Announcing The Bus Doctrine

I am interested to see how this doctrine develops in practice.

FACE has long since outlawed military action against anyone, aligned or unaligned, without a damn good reason, and certainly tech raiding is a lousy reason.

I find it interesting that RAD and PC are sponsoring this measure. Both are well known for their tech raiding.

The optimist in me hopes this is a first step towards a change in their internal policies to reflect what appears to be their new found desire for respect of the sovereignty of others, even the 'lowly' unaligned.

I am cognizant that there is supposedly a 'way' to 'properly' tech raid. I would disagree that there is any 'proper' way to violate a nation's sovereignty for no reason other than to obtain technology or land.

Good luck and I hope this leads to an examination of the true nature of so called 'tech raiding' and a change of heart on your part.

Regards and best wishes,

EmperorVIcious

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will refer you to extraduty's post regarding the raiding habits of the signatories. Yet again, "the Phoenix" displays its epic inability to read a thread before posting in it.

And call out "the Phoenix" on the Red sphere without consulting NPO. Do it. You act like a BSD when really, all you've got is a strap-on.

EDIT: Avenger beat me to it!

I will. Tell you what, switch to red and attack a member of TPF and see what happens.

either one of you.

The Phoenix Hungers

I didn't mention it because it was irrelevent.

The point was, yes you do, you did it for all to see. I was just using that thread to prove my point, not to ''fling it in your face''.

Of course it's irrelevant: it doesn't help your argument at all. Who cares that we helped a nation, we hit another one! What a terrible bunch of people we are!

Hate to break it to you, but one instance of tech raiding doesn't make it a trend. Particularly when said nation was never actually attacked.

I will. Tell you what, switch to red and attack a member of TPF and see what happens.

either one of you.

The Phoenix Hungers

This doctrine does not attempt to limit your self defence. Only unwarrented aggression. Try making a valid comparison and then we'll see how you really feel.

either one of you.

Ya gotta admit CTB, YOU'RE tempted to do this, aren't you.

It would certainly be entertaining.

Heck, I might do it just for kicks & giggles, wrong hypothetical or not.

Edited by clifclav

If anyone was wondering how tough and manly TPF are, don't forget: The Phoenix Hungers. Those words provoke dread in any CyberNations player's heart. Really, why is an alliance composed of deserters from the Fark War, who ran away like girls from the Unjust War, trying to convince everyone how tough they are?

Also, just to make this an unbiased post; RAD and PC trying to portray themselves as honorable protectors of the unalligned, while both being perhaps best known for their raiding policies, smacks of hypocrisy.

This doctrine does not attempt to limit your self defence. Only unwarrented aggression. Try making a valid comparison and then we'll see how you really feel.

Then go back and read my post. Also it does apply. Your Doctrine leaves everything open to your interpretation. I am telling you that my actions are not dictated by YOUR interpretations. My actions will be dictated by TPF policy and MY judgement, no one else's. Again problems with that, catch me elsewhere.

The Phoenix Hungers

If anyone was wondering how tough and manly TPF are, don't forget: The Phoenix Hungers. Those words provoke dread in any CyberNations player's heart. Really, why is an alliance composed of deserters from the Fark War, who ran away like girls from the Unjust War, trying to convince everyone how tough they are?

Also, just to make this an unbiased post; RAD and PC trying to portray themselves as honorable protectors of the unalligned, while both being perhaps best known for their raiding policies, smacks of hypocrisy.

We're not trying to portray ourselves as honorable protectors of anything. We're serving our own self-interests by trying to make our sphere stronger. If that carries the unintended consequence of us being seen as honorable...well who are we to say no?

Edited by Chinatownbus

Then try it out and see how girly we are. :D

Then go back and read my post. Also it does apply. Your Doctrine leaves everything open to your interpretation. I am telling you that my actions are not dictated by YOUR interpretations. My actions will be dictated by TPF policy and MY judgement, no one else's. Again problems with that, catch me elsewhere.

The Phoenix Hungers

I'm right and you're wrong. If you don't agree with me, then I'm leaving!!!

The Phoenix Starves

either one of you.

The Phoenix Hungers

Tell you what. Stay where you are and attack some unaligned RED nations and see how far your career with TPF goes.

;)

I will admit, the irony of known tech raiding alliances protecting nations who are being assaulted by raiders is not lost on me. However, I do applaud efforts to bring safety and stability to your native sphere so I will wish luck in your endeavor, irony aside.

I believe they are trying to uphold the standards of tech raiding which as any experienced tech raider knows are 2 ga's and peace . Cms and bombing raids do noting for either party but waste money and infra. Extorting money for peace is weak and lame and drives people away from the game. These are the standards that every PC nation follows, however not very often by the alliances whose members and government are trolling this thread and who click on screens similar to this one to find all thier raids.

