New CB styled Poll

magicninja

Would you be angry?  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah sometimes the kids do something bad and don't wanna take a grounding so they opt for a beating.

Sad when that happens.

Wow. I like how you (and by extension TPF, and by extension NPO) consider the rest of the Cyberverse as "children."

Hubris is quite ugly.

I would have to or else be made a fool later. Safe>sorry

This is the sort of attitude which leads to these sorts of nights.

You must, of course, realize the fact that there literally was a guy who wanted to feel important, got his hands on some screenshots of really unimportant stuff and decided to give them to leadership who probably just said "um...ok" in response.

I mean, on a personal level, you realize this, and are just toting the party line with this ridiculous show of a thread. Right?

Go Stretch Armstrong go!

Bunch of Spy lovers the lot of you.

I never said that OV was completely innocent in what they did. I didn't say that I like BC or the things that they do. I was merely commenting on the slanted question in the poll. Would I be upset? Certainly. Would I make every effort to find a peaceful solution? You bet I would. Would I keep disciplinary actions appropriate to the type of information being leaked? I like to think so.

Edited by savethecheerleader

This is the sort of attitude which leads to these sorts of nights.

You must, of course, realize the fact that there literally was a guy who wanted to feel important, got his hands on some screenshots of really unimportant stuff and decided to give them to leadership who probably just said "um...ok" in response.

I mean, on a personal level, you realize this, and are just toting the party line with this ridiculous show of a thread. Right?

No actually. I've said if people had evidence against anyone who did it to string them up. My allies, even if it were me. Not that I'd ever do such a thing.

I never said that OV was completely innocent in what they did. I didn't say that I like BC or the things that they do. I was merely commenting on the slanted question in the poll. Would I be upset? Certainly. Would I make every effort to find a peaceful solution? You bet I would. Would I keep disciplinary actions appropriate to the type of information being leaked? I like to think so.

Alliances have been rolled for less. They offered to leave the punishment at the one guy. OV refused.

I've never taken or given info. I've also advocating holding anyone responsible for the act accountable. If you have the nads to have a go anyway. Maybe it's better to cower for years and build up all your rage though.

Well I'm glad you hold Moo and allies accountable then. I guess I'll go vote yes.

Edit: o/ Hypocrisy!

Edited by Bellisus

Alliances have been rolled for less. They offered to leave the punishment at the one guy. OV refused.

If that punishment is limited to a pre-set period of war, or even a one-time trip to ZI, I do have to concede that the punishment is not unfair. I don't know the specifics in this case, though, so I can only comment on the hypothetical posed in the OP. To do this, however, one has to know how it is I came by this information. As has been alleged, it's awfully hypocritical to use information obtained in a way similar to the offenses one is accusing the other party of.

As for alliances being rolled for less... well I think that may be a motivator for many on Karma's side- it seems to be something that many on their side would like to see end.

Edited by savethecheerleader

Well I'm glad you hold Moo and allies accountable then. I guess I'll go vote yes.

Seriously, if you have real proof that Pacifica was spying like OV did take them to the woodshed by all means. Nobody is special in my mind. It seems people "knew" Pacifica was engaging in this king of stuff for years but just let them get away with it. That's not Pacifica's fault if it's true.

Look knowingly taking screenies of anyone's forum is bad. I think everyone can agree on that. So it was the punishment that was issue I suppose.

What is a proper punishment? The guy wasn't just handed the links and was told"Hey look at these!" No he was told what they were before he ever got them. He knew perfectly well what he was getting himself into. He knew there may even be consequences. He just couldn't pay the piper when it came down to it. Why? Why cause a GW when you were clearly in the wrong? Take your licks, pick yourself up and move on.

If that punishment is limited to a pre-set period of war, or even a one-time trip to ZI, I do have to concede that the punishment is not unfair. I don't know the specifics in this case, though, so I can only comment on the hypothetical posed in the OP. To do this, however, one has to know how it is I came by this information. As has been alleged, it's awfully hypocritical to use information obtained in a way similar to the offenses one is accusing the other party of.

The logs show a one time trip to Zi offered. Accepted and then recanted. I hear tell of a story where the sentence was reduced to one round of attacks and was still cast aside.

1. Seth accepted spy info from BC, that's how he knew the NPO warchest requirements.

2. NPO accepted spy info from BC, that's how they knew Seth had seen the screenshot.

The first is a horrible crime but the second is not?

As a very august individual said recently, every alliance accepts info.

I have to say it's amusing as heck to watch people falling all over themselves trying to defend 2 without condoning 1. And watching people who have clearly explained the difference between spying and receiving info in the past suddenly pretending they cant see any difference now is a real hoot too. Whatever. Good luck with that.

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

The logs show a one time trip to Zi offered. Accepted and then recanted. I hear tell of a story where the sentence was reduced to one round of attacks and was still cast aside.

The logs also show Moo admitting using the same spy tactics to obtain the information about spying.

I'm not endorsing OV's actions, but I am not about to go make a biased poll about it, and then think my side is 100% right. Spying, and war, is dirty business. Nobody is innocent. If we have to have a global war over it, so be it.

And let's drop the pretense. NPO was looking for a reason to declare on someone far from the center of the MDP web. Might as well have been Hyperion. Oh wait...

1. Seth accepted spy info from BC, that's how he knew the NPO warchest requirements.

2. NPO accepted spy info from BC, that's how they knew Seth had seen the screenshot.

The first is a horrible crime but the second is not?

As a very august individual said recently, every alliance accepts info.

I have to say it's amusing as heck to watch people falling all over themselves trying to defend 2 without condoning 1. And watching people who have clearly explained the difference between spying and receiving info in the past suddenly pretending they cant see any difference now is a real hoot too. Whatever. Good luck with that.

The only difference I see is one getting info pertaining to the security of their alliance and the other getting info he had no right to in the first place.

The only difference I see is one getting info pertaining to the security of their alliance and the other getting info he had no right to in the first place.

Couldn't OV argue that they were performing an action that was "pertaining to the security of their alliance"? Security is a pretty vague term.