Announcement from The Triforce

Pakkk

Raiding an aligned nation isn't a good idea. Don't raid them if you don't want to be nuked.

Someone making the mistake of raiding an aligned nation is pretty common.

Nuking someone in return is not a mistake, and it certainly won't be viewed well by that member's alliance, especially while you're asking for a $6 mil handout.

You should probably brainstorm a few different scenarios that extend further than simply "*fire nuke* we demand money" and ask yourselves what you would do if the other alliance tells you to piss off. Cause it's gonna happen.

because this will keep people from raiding you, or you could just rip em a new one in private and not take up our precious internets

BTW: Triforce cant triforce

▲

▲ ▲

Edited by B Tard

then it would be wise not to raid in the first place.

You see, let me educate you on the hypotheticals of what would happen if you did this to one of my nations.

I have a no tech raiding policy in my alliance, so I would probably agree to have the nation pay you for damages out of their own pocket lest they become a rogue. This includes reasonable damages for what they did, and yes, being an alliance leader, I would ask for war reports and a full accounting. I would make a counter proposal of 100-150% of those damages, and log our conversation if my member is willing to peace out.

Presuming the Triforce would not accept my...reasonable peace offer, I would then ask my protector to assist with the issue as a last resort right before letting the war declaration fly. If you nuked me in the middle of that, I would accept it as an act of war and nuke you back. I would then activate my treaties for the assault, post my cassus belli including logs and let the chips fall where they may.

This is not a wise policy, this is reckless and insulting that we can't manage our own house and you find nuclear proliferation a necessary first tool to fight something that as a whole is something that can be negotiated within 24 hours.

Someone making the mistake of raiding an aligned nation is pretty common.

Nuking someone in return is not a mistake, and it certainly won't be viewed well by that member's alliance, especially while you're asking for a $6 mil handout.

You should probably brainstorm a few different scenarios that extend further than simply "*fire nuke* we demand money" and ask yourselves what you would do if the other alliance tells you to piss off. Cause it's gonna happen.

Small alliances are constantly troubled with raiders. It isn't always a "mistake". Those who are raided need this policy to deter people from making these "mistakes".

The policy has been modified after reading critics from this thread.

The thing is Triforce dosent wish to be a big huge alliance.

we will only have 20 nations and our goals is to have them all MP equipped.

we dont have a desire to grow in alliance strength, we will have 20 fit nations locked and ready to go at all times.

now we will be small and 20 in size, this means some alliances will raid us, and we dont wish to be a protectorate for ever.

so this policy was needed for us to stay safe from raiders.

I think the point is made across.

So let us stay in peace. and best of luck to you.

Now if you please Mods, please close this thread

Small alliances are constantly troubled with raiders. It isn't always a "mistake". Those who are raided need this policy to deter people from making these "mistakes".

Now we have 2 issues;

either 1) it's an honest mistake (these do happen). or 2) It's not a mistake, and it's coming from an alliance that doesn't recognize groups your size (whatever it is, I don't know) as an "alliance" (personally I think that kind of policy is retarded too but that's not the issue here).

Now assuming it's the first option.... you think you're ready to nuke someone over an honest mistake and escalate something that is relatively simple to handle into something that's definitely going to make you look like the idiot?

Assuming it's the 2nd option; do you really think it would be wise to nuke a member of an alliance which doesn't even recognize you as an alliance in the first place? Where do you think this will lead?

But whatever, I think I made my point. Have fun enforcing this :popcorn:

Now we have 2 issues;

either 1) it's an honest mistake (these do happen). or 2) It's not a mistake, and it's coming from an alliance that doesn't recognize groups your size (whatever it is, I don't know) as an "alliance" (personally I think that kind of policy is retarded too but that's not the issue here).

Now assuming it's the first option.... you think you're ready to nuke someone over an honest mistake and escalate something that is relatively simple to handle into something that's definitely going to make you look like the idiot?

Assuming it's the 2nd option; do you really think it would be wise to nuke a member of an alliance which doesn't even recognize you as an alliance in the first place? Where do you think this will lead?

But whatever, I think I made my point. Have fun enforcing this :popcorn:

Such a mistake is very unlikely. The raider would have to be very reckless. A nuke would be good motivation not to make such a mistake again. Tech-raiding should not be tolerated.

Edited by Infinite Narwhal

As far as I understand, this announcement basically states that Trifroce will accept no more than 6 mil in reps. For those who think that Triforce is trying to extort nations who raid their members, it seems that they just have a ceiling on how much they accept. Then it goes on to say that if your demands are not met the aggressor would face the consequences. How is this whole thing actually different from most other alliances' policy is beyond me. Telling BAPS about your problem probably would have be as effective, if not more, as this announcement.