Transvaal Cup - Friendlies requests

Botha

For the 38 teams which have signed up so far, last night I went and assigned the teams which will represent you in the tournament. These will not be disclosed until after tournament completion or your team is eliminated.

To build some pre-tournament hype and interest during the week and a bit leading up to the start interest (and in Neo Japan and Dun Carrig's cases, trash talk and muscle flex) I will now accept requests for friendlies. And I am still taking applications in the sign-up thread.

I'll play out 2 friendly matches per night - assuming I get a flood of requests.

As a given, the first friendly I will sim tonight to get the ball kicking will be the much talked about and famous derby from the old UCFA:

Neo Japan vs Dun Carrig

Match results in a couple of hours!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neo Japan 1, Dun Carrig 1 (3-0 PK)

Neo Japan (1): Total shots 2; shots on net 1; 33 tackles; 1 corner; 87% passing; 47% possession

Dun Carrig (1): Total shots 6; shots on net 3; 24 tackles; 2 corners; 93% passing; 53% possession

SCORING SUMMARY

Dun Carrig 82:16 - header from rebound off goalkeeper

Neo Japan 90:00 - top corner shot from penalty box line

PENALTY SHOOTOUT

Neo Japan: 1-0-1-1

Dun Carrig: 0-0-0-X

SUMMARY: What started out as a pretty dull, balanced midfield battle ended up being a barnburner. Neo Japan were the weaker team going into the match but the stats don't convey the true action on the field as their midfield played a real smart game with great, crisp passing - while Dun Carrig just seemed content to sit back and then play a tight defense to close down any incoming attackers. I'd say they almost played down to Neo Japan's level. In the shootout, Dun Carrig's spotkicking was atrocious with only one shot not sailing over or past the net. Good character win for Neo Japan.

Edited by Botha

Why were there only 4 penalties? Shouldn't there be 5? I call shenanigans!

My error, I transcribed it wrong. Thanks for noticing that.

And I demand a friendly with VolNation and Costa Libertad! Maybe the 3 of us can do a Champions Trophy type thing, a round-robin pre-cup tournament?

3-team mini-tournament - if Costa Libertad and VolNation are up for that then I'll sim it for you.

Neo Japan 1, Dun Carrig 1 (3-0 PK)

Neo Japan (1): Total shots 2; shots on net 1; 33 tackles; 1 corner; 87% passing; 47% possession

Dun Carrig (1): Total shots 6; shots on net 3; 24 tackles; 2 corners; 93% passing; 53% possession

SCORING SUMMARY

Dun Carrig 82:16 - header from rebound off goalkeeper

Neo Japan 90:00 - top corner shot from penalty box line

PENALTY SHOOTOUT

Neo Japan: 1-0-1-1

Dun Carrig: 0-0-0-X

SUMMARY: What started out as a pretty dull, balanced midfield battle ended up being a barnburner. Neo Japan were the weaker team going into the match but the stats don't convey the true action on the field as their midfield played a real smart game with great, crisp passing - while Dun Carrig just seemed content to sit back and then play a tight defense to close down any incoming attackers. I'd say they almost played down to Neo Japan's level. In the shootout, Dun Carrig's spotkicking was atrocious with only one shot not sailing over or past the net. Good character win for Neo Japan.

That's right Steodonn, and that's only a taste of what Imma bringin' to the Cup >:3

*flexes muscles*

TONIGHT: Sarnungian Republic vs Azerbaijani Republic

The Azerbaijani National Soccer Team, bettr known in Azerbaijan for their nickname "Odlar Yurdu" (Land of Free), will gather tonight to prepare for their friendly match against the Sarnungian Republic. Azerbaijan’s fans will also start their preparations for the first international match ever of the Azerbaijani Republic. President Ilham Aliyev wished good luck to the team.

Here's the formation:

Goalkeeper: Farhad Valiyev

Defender: Samir Abbasov

Defender: Rasad Sadiqov

Defender: Sasa Yunisoglu

Defender: Usim Nduka

Midfielder: Elmar Baxsiev

Midfielder: Aleksandr Chertoganov

Midfielder: Elvin Mammadov

Striker: Branimir Subasic (Captain)

Striker: Fabio Luis Ramim

Striker: Vagif Dzavadov

Those of you planning to supply your own RP player names...

During the playoff round when I post up actual game reports like the one above, if you have indicated to me (PM me please as a reminder) you're supplying your own player names then I will just list off your goals with your nation name, i.e "Azarbaijan F", "Azarbaijan MF", etc. and you can add the names in yourself as you see fit.

