Lafayette Escadrille Declaration of Intent

Ammon

After a thorough study of the posters to this board, I have determined that exactly 14 members of the 3,199 nations involved in CyberNations:Tournament Edition actually read the forum. Therefore, there will be no Declarations of War made by Lafayette Escadrille on this board for this round. You will know when it happens individually and collectively to your alliance, prima facie. This is purely in the pursuit of efficiency, and no one should take this as a slight against your person or your alliance.

As one of the 14 who DO use this forum, I can answer your concerns here or via ingame PM. IRC appears to be a normal military type enterprise, i.e. hurry up and wait, and I do not have the time or patience to monitor the various channels at random times during my real life.

This is a War game, we are here to fight and have fun, and the best advice I can provide is to prepare yourself at all times to be blowed up. Good luck to all, and let's keep it brutal but friendly.

Edited by Ammon

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i have to disagree with this...First the fact that several of these fourm post have in up wards of 900 or more views, with the most recent having 300 or 400 views tells you

that there are more than 14 people active on these TE fourms. I know several TPF nations alone that read these daily but do not reply to any, but the ratio of views to replies

gives a clearer picture that at least 50 plus people read these fourms.

Anyway i believe that the DOW is posted for several reasons not just to let the AA attacked know why or what not.

for one, when you post it gives all the AA's notice that you are at war and should be off limits to raiding.

Also it gives you an ideal of how the public views the war.

But more importantly it give us really active fourm members something to talk about :P

BG.

Regarding raiding, We treat all raiders the same as we expect to be treated when we raid, regardless of when it happens.

Regarding forum usage, 14 or 500, it is still not enough to matter in regards to giving "Fair Warning" to an alliance under attack. As a rule, 10 minutes notice ain't gonna help you anyway.

All I hope to achieve with my OP is an understanding that we as an alliance are here to have fun, and this game defines fun by making War. War started by us or war made against us, it is all good fun.

The stated goal of the Lafayette Escadrille is not to Win (as it is defined by CN:TE), but to have a good time via planning, coordination, and well executed tactics. We play to play, as it were, win, lose, or draw.

Since Lafayette Escadrille has new leaders each round, the style of play will vary. Some leaders may enjoy working the back channels and using diplomacy to achieve our goals, and that is a perfectly valid style of play. It is not mine, though. One thing that you can be assured of, no matter who the leader is or what his style of play, is that we play with respect for our opponents and and a guarantee that our word is good.

If it will make you feel better, I will post a Short Declaration of War before the fun begins. How much notice would you like, noting that it is already 9:30 game time?

If it will make you feel better, I will post a Short Declaration of War before the fun begins. How much notice would you like, noting that it is already 9:30 game time?

Five minutes after update oughta do it :P .

you know some people will take this as a DoW and attack your nations and ruin your "plans"

LE has proven itself in combat, and have defeated folks who had superior numbers on them. I don't think that they are overly concerned with being attacked, as their leader has stated that they love to fight :) Although anyone would prefer it to be on their own terms, there are great lessons to be learned from trying to deal with a surprise attack, too...

8 pages of war declarations and I assume there will be a wave of folks who cant be on at update. Very impressive coordination and execution LE.

8 pages of war declarations and I assume there will be a wave of folks who cant be on at update. Very impressive coordination and execution LE.

Thanks. I believe those pages of synchronized DoW messages are why Ammon said it would be pretty obvious when we DoW an AA.

Fish

Gravedig and spam. You sir, are amazing.

Or it could be the mark LE is about to hit someone soon. Thus when it happens, and people whine about the lack of a CB...LE will refer to this topic again.

Or it could be the mark LE is about to hit someone soon. Thus when it happens, and people whine about the lack of a CB...LE will refer to this topic again.

wouldn't that be nice chain warring :D

Tick? I hate them dadblamed little bloodsuckers. Finally picked the last one off me on Tuesday after a weekend in the hinterlands.

Alrighty then, I'm baaaaack! Did I miss anything interestin whilst I wuz gone?

rat...

I suppose We could give a 24 hour notice. Would that suffice? Wait, I have an idea! Maybe we could suggest that since this is a war game, all nations and alliances should be prepared to fight at all times. I know, I know, it is a radical concept, but work with me here.