Calculating battle odds...

LowKrawl

Does anyone know the math behind battle odds? I cant find it in the CyberNations Information Index. Is this information readily available somewhere? If so, I apologize for wasting anyone's time. I'm not asking for a BattleCalc, just the math.

I know of only two people that would have it, Admin and (DAC)Syzygy (I don't think either of them will give it away). (DAC)Syzygy has it, due to this topic.

I know someone more, but that's classified information. :jihad:

Join grämlins, it's probably mandatory to know it there. :awesome:

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I figured the math would be a secret. Would anyone here mind giving me their opinion as to the ideal deployment if your opponent had 10 defending soldiers and 1 tank? I know the numbers are ludicrous, but 10 is an easy number to work with and 1 would be the maximum amount of tanks you could have for that number of soldiers.

Thanks guys!

Alot of people have it. and most that do have shared it out via battle calcs. imo, Admin should just publish the formulas that people have back engineered or he should continually make changes to them to keep people on thier toes.

So what you are saying is that once one person does all the hard work of back engineering a formulae (which is quite significant for formulae with as many variables as the battle formula) then everyone else in the game should benefit without needing to do the work? Even if the person who did the work did so with the intention of keeping the formula a secret?

That really doesn't wash...it would also mean that every single "hidden" formula in the game needs to be published by admin as you can almost guarantee that someone somewhere has reverse engineered the formulae.

As to changing the formulae just to "keep people on their toes", what reason, other than admin having an evil sense of humour, would warrant changing the formulae on a periodic basis? Hypothetically if admin were to change the formulae every so often "just to keep people on their toes" it would detract from the time he has available to improve other aspects of the game.

Yeah I figured the math would be a secret. Would anyone here mind giving me their opinion as to the ideal deployment if your opponent had 10 defending soldiers and 1 tank? I know the numbers are ludicrous, but 10 is an easy number to work with and 1 would be the maximum amount of tanks you could have for that number of soldiers.

Thanks guys!

Question needs more data,

I need from the attacker

Technology level:

Defcon level:

Government:

Resources

Deployed Soldiers:

Deployed tanks:

Number of Barracks:

NVM

edit, just give me nation link of the nation engaging and tell me how much soldiers and tanks you have deployed, and how much he has in defence and I will calc it for you.

Edited by Timmehhh

Does anyone know the math behind battle odds? I cant find it in the CyberNations Information Index. Is this information readily available somewhere? If so, I apologize for wasting anyone's time. I'm not asking for a BattleCalc, just the math.

just join grämlins :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

A good rule of thumb for raiding nations with few troops is to deploy around 8 times what they have defending. That will give you around 85% on the first attack and (assuming you win) probably around 90% on the second. The exact odds depend on a load of stuff – and for anything beyond your first attack of the deployment, luck too.