Confucianism Begins Construction of P-791

Chancellor Bismarck

CONFUCIUS - Today, Confucianism announced that it is beginning the construction of its new fleet of defensive warplanes, which can be used for reconnaisance, naval warfare, aerial bombing, solidation of borders, and much more. They have released pictures of what they plan for the plane to look like at its completion. The planes are believed to be a major step forward in the world of aerodynamics, one which nobody can parallel.

p-791.jpg

The President and his staff will also get one each for travel accomodations. The President's own is expected to be nearly impregnable, and to have all the latest in communication and warfare technology. In the case of an attack, the President can take to the skies in order to be safe.

Some stats and figures, released from the Confucianist Department of Development:

Cruising Altitude: 85,000 ft.

Speed: 550 mph

Maximum Capacity: 350 people

Cargo capacity: 10 tons

Armament: Classified

The planes are not available for sale on the open market, but may be pre-ordered by any nation Confucianism has a friendship treaty or above for $500,000,000. Tech-sharing nations may purchase it for only $200,000,000.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Are you tech sharing with anyone? If not, then you certainly don't have the tech to do this.

OOC: Yes. Read the "Confucianism Factbook" as in my signature.

EDIT2: It's a little outdated, but the treaties and tech numbers are correct.

Edited by Pacifism

OOC: A 550 mph blimp! :o

Unless the m is meters and not miles, I don't think that will happen, especially with the tiny propellers driving the craft.

The propellers are mainly for navigation, there are actual engines on the back. ;) For clarification, that is a pretty poor picture. There are wings at the back for direction, engines on the back, and propellers to steer when near the ground or hovering.

Edited by Pacifism

Confucianism has just broken the limits of aerodynamics. :wacko:

We believe that our design is actually well-equipped for good airflow. The design allows air to go below and over the aircraft, and the hover engines at the bottom provide the necessary stabilisation for liftoff and landing capabilities. The durable and absorbent metals at the front and around the aircraft allow for the high-speed travel of this great machine. As we said, it is quite cutting edge.

OOC: You couldn't fit much armor on that thing, higher technology doesn't raise the buoyancy of helium you know.

I built this: walrus_HUGE.jpg

Also: Friendly Diagram: Airship_types.gif

Also, they stopped using airships for bombing back in WWI. They are big and slow, they fill a nitch, they don't replace other planes. They are like a VTOL cargoplane, not a speedy bomber.

Edited by BaronUberstein

OOC: My airship can only do 90 kph and loses significant lift at high altitudes because I have to vent gas to prevent the gasbags from rupturing. link

There is also no way a airship can do 550kph, A airship is a big bulky object and it has too much drag to get to that kind of speed.

And there are a myriad of good reasons not to use a airship as a warship the first being that the gas bag is incredibly fragile.

Airships are only really useful as skycranes and as commercial freighters and passenger ships.

OOC: Too bad its not a bag of air, but metal that is a hybrid airship. :/

EDIT: To those that say "...my helium can only reach certain altitudes...", there are plenty of planes out there that combine both helium and modern aviation concepts. They are called "hybrid airships", and this is the first warplane to be turned out by the actual company SkunkWorks in the United States that combines these concepts. They do not rely completely on helium, and only use it to boost their performance. Those arguments are flawed, as this definetly does not only utilise a helium airship, whichi is why I did not refer to it as an airship.

Edited by Pacifism

OOC: Too bad its not a bag of air, but metal that is a hybrid airship. :/

EDIT: To those that say "...my helium can only reach certain altitudes...", there are plenty of planes out there that combine both helium and modern aviation concepts. They are called "hybrid airships", and this is the first warplane to be turned out by the actual company SkunkWorks in the United States that combines these concepts. They do not rely completely on helium, and only use it to boost their performance. Those arguments are flawed, as this definetly does not only utilise a helium airship, whichi is why I did not refer to it as an airship.

OOC: Right so the helium/wahtever mixture is held behind what steel?

OOC: Real-life U.S. and SkunkWorks never revealed that.

OOC: The P-791 is an experimental aerostatic/aerodynamic hybrid airship developed by Lockheed-Martin corporation

First:

Its Lockheed-Martin working on the P-791 the SkunkWorks unsuccessfully tried to bid their one to the US before.

Second:

Their is no mention of a mixture in the gas. Instead it is a mixture of lift techniques.

OOC: You don't have 2006 tech.

OOC: Er, yes I do. I actually have 2008 tech, because my tech sharing agreements give me 1.26k tech.

@Kevz: Funny that you know that, because nothing about it was declassified. It was discovered by plane watchers. I am RPing that it is a hybrid airship, because that is precisely what it looks like and that is what most believe it is.

OOC: Er, yes I do. I actually have 2008 tech, because my tech sharing agreements give me 1.26k tech.

@Kevz: Funny that you know that, because nothing about it was declassified. It was discovered by plane watchers. I am RPing that it is a hybrid airship, because that is precisely what it looks like and that is what most believe it is.

OOC: yes my source is horribly not reliable as its wikipedia for one (shudders). Also what gas mixture would you place inside your airship other than Helium?

OOC: Can you give a link/evidence for the speed? I can't find anything on how fast it goes...

OOC: Not really. The test flight of course shows it going at slower speeds, but nothing has been declassified about its speed. The shape itself can be made to be very aerodynamic, but nothing has been shown to demonstrate its true speed in RL.