Another IP question

Decomposition

I have read the stickies here: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=5474 but am still confused.

My wife and I both play the game - I from work while she uses our home computer. The computer died (permanently) a couple of days ago and will probably not be replaced for a couple of weeks. I have a laptop that I have occasionally used to log into my nation when traveling. My question is this: can she use the laptop from our home internet connection to log into her nation or will that get both of us deleted?

Sorry about my IP-related ignorance.

The laptop would be using the same internet connection as the now dead PC, so your IP would be the same. You would be at risk of losing your nations.

If it is only temporary until you get a new computer to access (from a network apart from your wife) then i suggest you request a nation sitting permit. That way your nations can legitimately share an IP temporarily until you can get it sorted. Do not share networks unless you get that nation sitting approved though. It will also mean you two can never interact again.

The laptop would be using the same internet connection as the now dead PC, so your IP would be the same. You would be at risk of losing your nations.

If it is only temporary until you get a new computer to access (from a network apart from your wife) then i suggest you request a nation sitting permit. That way your nations can legitimately share an IP temporarily until you can get it sorted. Do not share networks unless you get that nation sitting approved though. It will also mean you two can never interact again.

You're correct that «the laptop would be using the same internet connection as the now dead PC», but they wouldn't been using the same IP.

He said that he plays from work, while his wife plays from home:

I have read the stickies here: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=5474 but am still confused.

My wife and I both play the game - I from work while she uses our home computer. The computer died (permanently) a couple of days ago and will probably not be replaced for a couple of weeks. I have a laptop that I have occasionally used to log into my nation when traveling. My question is this: can she use the laptop from our home internet connection to log into her nation or will that get both of us deleted?

Sorry about my IP-related ignorance.

As long as she doesn't log in from the same locations (IPs) he logged from when traveling, and she doesn't log in from his workplace, and he doesn't log in from their home (and regardless of her using the same laptop he uses/d, or some other computer, or anything), they will be fine.

What counts is the location we log in from, not the computer we use to do it.

I hope this helps.

You're correct that «the laptop would be using the same internet connection as the now dead PC», but they wouldn't been using the same IP.

He said that he plays from work, while his wife plays from home:

As long as she doesn't log in from the same locations (IPs) he logged from when traveling, and she doesn't log in from his workplace, and he doesn't log in from their home (and regardless of her using the same laptop he uses/d, or some other computer, or anything), they will be fine.

What counts is the location we log in from, not the computer we use to do it.

I hope this helps.

Yes - this helps. Thanks to all for your replies. Much appreciated.