General RPing Guidelines

Sargun II

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everyone so uptight about numbers? Is numbers now everything?

I mean, we should still link to the game of course; but we should have some flexability; as long as that person stays resonable. EG: I use weapons that do not exist in real life, but are like/treated as their counterparts. My tank is really just a glorified version of the Siege Tank in Warcraft 3.

People should not be restrained by "100x, or 250x"; as long as they stay resonable. Another example: lets say my IG population is 10,000 civilians. I could go with 1,000,000; 2,500,000; or [with the 1000x] 10,000,000. But, lets say I wanted 2/3 of my population to live in slums; this seems negative, but is an easy excuse to have more people, conscription, etc. So then instead of 1,000,000 [with 100x], I could have 3,000,000 people.

Just making things interesting. :awesome:

Edited by JerreyRough

Why is everyone so uptight about numbers? Is numbers now everything?

I mean, we should still link to the game of course; but we should have some flexability; as long as that person stays resonable. EG: I use weapons that do not exist in real life, but are like/treated as their counterparts. My tank is really just a glorified version of the Siege Tank in Warcraft 3.

People should not be restrained by "100x, or 250x"; as long as they stay resonable. Another example: lets say my IG population is 10,000 civilians. I could go with 1,000,000; 2,500,000; or [with the 1000x] 10,000,000. But, lets say I wanted 2/3 of my population to live in slums; this seems negative, but is an easy excuse to have more people, conscription, etc. So then instead of 1,000,000 [with 100x], I could have 3,000,000 people.

Just making things interesting. :awesome:

Ah, so I could have a population of nearly 80 million? :awesome:

After thinking over the population multiplier, I noticed that we rarely have any economic indicators in our RPs. Here is my suggestion on how to connected the Population Multiplier with GDP.

Population Multiplier: x200n (if mulitpler is below 150, n = 0.75)

Average GDP: (Avg. Gross Income Per Individual Per Day) x 250/n

To explain, I'll use my nation and Imperial Wellington as an example. If we suppose that I use x1000 as my multiplier and LVN uses x100, then the result will be:

Kyokujitsu Teikoku

Population: 12,026,000

Average GDP: $5654.50

Imperial Wellington

Population: 8,874,500

Average GDP: Estimated over $60,000

Comments?

WHy the hell are people being so stupid about Civilians. Memo: They do not matter in wars. I can understand limiting Soldiers to a multiplier but Civilians do not matter just be reasonable and look at the land you control.

Edited by Centurius

WHy the hell are people being so stupid about Civilians. Memo: They do not matter in wars. I can understand limiting Soldiers to a multiplier but Civilians do not matter just be reasonable and look at the land you control.

Ah, so I could RP a population of approximately 70 million, as in RL Turkey? (Either that, or approximately 80 million if I use the 1000x multiplier?) Or should I stick to the 100x multiplier? :unsure:

Edited by JEDCJT

Ah, so I could RP a population of approximately 70 million, as in RL Turkey? (Either that, or approximately 80 million if I use the 1000x multiplier?) Or should I stick to the 100x multiplier? :unsure:

I personally really do not care. You can rp over 100 million if it was up to me. Civilians are just nice numbers who really do not matter in RP.

I personally really do not care. You can rp over 100 million if it was up to me. Civilians are just nice numbers who really do not matter in RP.

Hm, I might RP a population of 80 million, then. ^_^

8 million, in my opinion, is simply too small. Why, the city of Istanbul in RL has more civilians than that, heh. :P

Edited by JEDCJT

The thing is, civilians an also participate in wars. Guerilla tactics, suvtle sabotages, quiet resistance. And in the case of World War 2, the reason the US didn't even try to send its troops into Japan in a full-out invasion? The estimated casualties would have been in the millions, becase the civilian population would have ac tively opposed them.

So are we really going to say population doesn't matter?

The thing is, civilians an also participate in wars. Guerilla tactics, suvtle sabotages, quiet resistance. And in the case of World War 2, the reason the US didn't even try to send its troops into Japan in a full-out invasion? The estimated casualties would have been in the millions, becase the civilian population would have ac tively opposed them.

So are we really going to say population doesn't matter?

In RP it doesn't as wars are based here on ingame stats if you rp a Civilian population of a billion and another of a million but way higher stats he/she will win.

In RP it doesn't as wars are based here on ingame stats if you rp a Civilian population of a billion and another of a million but way higher stats he/she will win.

I notice how you didn't mention anything about how civilians often participate in wars...

Another good example of that is the movie "Red Dawn," a theoretical take on a World War 3 situation before the collapse of the Soviet Union, where the Soviets invade America.

The main characters are a guerilla band composed of high-schoolers.

Yes, perfectly plausible for Soviets to sneak into Colorado.

From there, I leave the rest of the movie up to you.

They were paratroopers, not basic infantry, FYI.

I think he's trying to make the point that citizens can and does participate in wars...

Exactly. I'm not really after trying to convince anyone of the plausibility of any fictional example. it merely shows that citizens often can and will participate in wars, hence the need for a reasonable multiplier for population counts.