Principles of Pacifica "Weekly" Address #10

Cortath

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a pretty cool little essay. People should note what day it was posted. :v

Perhaps the comparison made to your organization's principles was nothing but a joke but to say all that was said was said in a joking manner is going a bit far. The date tells you it is a joke but the material within is still processed. To be complimentary I would say it was an extremely opportunistic maneuver to use April Fools to put this out.

Unfortunately the content of such hits a little close to a real ongoing issue for it to be nothing but a joke.

This was a pretty cool little essay. People should note what day it was posted. :v

But then they'd have to read it without prejudice, which isn't going to happen. :/

Its good to see that some people can take a joke though.

I do find it ironic that people said all the joke DoW's were over used and annoying, yet complain at something original.

I do not command Pacifica's war machine, nor do I pretend to be involved in military matters. I specialize in economics. Generally speaking, it has been my observation that we take all of our conflicts very seriously, particularly the clean-up. We take people who raid on our smaller nations very seriously, and we take people who continue to raid on Red Sphere nations very seriously.

Particularly in regards to the Red Sphere, we take it seriously. The Moldavi and Revenge Doctrines are two sides of the same coin. Because we permit no other alliances in Red, we must take the greatest pains to be sure that those nations on Red who do not wish to join the NPO and cannot join another alliance while remaining on Red are adequately protected. Jarheads threatens that protection and the Red Sphere, and for that they shall and must die.

Not that my opinion matters but, this view of "protecting red sphere" and "only allience of red sphere" is exactly why people attack in the first place, and the whole "attack red sphere and you will die approach" just fuels the fires even more, but hey I am sure I not the only person who has said this so you don't need to say I am wrong...

then again a personal opinion is subjective and can not be absolutly wrong (just arrogant or naive)

Not that my opinion matters but, this view of "protecting red sphere" and "only allience of red sphere" is exactly why people attack in the first place, and the whole "attack red sphere and you will die approach" just fuels the fires even more, but hey I am sure I not the only person who has said this so you don't need to say I am wrong...

then again a personal opinion is subjective and can not be absolutly wrong (just arrogant or naive)

I suppose I'll start by taking issue with the "I'm going to make a statement of fact but then say it's an opinion" little bit you have at the end. You, my friend, made statements of fact. You made a statement on why people attack red sphere nations. That's a statement of fact. A statement that can be proven to be true or false. A statement of opinion is one that cannot be proven true or false by demonstrable means. "I think that if I jump, I will never fall" isn't an "opinion" because I put "I think" in front of it. It's a statement of fact and it's wrong. "Babies taste good," is an opinion, because it cannot be demonstrated absolutely true or false.

Now, to move to your argument.

We give the greatest blessings to Red Sphere nations. Whereas the unaligned of most of the other Spheres can fall prey to mercenary tech raiders, petty wars, expanding alliances looking for tech, Red Sphere nations live under the protection of our peace. This is a gift, and one of the greatest gifts any alliance has ever offered anyone on Planet Bob, let alone a group so exploited and stomped on as the unaligned.

Those who attack Red Nations do so for one of two reasons, they are ignorant or they are irrational. Those who attack because they are ignorant do so ignorant of the Moldavi and Revenge Doctrines, being simple tech raiders who wish for a bit of tech. We find them, and make them un-ignorant. Once un-ignorant, if they attack again, they are simply irrational, for the pain we exact for a second encroachment on the Red nations we protect far outweighs the petty gains a few tech raids can give one.

I suppose I'll start by taking issue with the "I'm going to make a statement of fact but then say it's an opinion" little bit you have at the end. You, my friend, made statements of fact. You made a statement on why people attack red sphere nations. That's a statement of fact. A statement that can be proven to be true or false. A statement of opinion is one that cannot be proven true or false by demonstrable means. "I think that if I jump, I will never fall" isn't an "opinion" because I put "I think" in front of it. It's a statement of fact and it's wrong. "Babies taste good," is an opinion, because it cannot be demonstrated absolutely true or false.

Now, to move to your argument.

We give the greatest blessings to Red Sphere nations. Whereas the unaligned of most of the other Spheres can fall prey to mercenary tech raiders, petty wars, expanding alliances looking for tech, Red Sphere nations live under the protection of our peace. This is a gift, and one of the greatest gifts any alliance has ever offered anyone on Planet Bob, let alone a group so exploited and stomped on as the unaligned.

Those who attack Red Nations do so for one of two reasons, they are ignorant or they are irrational. Those who attack because they are ignorant do so ignorant of the Moldavi and Revenge Doctrines, being simple tech raiders who wish for a bit of tech. We find them, and make them un-ignorant. Once un-ignorant, if they attack again, they are simply irrational, for the pain we exact for a second encroachment on the Red nations we protect far outweighs the petty gains a few tech raids can give one.

OOC: fair enough I'll agree that I made a statement perhaps I am who likes to be polite and respectful when expressing my views ;)

IC: let me clarify something that I should have said before I do not think protecting unaligned red nations as a bad thing in fact I admire it really I also understand that if it is the red nation that attacks in the first place they receive no help (I try to make sure my facts are relatively strait before I judge)

however while I respect and agree about the protection of red nations I can say that with the Moldavi doctrine along side with the protection of red nations it is not arrogence to want to try and stir things up, I mean really people are always going to try and fight "the man" now wether "the man" is a evil corrupt dictator or not is up to the individual...

OOC: fair enough I'll agree that I made a statement perhaps I am who likes to be polite and respectful when expressing my views ;)

IC: let me clarify something that I should have said before I do not think protecting unaligned red nations as a bad thing in fact I admire it really I also understand that if it is the red nation that attacks in the first place they receive no help (I try to make sure my facts are relatively strait before I judge)

however while I respect and agree about the protection of red nations I can say that with the Moldavi doctrine along side with the protection of red nations it is not arrogence to want to try and stir things up, I mean really people are always going to try and fight "the man" now wether "the man" is a evil corrupt dictator or not is up to the individual...

OOC: Sorry, I probably went a little too harsh there.

IC: I suppose if people want to fight "the man" they're welcome to attack Red nations. We shall destroy them. *shrugs*

OOC: Sorry, I probably went a little too harsh there.

IC: I suppose if people want to fight "the man" they're welcome to attack Red nations. We shall destroy them. *shrugs*

How many attackers of red nations actually get destroyed? For the most part they are told to stop attacking, they do, that's it.