Nuclear Number Suggestion

Sumeragi

Making a nuke is a time consuming process,

It takes many weeks to use cyclotrons to purify U-238 from uranium ore since it is separated one atom at a time and several kilograms are required for a bomb.

The USSR & the USA at the peak of the cold war arms race could produce only 1 new nuke a week each and they had multiple cyclotrons and economies that were truly massive and they were enjoying relative peace at the time.

During a war when a nuke lands anarchy occurs and industrial production plummets, and since U-238 production is an industrial process it would suffer the same as other industries and production would grind to a halt.

My take on nuke regeneration.

Producing nation not in anarchy: 1 every 24 hours of real time (Assuming 1 week of game time = 1 day of real time & accepting the IG nuke production rate)

Producing nation has no operational cyclotrons: No regen (assuming the nation has had its cyclotron targeted in the first strike of a nuke war, a reasonable & plausible strategy)

Here is the revised version. The following are the warheads and their production time schedule:

1. ~25 kiloton: 0.1 IG nuke, 3 RL days

2. ~100 kiloton: 0.2 IG nuke, 6 RL days

3. ~400 kiloton: 0.5 IG nuke, 15 RL days

4. ~1 megaton: 1 IG nuke, 30

5. Over 1 megaton: (megaton number) IG nuke, RL days

Nukes can be produced only during peace.

How about 1.5 megaton for every thousand tech in terms of strength (bottom level nuke will be 50 kilotons, lets be honest most who have less than a thousand tech don't have nukes). When one gets a WRC the multiplier per 1000 tech goes to 2 instead of one. If you want to have a MIRV, divide by that number. However, if someone RPs and SDI that intercepts the weapon before the re-entry phase the MIRV package doesn't matter.

If you wanna deliver by plane you can also divide into the number of bombs the plane carries.

Edited by Triyun

You're all crazy. Why don't we make it simple and pertinent to our in-game status and let our nuke count equal our IG nukes.

EDIT: Else, it'll just be a bunch of people stockpiling a completely arbitrary amount of nukes just so they can "completely destroy" a nation if they decide to throw a fit.

Edited by V The King

1 IG nuke = 1 RP nuke that is all it needs to be, that is all it should be. There is no need for discussion.

It's not the number, it's the yield.

A 100 MT nuke is VASTLY more powerful than a 1 MT nuke. And with the current guidelines, I could theoretically build 25 nukes, each with a yield of 100 MT, bring them with spaceshuttles or whatever into low earth orbit and EMP the entire goddamned world.

I'm actually thinking about doing that, just for the lulz.

Edit: "space" -> "low earth orbit"

Edited by Lynneth

Here is the revised version. The following are the warheads and their production time schedule:

This^

A 100 MT nuke is VASTLY more powerful than a 1 MT nuke. And with the current guidelines, I could theoretically build 25 nukes, each with a yield of 100 MT, bring them with spaceshuttles or whatever into low earth orbit and EMP the entire goddamned world.

Just dont hit me.

This^

Just dont hit me.

Then limit the size to 1 MT at most. Or if people complain about people in the 80's having nukes as powerful as those in the 2020's, then add a slight tech multiplier to it. Something like:

Nuke yield = 1MT*Tech Level/2000

the largest bomb ever detonated in RL was the Tsar Bomba, a 55 MT Soviet test, using their best tech. I know for a fact the U.S. has warheads in the range of 100 MT ready to launch in 15 minutes time. They do exist now, and they existed 10 years ago. The tech scale doesn't fit the nuclear tech scale.

Edited by Arkantos

ooc

I can say, with unequivocal authority, that the majority of the special weapons in the US arsenal do not exceed 1MT. The actual yields of the W76 and W88 physics packages are classified, but I'll admit that Wikipedia is fairly accurate.

/ooc