Income vs Happiness in an event

Drai

Environment penalties make your 1 happiness not equal exactly 2$.

If you have almost perfect environment, then the environment effect is something small, like 1%. But either way, the -2 happiness is better than -$4 to pick, given -2 happiness=-$3.98 or something smaller than $4.

4/6/2009 Your council has approached you about creating a trade route directly through a forest into a nearby nation.

Option 1: Build the highway through the forest and open up the nearby area for business. Land area -5%, Citizen income +$2.00.

Option 2: Refuse to build through the forest. Population happiness +1.

No Response: Population happiness +1.

12,093.297 mile diameter.

9,064.514 in purchases, 2,756.519 in modifiers, 272.264 in growth

Which should I pickz? :(

Actually the -5% land area doesn't matter. This bug has been brought up several times and still hasn't been fixed.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=42023

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=37291

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=35197

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=29607

So assuming this bug isn't going away, Option 1 would be better, because $2.00 > 1hp, as was pointed out earlier. However, given that admin could fix this any time, I'm not sure the risk would be worth it for a few extra thousand dollars. I'd probably pick Option 2 also.

Edited by raskull

Happiness will equate to more money as you build more Improvements.

According to my Game Mechanic sources, 1 Happiness will equate to $6 once you have purchased all the income improving improvements.

According to my Game Mechanic sources, 1 Happiness will equate to $6 once you have purchased all the income improving improvements.

It is actually about $4.15, with a perfect environment (and no SDC). This doesn't really matter though. Income changes are subject to the same modifiers so you can still treat 1hp as (slightly less than) $2.00 when choosing event options.

Edit: Note to self... don't open a bunch of tabs, go get a snack, then come back and reply without checking if Alden beat you to it in the mean time.

Edited by raskull

That value hasn't changed for over two years ;)

Only improvements modify it; Banks/Harbor/Foreign Ministry/Schools/Universities. The SDC increases it to $4.30 or so.

With environment it is *slightly* less but still roughly $4.00 - $4.15 per happiness.

Intelligence Agencies too.

The experiment I did, I decom'd all my 5 Intelligence agencies, and compared my income per happiness with when I had my Intelligence agencies, my end result was that w/ Intelligence Agencies, 1 Happiness = $4, without, it was $2.

The experiment I did, I decom'd all my 5 Intelligence agencies, and compared my income per happiness with when I had my Intelligence agencies, my end result was that w/ Intelligence Agencies, 1 Happiness = $4, without, it was $2.

You must have done something wrong :s

Intelligence Agency - $38,500.00 - Increases happiness for tax rates greater than 23% +1. Each Intelligence Agency allows nations to purchase + 100 spies. This improvement may not be destroyed if it is supporting spies until those spies are first destroyed.

They just add one happiness.

This isn't possible. Intelligence agencies have nothing to do with income per happiness point since they don't affect income itself. They give a +1 happiness bonus to those with tax rates set higher than 23%. Only improvements increasing the percent of income affect how much a happiness point is worth.

Banks increase income by 7% per bank or 35% for all 5 banks

Harbors increase income by 1%

Foreign Ministries increase income by 5%

Schools increase income by 5% per school or 25% for all 5 schools

Universities increase income by 8% per university or 16% for having both universities - Having the SDC improves the yield for universities to 10% per unversity or 20% for having both

Those without the SDC:

Base income of a point of happiness = $2.00

Modified total possible is $2.00*1.35*1.01*1.05*1.25*1.16 = 4.1518575 or $4.15 which is generally used

Those with the SDC

Modified total possible is $2.00*1.35*1.01*1.05*1.25*1.20 = 4.295025 or $4.30

That's it, that's all the affects what a happiness point is worth in terms of income per happiness. There are a lot of factors that affect income, like tax rate or the number of happiness points for example that change your income but having nothing to do with what a happiness point is worth. Not sure how you're translating the possible loss of 5 happiness points with their value per point dropping from $4.15 to $2 while you retain all the improvements that actually impact on the worth of a happiness point unless you're confused about something.

You can do all that math crap, but buy every money making Improvement except Churchs, get your Income per Happiness, then Decom all your Intelligence Agencies. That's what I did, and that's the results I received.

You can do all that math crap, but buy every money making Improvement except Churchs, get your Income per Happiness, then Decom all your Intelligence Agencies. That's what I did, and that's the results I received.

Then it appears you are confused.

How are you calculating "income per happiness"? Would you mind posting your result here (even just destroying 1 or 2 IAs would be fine if it is enough to show a change)?