Suggestion Box - Do you feel it is effective?

enderland

How do you view the Suggestion Box forum?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know among many of the players who frequent the suggestion box, there is often frustration regarding the effectivity of the Suggestion Box as a whole.

Please keep this thread about the suggestion box, and NOT particular suggestions you feel should be implemented, and/or ways that the suggestion box can be improved as a whole and made more effective. I feel there is a lot of room for improvement and would prefer this thread to be constructive rather than destructive.

My personal thought is that it is not very effective, as suggestions never are removed or weighed upon by admin. This causes there to be a ton of threads that really have no merit or no chance of being implemented remaining open and cluttering the forum for no reason.

What other ideas to people have for improving the suggestion box as a whole?

Main problem I think is the lack of communication between the implementers and the people discussing the thread. But maybe it's too much to ask, if this is the best they can do now then that's it.

Or maybe it's super effective and we're oblivious 'cause we don't see how it's working from the other side.

Edited by thedestro

I don't know how to say this without sounding really critical, but I'm being honest. It seems like admin doesn't pay a lot of attention to it. I've seen numerous great suggestions with nearly unanimous support, many really simple ones, that are never implemented and never even seem to get any attention. I'd like to see Admin more involved with it, or if he can't do to RL constraints, give some on the mod team who can more power to help implement changes and talk with players about them.

Maybe a subforum to have good suggestions with lots of support in for admin's attention to avoid the clutter? A mod could go through suggestions and judge them to put in that subforum. You could also have a subforum for rejected suggestions.

Edited by Azaghul

As far as I can tell, ever since I started using the forums I have only seen one suggestion passed: Navy. There's tons of good ones. I can understand if Admin is too busy to make changes, but at least implement a few at the end of each month, that would be good.

From my perspective the suggestion box is effective. That's what got CN to where it is today. A lot of the suggestions that are widely approved by the community but aren't yet implemented are either already on my to-do list, are too difficult to implement, I feel more discussion is needed on them, or they present a direction that I just don't want to see the game go down. The suggestions that are on my to-do list will probably get implemented but they may not so that's why I don't publish the list. Besides, this is a suggestion box, not a "post your idea here and get it implemented into the game right now".

I don't know how to say this without sounding really critical, but I'm being honest. It seems like admin doesn't pay a lot of attention to it. I've seen numerous great suggestions with nearly unanimous support, many really simple ones, that are never implemented and never even seem to get any attention. I'd like to see Admin more involved with it, or if he can't do to RL constraints, give some on the mod team who can more power to help implement changes and talk with players about them.

Maybe a subforum to have good suggestions with lots of support in for admin's attention to avoid the clutter? A mod could go through suggestions and judge them to put in that subforum. You could also have a subforum for rejected suggestions.

I know Admin has already commented on this thread but i just wanted to add something in reply to the above post. There is already a system in place for mods to flag suggestions to admin, you just dont see it. And if you ever have a question about a particular suggestion and its progress you are invited to send me a PM and i can enlighten you. Just don't start spamming me about every single topic cos i'll spend all day responsing to those instead of reading the suggestion box!