[Bug]The -10% land event doesn't get used by battle system

Denniswerf

Option 1: Build a new highway section and close down the old section. Land area -10%.

Area of Influence: 3,483.498 mile diameter.

2,635.015 in purchases, 250.618 in modifiers, 597.864 in growth

So uhm yeah, thanks to this event I only have 3,483.498 mile of land. Annoying, but my popularity density is still fine..

When I go to battle (doing a ground attack) it says

Attacking Land Area: 3,870.553

So the battle system takes my land without the -10% event. I assume since the event gives me -10% land, it also should use those values with the combat system

If you want a surefire way to not have a reason to play Cybernations keep up with this attitude :-\

I sent an exploit report to admin today and got a reply back within a few hours, I lub him now :awesome:

I am still wondering if this 'bug' will be fixed (or that its supposed to be this way)

first note: as far as I know you do not get a bonus for your land when attackign anyway, so whatever is displayed in the "attacking land" field should not influence the outcome of the battle.

Nonetheless it is a bug and should be fixed. I would begin searching in here:

- are event-modificators correctly applied before the battle-calculation is done?

- is the ADP-wonder-modificator correctly applied before the battle-calculation is done?

- are the Gov-Land-modificators correctly applied before the battle-calculation is done?

first note: as far as I know you do not get a bonus for your land when attackign anyway, so whatever is displayed in the "attacking land" field should not influence the outcome of the battle.

Nonetheless it is a bug and should be fixed. I would begin searching in here:

- are event-modificators correctly applied before the battle-calculation is done?

- is the ADP-wonder-modificator correctly applied before the battle-calculation is done?

- are the Gov-Land-modificators correctly applied before the battle-calculation is done?

True, but what about a guy who normally has 1010 land but lost 10% because of an event. Can the attacker do navy attacks on him or not? :o

I am not entirely sure, but I think the Navy Requirements are based on 'purchased land' and not 'modified land'. Since I cannot see the sourcecode and have way too much land to test myself, only the Admin can clarify this.

I am not entirely sure, but I think the Navy Requirements are based on 'purchased land' and not 'modified land'. Since I cannot see the sourcecode and have way too much land to test myself, only the Admin can clarify this.

Navy purchases are based on total land, i've only got 800 purchased land and i'm able to support a Navy.