New War Idea

Uberstein

*Link omited to prevent breaking advertising rules*

[11:51] Baron_Überstein: it's a war only RP/Strategic game i'm building

[11:51] Baron_Überstein: with a little bit of editing, we could use it for war in CNRP because it seems to be heading for heavy regulation

[11:53] Baron_Überstein: see, it would have grand strategy with fog of war

[11:53] Baron_Überstein: and then battles are RP

[11:53] Baron_Überstein: I can easily design each hexagonlial map to have defences

[11:53] Baron_Überstein: people would send me pretty much their lists of moves and such

[11:54] Baron_Überstein: and I would make a map for each side individualy

[11:54] Baron_Überstein: there would be fog of war

[11:59] Baron_Überstein: also, to prevent my corruption, I would take an oath that if I was to spread classified information without permission my warn would go up

HexMapTemplate.png

The color key for enviroment I still need to make. I can change the size of the map, make it fit real life areas, made up areas, anything that can be represented with simple colors.

Unit allegiance and type are colored "pegs" that I will place on the map with a 3D editor.

What do you all think? Feel free to ask questions, give ideas, or constructive criticism. :P

Edited by BaronUberstein

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst very interesting how will it be able to be used in such a way that players can still write out their roleplays?

Your moving your troops strategically, but each battle is won by RP.

Also, I'm showing this idea because I know that the community isn't going to go back to the old no-regulation system.

Your moving your troops strategically, but each battle is won by RP.

Also, I'm showing this idea because I know that the community isn't going to go back to the old no-regulation system.

Im cool with the idea. So you move your pegs on the board and then when two oppsoing pegs meet you RP the battle?

Hmm. It's actually a good idea, if we can get it to work. Silhouette and I tried something like that once when we did our war games, though it fell apart because the 'GM' we agreed on didn't have enough time to maintain the map.

Because of how I designed it, I have plenty o time to do this map. ;)

Im cool with the idea. So you move your pegs on the board and then when two oppsoing pegs meet you RP the battle?

Yep.

Well technically you tell ME where to move the pegs over PM's. The other side has a 'line of sight" around their troops, they can't see your movements, unless they say, use UAV's or Sat's.

Because Satellites can only watch for a few hours each day IRL because they orbit, It would be maybe, 2 rounds of no fog of war then you need to wait for the sat to come back around the earth.

Although I thinks it's great for what it is, it doesn't solve the problem.

The problem I see is not in the format of the wars, which is what this would change, but in how war participants interact with eachother. This seems to take the format more into a boardgame style. I think I would enjoy wars much better in their current format.

I do think this would help with the problem, but it also changes the format too much.

Although I thinks it's great for what it is, it doesn't solve the problem.

The problem I see is not in the format of the wars, which is what this would change, but in how war participants interact with eachother. This seems to take the format more into a boardgame style. I think I would enjoy wars much better in their current format.

I do think this would help with the problem, but it also changes the format too much.

The current format seems to be "Make a move IC, argue about it for the next 2 pages OOC"

This removes a lot of the OOC bickering.

The current format seems to be "Make a move IC, argue about it for the next 2 pages OOC"

This removes a lot of the OOC bickering.

That's not the format, that's the problem.

I think pre-planning the wars would be a better solution, or at least until I have a better understanding about this. I liked the satellites idea.

How about blue for the defender, green for defender's allies, black for attacker and dark red for attacker's allies?

So:

Blue: Defender (Ex. Slavorussia)
Green: Defender's Allies(Ex. Alvonia)
Black: Attacker (Ex. Greater German Empire)
Dark Red: Attacker's allies (Ex. Malatose)

Edited by N Reeki

How about blue for the defender, green for defender's allies, black for attacker and dark red for attacker's allies?

So:

Blue: Defender (Ex. Slavorussia)
Green: Defender's Allies(Ex. Alvonia)
Black: Attacker (Ex. Greater German Empire)
Dark Red: Attacker's allies (Ex. Malatose)

Sure, but I'm talking stuff like:

Forest: Dark Green

Hills: Yellow

Plains: Brown

Also, standing on hills might give you better sight, being in a canyon might make it worse.

Sure, but I'm talking stuff like:

Forest: Dark Green

Hills: Yellow

Plains: Brown

Also, standing on hills might give you better sight, being in a canyon might make it worse.

Major Cities: Gray

Capital Cities: Gold

River/Ocean/Any Water: Blue

Mountain: Black/Purple