Transvaal Cup - Friendlies requests

Botha

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jutopia Land 2, Cainian Empire 1

JUT (2): Total shots 4 shots on net 3; 12 tackles; 1 corner; 85% passing; 48% possession

CAI (1): Total shots 3; shots on net 2; 10 tackles; 1 corner; 92% passing; 52% possession

SCORING SUMMARY

JUT 17:08 – tip-in off goalkeeper deflection

CAI 29:27 – scored from corner kick

JUT 90:00 – header off crossing pass

Arcadian Empire 1, Dragonia 0 (ET)

ARC (1): Total shots 7; shots on net 3; 15 tackles; 2 corners; 87% passing; 46% possession

DRA (0): Total shots 4; shots on net 2; 14 tackles; 2 corners; 89% passing; 54% possession

SCORING SUMMARY

ARC 105:00 - long corner shot from outside penalty box

Edited by Botha

I'm finally installing Fifa '05. Not to sound silly, but I think the last Fifa for the PC that I played was the '97 one... :mellow:

Once I get used to the controls, I'll be up for a friendly in the weekend.

EDIT: Ergh, I'm having technical problems. When I try to launch the game with Disk 1, it tells me to put on Disk 2. But when I do so and click "Ok", it says that I have the wrong CD-Rom. Anyone knows what's wrong? :(

Edited by V The King

Once I get used to the controls, I'll be up for a friendly in the weekend.

I'm simming the games, we're not playing them online.

Ergh, I'm having technical problems. When I try to launch the game with Disk 1, it tells me to put on Disk 2. But when I do so and click "Ok", it says that I have the wrong CD-Rom. Anyone knows what's wrong?

You use Disc 2 in your CD drive to play the game. Otherwise there's been a problem with install and you need to try again. What kind of PC and OS are you using?

I'm simming the games, we're not playing them online.

Ah, I see.

You use Disc 2 in your CD drive to play the game. Otherwise there's been a problem with install and you need to try again. What kind of PC and OS are you using?

I quickly did a re-install and it works fine now... Not sure what happened in the prior install.

Valhalla 0, Transvaal 0 (4-2 PK)

VAL (0): Total shots 6 shots on net 3; 23 tackles; 1 corner; 1 foul; 92% passing; 59% possession

TRA (0): Total shots 5; shots on net 2; 30 tackles; 1 corner; 1 booking; 1 foul; 91% passing; 41% possession

PENALTY SHOOTOUT

VAL: 1-1-1-1

TRA: 1-0-0-1

SUMMARY: Midfield struggle between two evenly matched squads. Valhalla dominated with possession but were unable to capitalize on net while Transvaal was hampered by playing half the match down a man. Valhalla's keeper was cool and calm between the net, while Transvaal's penalty kickers were unable to pick off the corners.

Sooners 2, Arctica 1 (ET)

SOO (2): Total shots 6; shots on net 5; 21 tackles; 1 corner; 95% passing; 50% possession

ARC (1): Total shots 1; shots on net 1; 18 tackles; 0 corners; 89% passing; 50% possession

SCORING SUMMARY

ARC 33

SOO 90

SOO 105

SUMMARY: Gone are the days when the name Sooners invoked images of futility. A squad whose previous finishes in the Transvaal Cups were abyssmal finishes - second from last and improving somewhat to third from last in 2007 and neither time winning a single game during the preliminary round – the Sooners team of 2009 has undergone a vast training program and new talent has been brought in. The end result is now perhaps one of the strongest sides going into TWC III.

Despite falling behind early from a fluke goal by Arctica during a poorly-executed defensive switch, Sooners dominated on the field. Their defense and midfield executed precise passing in and out of traffic to create some impressive and dangerous offensive threats. Of any team seen so far in the friendless, they can get the ball to the man they want regardless how tight the coverage against him.

Their only setback today was their forwards not making good connection on the crosses lobbed deep into the enemy penalty area – but this was more due to excellent defensive positioning by Arctica than any lack of talent.

Sooners are expected by many pundits to finally make the playoffs and then go deep. Whether their inexperience in post-season play may later hurt them against more experienced squads remains to be seen, but it is not inconceivable to see them make the Semi-Finals depending on who they match-up with during playoffs.

Arctica’s lone goal was scored when Sooner’s defense became tangled up, with three men marking up against one attack, which drew pressure away from their other forward and opened up lots of room in front of the net to maneuver around the Sooners keeper.

Sooners forced the match into extra time when they set-up a beautiful three-on-two attack in the penalty area, driving the ball hard in on net before deftly flicking a pass off to a wingman who caught the Arctican keeper badly out of position. The winning goal which came in extra time started on a fast clear up the sidelines and then crossing into traffic for the ideal header which sailed across pass the stunned keeper into the opposite side.