New Pacific Order Reps Race

Scarlet Ellen Red

We're not in this war as a profiteering adventure. :rolleyes: If we were, we would have set high base reps amounts, probably along the lines that you thought of earlier in this topic.

You should have that would have been better than this debacle and even acceptable by my standards as fair. -_-

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We actually had to pay a sum that I can't quite remember (100 million? I think? Can someone with a better memory of the whole incident give me the correct amount?) to the NPO in reparations for helping Chimaera, when he was in GR, rebuild because of a clerical error on their part (i.e. Chim went to them and was told he was on ZI, not perma-ZI, and he had already hit ZI) when we sent him 6 million before he was declared upon again by NPO and Valhalla nations. We also had to send a similar amount to Valhalla, but that's beside the point.

I believe it was about 30m each to both NPO and Valhalla.

The ultimatum by itself is easily manageable. Obviously Karma has been holding out on offering surrender terms as of yet due to not achieving their objectives. We can infer though that none of these are for the disbandment of the New Pacific Order, and that they actually do expect to receive some form of reparations so beating the New Pacific Order to a state where they could not manage those reparations would also not be an option. The fact remains that regardless of whether or not the nations leave peace mode these objectives will be reached. And so for each day the New Pacific Order postpones the inevitable it's making it worse on themselves.

This happens all the time. I'll give you an example from as recent as the NoCB war. In my former alliance the Greenland Republic one of the objectives of the alliances at war with us was for our alliance to drop below 1 million nation strength, or to wait for the second set of wars to expire. Eventually we would drop to about 800k nation strength with very few nations in peace mode. Yet we still managed a speedy recovery and also managed to pay something like 500m in reps and about 5,000 in technology after being severely beaten and alliance with a fifth the number of nations at the time and also no more than 5 nations in peace mode.

Actually, the longer NPO holds out the better. CN won't stay war free for very long now. Even if it takes awhile all they gotta do is sit back and wait for their opportunity. 6 months at the least. Then maybe they won't have to pay anything and while they may not be as big as they could be by then they will be able to possibly claim victory which is all they actually care about if you ask me. It'll be a boring wait and all but they'll do it and you'll look back at this and say damn we shoulda just given them the damn terms.

To force them out of peacemode at best, make it perfectly clear that staying in peacemode would not be to their advantage at the worst.

Staying in peacemode is far to their advantage. You guys really don't see the forest for the trees do you?

To force them out of peacemode at best, make it perfectly clear that staying in peacemode would not be to their advantage at the worst.

So since it didn't force them out of peace mode, what's the purpose of the preterms now?

Actually, the longer NPO holds out the better. CN won't stay war free for very long now. Even if it takes awhile all they gotta do is sit back and wait for their opportunity. 6 months at the least.

Waiting 6 months is an option. After the conclusion of the NoCB war, by the time 6 months had elapsed for the most part the losing alliances were rebuilt in some cases better than before with more Manhattan Projects, SDI's and Infra:Tech ratios than prior to the war. So they could wait 6 months and be at where they are now, save for the defections, destruction, lack of growth and what not. In my opinion it's simply not worth it.

Staying in peacemode is far to their advantage. You guys really don't see the forest for the trees do you?
BAWWW THEY ARENT LETTING US GANGBANG THEM!
So since it didn't force them out of peace mode, what's the purpose of the preterms now?

Not a one of you read my post earlier.

Waiting 6 months is an option. After the conclusion of the NoCB war, by the time 6 months had elapsed for the most part the losing alliances were rebuilt in some cases better than before with more Manhattan Projects, SDI's and Infra:Tech ratios than prior to the war. So they could wait 6 months and be at where they are now, save for the defections, destruction, lack of growth and what not. In my opinion it's simply not worth it.

3 econ wonders remove any peace mode penalty, their upper ranks wont be suffering that badly.

Not a one of you read my post earlier.

You've basically stated you want them to come out of peace mode and take their licks, this is absolutely retarded for them to do, since they saw what they did to FAN, and aren't going to be stupid enough to let themselves get gangbanged down to ZI.

Maybe not in your eyes but we're talking about NPO who is proud of their 99-1 record. They don;t wanna see another loss there. They'll work peace mode as an overall game strategy until they have the opportunity to claim a victory. You know it as well as I do. You also know they won't be talked out of it. I say offer terms and beat them now or try to wait them out and possibly not beat them at all.

Actually, the longer NPO holds out the better. CN won't stay war free for very long now. Even if it takes awhile all they gotta do is sit back and wait for their opportunity. 6 months at the least. Then maybe they won't have to pay anything and while they may not be as big as they could be by then they will be able to possibly claim victory which is all they actually care about if you ask me. It'll be a boring wait and all but they'll do it and you'll look back at this and say damn we shoulda just given them the damn terms.

As others have said, in 6 months they can have finished this war, have reps paid off, and have rebuilt to where they are now.

They probably know that, this is just a bluff.

Continuing to pressure them or to punish them for unnecessarily prolonging the conflict.

Which post? The at best / at worst one?

Before that one...I'm goin to bed and I'm too lazy to go back 3-4 pages, I don't even need to bother responding to Mogar at this point, he's clearly not paying attention and repeating the same inane thing a hundred times.

As others have said, in 6 months they can have finished this war, have reps paid off, and have rebuilt to where they are now.

They probably know that, this is just a bluff.

:lol1:

They are gonna prey on that attitude so bad. Good luck Karma you will eventually need it.

That doesn't answer the question. What was the purpose of the preterms?

My own speculation is this:

To ensure NPO is no longer sanctioned by the time this is said and done. The fact that NPO has the bulk of it's strength hiding away in peace mode delays that objective. These terms might compensate for that ensuring the objectives are all reached. However that's purely speculation.

I personally would like to see NPO fall further before the conclusion of this war.

My own speculation is this:

To ensure NPO is no longer sanctioned by the time this is said and done. The fact that NPO has the bulk of it's strength hiding away in peace mode delays that objective. These terms might compensate for that ensuring the objectives are all reached. However that's purely speculation.

I personally would like to see NPO fall further before the conclusion of this war.

You do realize that Karma went from playing to destroy NPO to playing not to lose right. That is what happened here and I honestly think NPO has a good shot here. There are sooooo many ways to exploit the way Karma has set things up it's almost surprising to see. I thought Karma had some relatively intelligent people at the helm.

You do realize that Karma went from playing to destroy NPO to playing not to lose right. That is what happened here and I honestly think NPO has a good shot here. There are sooooo many ways to exploit the way Karma has set things up it's almost surprising to see. I thought Karma had some relatively intelligent people at the helm.

Excuse me, when did karma say they were playing to destroy NPO?