labor camp vs factory

Anatidae

Which would save more money on infra cost (both initial and billing)? The labor camp does reduce the billing cost more but it also reduces happiness which may affect tax revenue, so may have to buy a stadium eventually if you plan to get more labor camps. In the long term does the labor camps reduction in billing or the factories reduction in initial cost save more money in infrastructure?

i dont know how improvement swapping helps anymore ever since they increased the prices of the improvements

but for me i'm already at the point where the infra upkeep outdoes the happiness penalty by a huge one.

if you're at an itty bitty stage right now it's best to save labor camps for later...unless of course, you do the math yourself, and decide when to get them.

For me destroying the 5 LC would give an extra $20 of income or $6 per days per citizen.

I have 60k citizens so its $360,000 ten days and its 3.6mil and only cost 2.85mil to replace the 5 LC's

Still profitable for the large nations, just not as profitable as it used to be

simple rules:

- 1. get factories very EARLY - directly after the harbour

- 2. get laborcamps once you have jumped over the 2999infra level or if you know you will go on vacation but have enough cash to pay your bills. then just pay ~15days or whatever with the camps, and raze them for the collection.

- 3. the effect of improvementswapping is nothing that makes a real difference. its true, you can collect more tax without the camps but

a) you are 10times less likely getting an event (if you chose the right options, you can profit from more then 50% of the events, so overall events are benefitial) and

b) if you lose a very important trade (iron+lumber) just on the day you wanted to pay all your bills (day 10 of the swap for example) and must pay bills with ~25% higher infraupkeep then maybe you dont have enough cash to do so. You either collect first which would negate the whole switch or risk to bill lock yourself until you found a new trade and if this takes more then 2 days you need to collect anyway because you just cant pay first and then raze any longer (out of cash, bills too high).

c) if you are unaligned or member of a small alliance, a techraider might jump on you for "inactivity".

d) if you just collect, paybills, invest in infra -> then you have more infra the next day, and more taxpayers. Over 10days the cumulative effect (compounded interest) of your daily investments might be higher then the pretty low "free cash" that you have earned.

just do it as you like it, i personally have never done such laborcamp switches regulary and my nation performes pretty well.

Edited by (DAC)Syzygy

For me destroying the 5 LC would give an extra $20 of income or $6 per days per citizen.

I have 60k citizens so its $360,000 ten days and its 3.6mil and only cost 2.85mil to replace the 5 LC's

Still profitable for the large nations, just not as profitable as it used to be

This is bad math. Say what you are trying to say. Because here you have said nothing.

Once again I'm in after (DAC)Syzygy. Read his post and there should be no confusion about this issue whatsoever.

When you've gotten to the point of having all the factories, stadiums and banks your nation can want, then do the sums to figure how many days of back collections will pay for the destruction of your labor camps. Otherwise just keep the labor camps for paying your infra bills.

I swap, but only because I never spend my money. Once a month I buy 300-500 infra. Everything else either goes out in aid or sits in my stockpile...which is running low at the moment. When I have to count both my current cash supply and my uncollected taxes to break the amount required for my next Wonder, I'm not a happy camper.

This is bad math. Say what you are trying to say. Because here you have said nothing.

Once again I'm in after (DAC)Syzygy. Read his post and there should be no confusion about this issue whatsoever.

When you've gotten to the point of having all the factories, stadiums and banks your nation can want, then do the sums to figure how many days of back collections will pay for the destruction of your labor camps. Otherwise just keep the labor camps for paying your infra bills.

How is it bad maths? 5 labour camps being destroyed gives 5 happiness. 5 happiness is 10 dollars. 10 dollars after modifiers is 20 dollars. 30% of 20 is 6. 6 times 60,000 is 360,000.

360,000 over ten days is 3.6 million.

3.6 million extra from not having labout camps and 750k to replace labour camps after collection.

You have... 2.85 million

Its very accurate math.

However accurate Syzygy's post is, it does admit that there is more money to me collected when improvment swapping. It is pointing out the possible pitfalls of improvement swapping, a potential problem does not negate the fact it can be profitable.

As my post directly followed someone saying they don't know how it could be profitable with the price increase, it was an entirely valid post to make.

How is it bad maths? 5 labour camps being destroyed gives 5 happiness. 5 happiness is 10 dollars. 10 dollars after modifiers is 20 dollars. 30% of 20 is 6. 6 times 60,000 is 360,000.

360,000 over ten days is 3.6 million.

3.6 million extra from not having labout camps and 750k to replace labour camps after collection.

You have... 2.85 million

Its very accurate math.

However accurate Syzygy's post is, it does admit that there is more money to me collected when improvment swapping. It is pointing out the possible pitfalls of improvement swapping, a potential problem does not negate the fact it can be profitable.

As my post directly followed someone saying they don't know how it could be profitable with the price increase, it was an entirely valid post to make.

except you forget the part that your infra upkeep now doubled......your 2.85 mil is probably closer to 1.4 mil.....not really that big of a gain.....140K a day.

Edited by shingo