Edited by willirica

i believe they are tryin to uphold the standards of tech raiding which as any experienced tech raider knows 2 ga's and peace . Cms and bombing raids do noting for either party but waste money and infra. Extorting money for peace is weak and lame and drives people away from the game. These are the standards that every PC nation follows, however not very often by the alliances whose members and government are trolling this thread and who click on screens similar to this one to find all thier raids.

Meh. Personally, I think any tech raiding is no more than armed robbery, but I don't think this is a thread to discuss the ethics of tech raiding, so I'll depart.

The Phoenix Hungers

Go back and read your post? Ok, I'll quote it again for reference.

either one of you.

The Phoenix Hungers

So you've totally butchered the hypothetical, but whatever, let's run with it. How about you switch to pink and attack TPF and see what happens? Of course you wouldn't do that because you know there is no way you will get support from PC, or any other signatories, for your aggressive actions.

So we'll move on now to a relevant hypothetical.

Go attack a red nation. Go on. No? Why not? Because TPF policy says you can't, and why does TPF policy say that? Because if TPF continually raided red they'd find themselves under a Pacifican jackboot. Your actions are dictated by the Revenge Doctrine, so it's back to that increasingly relevant meme. Double standards, it doesn't matter what you did, but who you are.

[OOC: Although since you've stated to catch you elsewhere I guess I'll look forward to a message in my inbox rather than a post in this thread. Or I lurk in #tpf. Catch me there too, I'm interested in your views.]

Note: Check my AA over thar <-----. Not my doctrine.

Edited by Poyplemonkeys

hurr, Slayer hates Poison Clan, I should them too. hurr.

But seriously, what did Pink sphere ever do to you?

I would have responded to this sooner, but more important things came up.

What did pink sphere ever do to me? Nothing. Why do I hate Poison clan? Not because of Slayer. I disagree with Slayers reasons more or less. Poison clan doesn't even deserve my hate actually. They just aren't worth it. I dislike PC because they decided to come into a protectorate thread and try and act like big tough kids. They have no problem beating the crap out of an untreatied alliance for personal gain. However the second the tables were turned on them, and !@#$ started catching up to them just jumped down on their knees and begged for their precious pixels.

Of course it's irrelevant: it doesn't help your argument at all. Who cares that we helped a nation, we hit another one! What a terrible bunch of people we are!

Hate to break it to you, but one instance of tech raiding doesn't make it a trend. Particularly when said nation was never actually attacked.

Sending an unaligned nation a bundle of cash and announcing it on the OWF is helping? How naive.

You're right, it doesn't make it a trend but that little PR disaster just a month ago has given your alliance an image of being heavily for tech raiding and encouraging it amongst your membership and then we get this doctrine pop up. Try viewing this from an outsider's perspective, I'm sure you'll see how this is funny to some of us. ^_^

EDIT: Anyways, I'm off home so I'm done here. As I said in my original post, good luck with this.

Edited by Mayzie

You on the other hand...omglulz dick isn't censored on here, I must call everyone it. Seriously, grow up.

Is the CN world so PC now that you can use "you said dick" as an argument in a debate?

I am sure you say much worse things in private, I know most of the world does.

Sending an unaligned nation a bundle of cash and announcing it on the OWF is helping? How naive.

You're right, it doesn't make it a trend but that little PR disaster just a month ago has given your alliance an image of being heavily for tech raiding and encouraging it amongst your membership and then we get this doctrine pop up. Try viewing this from an outsider's perspective, I'm sure you'll see how this is funny to some of us. ^_^

Yet hitting one and taking 4 tech and causing minimal damage is hurting them?

Having an image doesn't mean it was received justly. We allow tech raiding, but that does not imply we are heavily for it. You also say that as if we go around telling people to go hit someone and steal their tech. Makes for a good sound bite, but it could matter less what I say. You'll just keep pointing at the Raid and Aid show and keep bawwing over how awful we are, regardless of how RAD actually handles tech raiding.

Yet hitting one and taking 4 tech and causing minimal damage is hurting them?

Having an image doesn't mean it was received justly. We allow tech raiding, but that does not imply we are heavily for it. You also say that as if we go around telling people to go hit someone and steal their tech. Makes for a good sound bite, but it could matter less what I say. You'll just keep pointing at the Raid and Aid show and keep bawwing over how awful we are, regardless of how RAD actually handles tech raiding.

Damage is damage there chief. 1 infra or a 1000 is hurting them. Is just the magnatude of hurt that differs.

If its not hurting, why not let someone else steal 4 tech and cause minimal damage to you? I mean, it wouldn't hurt you.