Where are you NPO?

Angrator

You want me to link you to their forums and into a private area? No...no I dont think so.

Lol that wasn't a membership request. You mentioned that some of the NPOers were unhappy with radio silence. I assumed that was part of an older discussion here in the OWF.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol that wasn't a membership request. You mentioned that some of the NPOers were unhappy with radio silence. I assumed that was part of an older discussion here in the OWF.

Nah, just discussions I was privy to while a member. Nothing too groundbreaking or secretive. I am sorry though, you will have to either take my word on that or assume I am lying.

Do they have special powers you're not telling me?

HeinousOne, link?

If by special powers, you mean powers of manipulation, then no, no I'm not...not telling you. It should be quite well-known at this point. Like I said, it may be difficult to grasp, but it is the reality.

One of those discussions was about Radio Silence. While there were certainly plenty who simply did not care there were those who wished to be able to take part when they felt like it.

Which were in the overwhelming minority and were either censored or shouted down.

Its surprising to hear what individuals think when speaking one on one. You really begin to understand how Pacifican culture is pressed upon its members.

It shouldn't be surprising, to be fairly honest.

Don't have to look too far for Pacifican dissidents complaining about the NPO's policies to its larger membership. I mean, damn, Doitzel's one obvious example that comes to mind.

Also, nations are so large now that no amount of aid can help them to rebuild to their previous glory. I could receive 18 mill every ten days for six months and It would only make up for about 20% of the money I've lost through infra removal.

The NPO has 161 nations who have been in the alliance for less than 30 days. A glance through their listings suggests that many of them are very small nations, for whom foreign aid is still very useful.

That's a whole lot of newbies to aid up postwar. I don't actually know what their plans are on this topic, but if I were in the NPO's shoes, I'd be planning an aidfall to them. Combined with the fact that they are very likely going to receive crippling reps - and even if they don't, they need to be ready to have to pay them out - I'd say their need for foreign aid postwar is going to be quite enormous.

NPO Culture is built up so that they exist somewhat seperately from the general CN forums. It's structured to be it's own community, existing and participating in CN is considered largely peripheral to them more or less. CN is just a game, the NPO is an entity which transcends CN.

Therefore, the culture is set up so that even being told to not bother with the CN OWF does not really bother them much at all.

It always bothered me. It bothers me when Polar does it too. I <3 teh dramaz.

The NPO is wise in maintaining radio silence. It is extremely demoralizing to be shouted down by hundreds of people every time you post. If the IRC/forum crowd are contained within their own channels and allowed to vent there, then the problem has been handled.

The problem I see is the NPO has been on and off radio silence throughout the year. That's certainly not been good for their standing in the world.

What little they can do right now is deprive hungry trolls of a chance to make fun of them and I think it is good that they do it.

The NPO is wise in maintaining radio silence. It is extremely demoralizing to be shouted down by hundreds of people every time you post. If the IRC/forum crowd are contained within their own channels and allowed to vent there, then the problem has been handled.

The problem I see is the NPO has been on and off radio silence throughout the year. That's certainly not been good for their standing in the world.

What little they can do right now is deprive hungry trolls of a chance to make fun of them and I think it is good that they do it.

Well Mogar doesn't seem to mind that much.

EDIT: Anyone else notice the number of peace moders stalking this thread? Say something already

Edited by Angrator