The Grämlins Announcement

I wouldn't say we're a group who have high NS with high activity. For me Grämlins is a close tight-knit community who know each other very well and have fantastic members. A bi-product of having such great members is that they are active and *generally* have large nations because they have a good understanding of the game. We don't look at NS, we look at the person.

So if great people from the Hive apply to Grämlins and get accepted then the chances are they will have smaller nations than our average. But we can quickly fix that ;)

Heya Omas :)

yeah its all good. I just figured that there would be a lot of nations to jump at the opportunity to join Grämlins. Shoot if i didnt create an AA i know i woulda applied to The Hives as soon as i saw the DoE. But all 18k of em and my reroll has kept me from applying to Grämlins. Do you guys have a number on how many nations youd like to see come from Th Hives into Grämlins?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there is a limit on our capacity to build up nations quickly, but no, we don't have a particular target number. More excellent members are always good so it depends on (i) how many people are interested in the programme and (ii) how many of those would make excellent Grämlins.

Well there is a limit on our capacity to build up nations quickly, but no, we don't have a particular target number. More excellent members are always good so it depends on (i) how many people are interested in the programme and (ii) how many of those would make excellent Grämlins.

So are you standards not changing? Or is The Hives more of a tech thing? Or are you looking for more members etc? Could the Grämlins possibly shooting for sanction any time soon>?

Our standards have never been primarily about nation strength, but about the quality of the ruler. We have nation-based restrictions on application because it is a good indicator of the quality of the ruler, and because it would be impossible to filter through all the nations who might wish to join us in a relatively short application period. You have always been able to receive a vouch to bypass the requirements by knowing a current member. The Hive is a way for rulers who do not know a current member to get to know us, and improve their own knowledge of nation building techniques at the same time.

Ooh, Ooh, can I join Bob!

This is a truely awesome program. I was educated in MHA, so I've seen how well their guides and such are put together. An excellent move for any new nation looking to play the game right.

• 3 weeks later...

You now open up a method for any enemy to attack part of the alliance that the majority of you won't be able to directly defend, instead having to rely on Härmlin and nations in MHA in range of The Hive nations. No-one will run a protectorate better than The Grämlins will, of that I have no doubt, but I do predict that time will show this will ultimately be the undoing of the alliance in the end, whether it be from the outside or from the inside.

*grammar fix

Edited by Mordd

The Hive seems to be doing quite well in its few wars at the moment, actually. Small nations can be rebuilt, or aided through a war, instantly, and it is a good experience for new rulers to go through. Real military experience is invaluable and the current Hive membership is getting more of an introduction to the Grämlins than I thought possible when getting the idea off the ground.