Nordreich

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the symbol on your flag is a slightly improved swasticka...................

First of all, the word you are looking for is "swastika". I won't go into the history or the etymology, as you can find that out for yourself and it has nothing to do with NoR.

The symbol of our alliance is the Odal Rune (proto-Germanic Ōþalan, Old English Éðel); like all the runes, it had both a phonetic (equivalent to Ω in Greek, in fact I believe the similarity in shape is quite pronounced) as well a symbolic meaning to the ancient Germanic peoples who employed its usage both for magical and mundane purposes. To be specific, its meaning "property, immobile wealth, heritage, homeland". It was chosen because it accurately represents our over all identity as a Germanic/Northern European cultural alliance, in much the same way the harp might represent an Irish cultural alliance.

And if you're referring to our political affiliation, you will be relieved to find we have none. Nordreich welcomes citizens of all backgrounds and political affiliations, so long as they keep those OOC, RL backgrounds and affiliations out of CN. This is a game, and we take the OOC/IC divide very seriously, knowing what difficulties can arise if OOC ideologies are allowed to interfere with IC gameplay. Games like CN are supposed to serve as an escape from the real world and an avenue of relaxation; OOC ideologies serve in general to serve as obstacles to enjoying the escapism of such games.

If you are interested in the history of Nordreich, her iconography, and identity, you can contact me or any of Nordreich's government listed in the OP. We are very open about our identity and our leadership is well versed in the history associated with the Germanic peoples.

[quote name='revolutionary rebel' date='05 February 2010 - 03:13 AM' timestamp='1265357609' post='2161193']
[url="http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2724/4331459505_0dc96364d1_o.png"]HUGS AND KISSES FROM YOUR DEFENDERS ON THE LEFT[/url]
:awesome:
[/quote]

I like to think of our relationship as more friendly than merely utilitarian. :)

• 2 weeks later...

[center][img]http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu140/cn-nordreich/Posters-%20Fundamental/BeDifferent%20Campaign/DifferentHeidegger.jpg[/img]
[b]
We're more than just another alliance.

[i]Join the Nordreich community today![/i]

http://cybernations.nordreich.eu[/b][/center]

Edited by Sigurd Odinnson