With 16 teams making the playoffs, it will be difficult for me to keep track and use RP names (matching them up with the in-game players in FIFA'05) - although I will incorporate them into the Wiki page as I am able to do so.

During the preliminary pool round, I'll only be posting up the scores.

As for the mini-tournament, I'd like to keep it at three teams right now just so I can manage it easier. I think having a Liga Mundo Big-3 clash would be interesting considering the interlinked history and combined dominance these three clubs/nations have.

Also, if teams are open for friendlies and don't care who their opponent is, just say so and I'll match up folks.

You can also request friendlies against RL clubs (if they are available in FIFA'05), so if you have an urge to take on Manchester United or Juventus, feel free to do so.

Edited by Botha

Sarnungian Republic 3, Azerbaijani Republic 2

SAR (3): Total shots 8; shots on net 5; 8 tackles; 2 corners; 97% passing; 47% possession

AZR (2): Total shots 3; shots on net 2; 12 tackles; 93% passing; 53% possession

SCORING SUMMARY

SAR 5:18 header off rebound

SAR 41:36 top right corner shot from middle of penalty box

AZR 49:00 shot resulting from turnover deep in goal box

SAR 68:39 rebounded shot after 2-on-1 attack

AZR 90:00 pass fed in close on net

SUMMARY: Sarnungian Republic clearly was the stronger team although in the second half Azerbaijani Republic put on a plucky display to claw their way back to a respectable score - although missing out on two strong opportunities to even the score and take the lead. However, those two failed chances aside, the scoreline was otherwise generously favourable to Azerbaijani Republic as Sarnungian Republic could have racked up the score more.

Sarnungian Republic 3, Azerbaijani Republic 2

When asked after the game what he thought about the score, team captain Johannes Warren gave a grin and shook his head. "I believe we could have done better, but the score still stands. Whether it be 3-2, 4-2 or else, we played a good team and they gave an effort. I'm a little disappointed, as we all should be, but it be a friendly. The real games come in the tournament. Thank'ee."

Arcadian Empire 0, VolNation 0 (4-3 PK)

ARC (0): Total shots 8; shots on net 4; 11 tackles; 2 corner; 89% passing; 54% possession

VOL (0): Total shots 3; shots on net 2; 14 tackles; 0 corner; 94% passing; 46% possession

PENALTY SHOOTOUT

ARC: 0-1-1-0-1-1

VOL: 0-0-1-1-1-0

SUMMARY: Interesting, balanced match-up. Arcadian Empire played a more offensive minded game while VolNation was content to set up a defensive wall in their side of the midfield. Arcadian Empire had a great attempt around half an hour into the match but the ball deflected up and over the net – while VolNation was unable to make good use of its free kick placed around ten feet outside the penalty box.

Arcadian Empire looks like it could make real mincemeat out of weaker opposition although against stronger, defensive-minded squads their attack will get bogged down. Their defense and midfield were nothing great to write home about.

VolNation on the other hand will likely not cough up too many goals - concern for their coaches however, judging from their offense today, is they may not score too many either. I would expect to see them involved in a lot of 1-goal and drawn matches.

It's the same coach...again!

A managerless Arcadian Empire squad consisting of club teams Arcadia FC and Pikachu FC played the VolNation national squad to a 0-0 draw with a 4-3 win on penalties. Arcadia FC fans were given the simple choice by Arcadian Football Federation boss Roger MacKinley, "Win, and get Coach Courtney - lose, and you'll be coached by Dolph von Uppenheimerspeigel."

Dolph von Uppenheimerspeigel is notorious for being called the "Worst Coach" of 2008 leading his club of amateurs in the Arcadian Sunday League, Uppenheimerspeigel F.C. (motto: I am fantastic) to a record 0 points in the 21 game league.

On being nominated, Coach Courtney promised to patch up the defence and midfield - and was caught wondering on why the midfielders, which she is very proud of, did not perform well.

You weren't supposed to say what country they're from!

Hopefully Costa Libertad will come soon and accept our three-way dance tournament. I have no objections with Dragonia coming in, although I do prefer it to be a competition of the three-best Liga Mundo sides' national teams.

"While I don’t get too concerned with friendlies, our 3-2 loss was disturbing as our strikers missed too many chances to change the course of the match. Tough i am satisfied of our first performance, i'm sure we will play better the next time" While Captain Branimir Subasic used the match as a chance to experiment with his squad and as a conditioning work, the whole team can look at the match as a good training session and not with concern of overall performance. President Ilham Aliyev congratulated the opponents and the team.