The Reichsministerium of Astronomy and Space Exploration

Centurius

OOC: Please keep ooc to a limit and if you post ones keep them constructive.

IC:

Announcement from the Reichsministerium of Astronomy and Space Exploration

Following negotiations with the Dragon Bloc the GNR will commence construction of an Artificial Island at 80° 90° in the Indian Ocean close to the equator. This demilitarized base will form the new Headquarters of the Ministerium, however the command structure will remain in Berlin as will the Central Database. To make this effort possible the help of Economy and Weapons, Armaments and Munitions to assist in the construction of said Island for now this will be our only focus after the safe return of the ISS Aurora from the former Phoenicia. As a reward the Dragon Bloc will obtain an Associate status though some departments will remain off limits for people outside of the GNR.

-Jewel Centuria,

Reichsminister of Astronomy and Space Exploration

800pxkixaerialphoto.jpg

A picture showing how the Island will be

**Classified**

At the same time in a secret facility in Berlin research into possible use of Nuclear Systems would commence.

Edited by Centurius

Progress of the Island was steadily made with Supplies being send in around the clock, over 10,000 Nordic workers had arrived in the meanwhile so the base to provide other worlds with the beauties of Nordland would get finished rather fast. However even more were being flown in so construction would progress even faster.

**Classified**

Large supplies of Uranium and Plutoniom normally used to create nuclear Weapons or create Nuclear Power would arrive at the base in Berlin. Almost all Nuclear scientists in the GNR and with that Europe were dedicated to this Research. Having seen Nuclear propulsion on submarines and actively using it for power the basis was there now they just had to find a way to implement it in Space. First of all Granite would be used to keep the radiation in seeing as it could resist very high temperatures, reviewing active designs from Space Agencies of long gone nations basics were being established to allow the successful production of a Nuclear Reactor to be used in space. Fact being the reactor wasn't a real problem however shielding the Crew and Contents on a shuttle would in addition to having thrusters who would be able to maintain the shuttle at such speeds.

Progress of the Island was steadily made with Supplies being send in around the clock, over 10,000 Nordic workers had arrived in the meanwhile so the base to provide other worlds with the beauties of Nordland would get finished rather fast. However even more were being flown in so construction would progress even faster.

**Classified**

Large supplies of Uranium and Plutoniom normally used to create nuclear Weapons or create Nuclear Power would arrive at the base in Berlin. Almost all Nuclear scientists in the GNR and with that Europe were dedicated to this Research. Having seen Nuclear propulsion on submarines and actively using it for power the basis was there now they just had to find a way to implement it in Space. First of all Granite would be used to keep the radiation in seeing as it could resist very high temperatures, reviewing active designs from Space Agencies of long gone nations basics were being established to allow the successful production of a Nuclear Reactor to be used in space. Fact being the reactor wasn't a real problem however shielding the Crew and Contents on a shuttle would in addition to having thrusters who would be able to maintain the shuttle at such speeds.

We wish you luck with these endeavours.

OOC: Note that a fission-driven shuttle is incredibly dangerous, polluting everything in its path with radiation. These things should not be used to get off the planet, but rather in the emptiness of space.

Edited by Lynneth

We wish you luck with these endeavours.

OOC: Note that a fission-driven shuttle is incredibly dangerous, polluting everything in its path with radiation. These things should not be used to get off the planet, but rather in the emptiness of space.

OOC: I know it's just the build-up to the real propulsion, like inventing the wheel before the car :).

IC:

With construction steadily progressing a stable base for the Island has been created and now is being filled by material to keep it stable on the Ocean, this rate it is expected construction of the actual buildings on the Island can start in a few months.

Total Construction: 5%

OOC: How about three months? That's about what it would put it at when you use one month = a year.

He's not saying it's complete, is he? no, not even close. Only about half done.

OOC: It takes 3 months to build a house. There is no way you can build half a space exploration facility in that time. Hell re read it, he is building as island.

OOC: It takes 3 months to build a house. There is no way you can build half a space exploration facility in that time. Hell re read it, he is building as island.

OOC: I'm pretty sure he said the island is already complete. And as for the time...how many workers are usually at work building a house? I'm pretty sure he has more working on it than one would a house... :P

OOC: I'm pretty sure he said the island is already complete. And as for the time...how many workers are usually at work building a house? I'm pretty sure he has more working on it than one would a house... :P

OOC: I'm pretty sure he is making an island >_> Its going to take a long time.

Also, one RL month = one RP year? Far too fast. People have used time scales like that to abuse.

Also, one RL month = one RP year? Far too fast. People have used time scales like that to abuse.

OOC: Changed it to 25% also frankly on this matter I do not care about your opinion there isn't a fixed rule and 1 month=1 year has been widely accepted so have problems with it get the community to approve a fixed rule.

Edited by Centurius

OOC: If you don't like that scale...talk to Sarah Tintagyl. That's the one she uses.