Confucianism Begins Construction of P-791

Chancellor Bismarck

OOC: Don't worry ive given up I just don't get how he can have all th resources he needs to produce what he needs whilst others cant. Thats all.

OOC: I don't believe he ever said that he had everything he needed in his own nation. Only that he had the ability to get it (via trade). THAT is certainly not something easily disputed.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: I don't believe he ever said that he had everything he needed in his own nation. Only that he had the ability to get it (via trade). THAT is certainly not something easily disputed.

OOC: Subtle this is what Im getting at:

He says he has no money

He says he trades for the resources he needs

However, what does he trade with?

OOC: Mercy no country can run without a money system you should know this?

Also I get them trading their goods for money from the nations that they are selling too but how does one island have all the resources an entire nation need to support itself?

OOC: Uh, countries can survive without a monetary system. A lot of business even in the mighty industrial nations went without the use of monetary exchange for a long long time.

OOC: Subtle this is what Im getting at:

He says he has no money

He says he trades for the resources he needs

However, what does he trade with?

OOC: Look, THIS is how it works. He has an abundance of some resources in his nation [nation A]. Another nation [Nation B] wants these resources, and he is happy to sell the resources for nation B's own currency. This currency is then used to buy OTHER resources from Nation B, or another, uninvolved Nation C.

He doesn't have his own currency, but he still uses the currency of other nations. How is that a difficult concept to understand?

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

OOC: Look, THIS is how it works. He has an abundance of some resources in his nation [nation A]. Another nation [Nation B] wants these resources, and he is happy to sell the resources for nation B's own currency. This currency is then used to buy OTHER resources from Nation B, or another, uninvolved Nation C.

He doesn't have his own currency, but he still uses the currency of other nations. How is that a difficult concept to understand?

OOC: So he had this one amazing resource that everyone wants. Because I don't care how much of it he has you can not build a nation that way otherwise we would be doing that today.

OOC: So he had this one amazing resource that everyone wants. Because I don't care how much of it he has you can not build a nation that way otherwise we would be doing that today.

OOC: I didn't say it was just one resource. I said some resources. As in plural. He probably has several. You're thinking WAY too inside the box. You've got to think OUTSIDE the box once in a while.

This is kind of like the old Opium Trade in China. The British traded the Opium for Chinese silver, and in turn used the silver to buy the tea. I know this is a slightly warped example, but it still accurately represents it. And it was an effective system.

OOC: I didn't say it was just one resource. I said some resources. As in plural. He probably has several. You're thinking WAY too inside the box. You've got to think OUTSIDE the box once in a while.

This is kind of like the old Opium Trade in China. The British traded the Opium for Chinese silver, and in turn used the silver to buy the tea. I know this is a slightly warped example, but it still accurately represents it. And it was an effective system.

OOC: If I remember correctly your main resources are your two IG resources and so maybe that system would work but I don't think that system could handle running a nation for the sheer reason that so much would have to be sold/traded you would run out eventually.

OOC: If I remember correctly your main resources are your two IG resources and so maybe that system would work but I don't think that system could handle running a nation for the sheer reason that so much would have to be sold/traded you would run out eventually.

OOC: It's generally accepted that if you have a resource ingame via trade, you can RP it as being yours in CNRP. It doesn't have to be your main resource.

OOC: It's generally accepted that if you have a resource ingame via trade, you can RP it as being yours in CNRP. It doesn't have to be your main resource.

OOC: I see and so its ok for him to trade it for what ever amount he needs and his resources never run out and so he doesn't need a money system?

OOC: world trade is built on exchanging resources and goods for money. Not so much of money for money.

Get over it. How do you think all your stuff that was Made in China got here? Money buying resources/goods from China.

OOC: The why am I paying taxes IRL?

OOC: I see thats kool then *clears throat*

IC: "The Estovakia Imperium has now decided to tarde our ambundent resources for those resources we need to build and maintain. Therefore we require no money system and therefore we hereby abolish our system and take up this new resource trade system."

OOC: There we go this system seems to work so I think il use it to.

OOC: Awesome, but that's not what this thread is about. All of this OOC conversation has completely derailed the topic from it's original point, us developing a new aircraft.

IC: Confucianism congratulates Estovakia on this new move, but does not understand why they made the announcement at the news conference they're having for their new aircraft.

OOC: Awesome, but that's not what this thread is about. All of this OOC conversation has completely derailed the topic from it's original point, us developing a new aircraft.

IC: Confucianism congratulates Estovakia on this new move, but does not understand why they made the announcement at the news conference they're having for their new aircraft.

OOC: Sorry...

IC: "Sorry about that spur of the moment thing. We apologise"