using the AA, look like a newbie in comparison as our nations aren't as old.

I know this is all caused by AA join date being set by default to your nation creation date unless you changed AA since the date thing was introduced, but i disagree with implementing this "feature" as the way you were forced to introduce it means it is NOT accurate for more than 60% of the players in the game. I would prefer the "feature" removed again as it is not at all accurate for the majority of nations and thus is very misleading data to be showing.

EDIT: If you would give us proper control of the AA in game, such as "invite only", "password protected", etc... options for the AA usage, then we would not need this misleading data of "seniority" to track proper members vs rogues using the AA. I think Seniority should be removed as its a very flawed method of trying to give alliances a better way to track members, just give us proper control over the AA instead please.

your just jealous im more senior than you :P

Edited by JayBagz