Federal Aid Commission update

o ya baby

5-15-2009

- The Federal Aid Commission wonder now allows two nations that have the wonder to participate in secret foreign aid. If both nations have a Federal Aid Commission wonder you may send foreign aid in secret by clicking the secret aid box in the aid offer screen. When you send foreign aid in secret it will cost the senders nation 200% of the items that is sent. The receiving nation will still get the actual amounts of the items that is sent as usual. Secret aid offers hide the receiver's information and aid details with ????? instead of displaying that information to the rest of the world.

What do you think? I personally think it was a waste of secret aid, because no one with a FAC is going to be able to survive off of 3 million aid. Should just be that only one person needs it for you to be able to send the aid, and the ????s shouldn't be there.

The people who need secret aid aren't generally the ones who have FAC's anyway (the Vox Populi/FAN/OcUK types).

Think more of the next generation who might be willing to get FAC, being the cheapest wonder you can get (2.50 Tech trade cycle at 3 mio / 100 tech is enough) . People who for individual reasons support the guys in long term wars would have an in-game means to help without leaving their alliance.

Granted FAC is still limited in use, but any improvement is a good improvement.

Edited by alpreb

Please don't add a spy op to discover who is sending secret aid.

The whole idea of secret aid is to enable you to send aid in situations that would otherwise get you in trouble when sending aid, covertly breaking surrender terms supporting guerilla movements like Vox and similar.

With the risk of discovery nobody will actually use secret aid just like nobody uses the regular spy ops in peacetime.

The whole idea of secret aid is to enable you to send aid in situations that would otherwise get you in trouble when sending aid, covertly breaking surrender terms supporting guerilla movements like Vox and similar.

With the risk of discovery nobody will actually use secret aid just like nobody uses the regular spy ops in peacetime.

Having your own alliance spying on you is pretty low.

This.

If we have to pay a premium to send secret aid, then make it spy-proof.

I could see this being useful.

For example, you have an alliance that has a number of developed nations that find themselves the subject of nuclear attacks. Perhaps your alliance is sympathetic, but can't immediately declare war. You would now have the ability to throw aid at them and keep them in the fight.

Of course there would be a chance of being discovered, but it's a risk/reward issue. Well worth it in certain circumstances.

I applaud Admin for moving this forward.

I could see this being useful.

For example, you have an alliance that has a number of developed nations that find themselves the subject of nuclear attacks. Perhaps your alliance is sympathetic, but can't immediately declare war. You would now have the ability to throw aid at them and keep them in the fight.

Of course there would be a chance of being discovered, but it's a risk/reward issue. Well worth it in certain circumstances.

I applaud Admin for moving this forward.

Except for the fact where you can only send 4.5m per slot. 27 million will not last in a war, and that's the MAX you can send. It's just not effective, not to mention you need a FAC. This could be expanded on so much, but at least this is a start.

Having your own alliance spying on you is pretty low.

My guess is that most alliances will not allow their members to send secret aid without permission. Especially because the sender of that aid can be discovered by spying on the recipient.

My guess is that most alliances will not allow their members to send secret aid without permission. Especially because the sender of that aid can be discovered by spying on the recipient.

Actually you need to spy on the sender, according to Admin

Spying only works by revealing who the sender sent secret aid to. It will not work the other way around. This way you don't have to worry about your secret aid recipient's spy defenses.

So you would have to find who was sending secret aid and then spy on them to confirm who they sent it to. So if I was sending aid to somebody else it would only register as a question mark, in order to find if I was sending it your enemies you would have to spy on me, which of course is an act of war so..... I can see quite a bit of drama coming from this :ph34r:

Edited by Stylesjl

I think this is a good start, and I applaud the attempt to make the FAC useful, but I think it's pretty easy to figure out who sent it, seeing as how you can search for all aid. It sounds like (although not completely clear to me) it would show up for the sending nation's aid transaction as going to ????? and also for the receiving nation's transation as coming from ?????. But the times would match up precisely, so...

^^^^ Yeah... the timestamp thing could be a serious problem. ^^^^

Also, even if that were fixed somehow... it will still be the last wonder I would ever purchase. Give me three more months and I may be thinking about buying because it will be one of two left...