General RPing Guidelines

Sargun II

Yes, but I used to be in the top 5%, and I'm a lot closer now than when I did fall below the mark originally. In RL, those who have the ability to build and maintain nuclear weaponry don't magically lose it if other nations become stronger than them. Am I right?

I would agree to that. Prehaps in the future, a screenshot could be saved as "proof" of their "nuclear testing detonation" allowing them to have Nukes in RP and not losing them due to IG Wars or changes. I can imagine posts now of "Nuclear Test Successful" and a screenshot being posted. LOL

I think that would bring a sense of realness to CNRP. I think we also need a stick thread of "Nuclear Power" Nations to where everyone will agree to who they are.

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but I used to be in the top 5%, and I'm a lot closer now than when I did fall below the mark originally. In RL, those who have the ability to build and maintain nuclear weaponry don't magically lose it if other nations become stronger than them. Am I right?

You've got a point there.

With the many different opinions in regards to nuclear weapons, should we create a separate thread to better discuss nuclear guidelines (mainly concerning possession of nukes by nations who are not nuclear in-game), or just keep on discussing here?

I do know that. :P

Well,

Temps: getting a temporary trade for a day or two just to use the benefits of those resources, and then dropping it when you get a permanent one

Too bad I didn't have that option...as I was already in the circle.

You've got a point there.

With the many different opinions in regards to nuclear weapons, should we create a separate thread to better discuss nuclear guidelines (mainly concerning possession of nukes by nations who are not nuclear in-game), or just keep on discussing here?

No, I do not believe we should make a separate thread. Sargun makes a good point...see below.

This thread is here for that reason.

Exactly. Discussions like these are the reason this thread was created.

I personally believe that if you are nuclear-capable in-game but cannot purchase them (lack of money, want the environment bonus, whatever) or have used them all up that you should be still allowed to have them.

However, if you cannot produce them and still have them, you can have as many as you have in-game, and cannot make anymore.

I personally believe that if you are nuclear-capable in-game but cannot purchase them (lack of money, want the environment bonus, whatever) or have used them all up that you should be still allowed to have them.

However, if you cannot produce them and still have them, you can have as many as you have in-game, and cannot make anymore.

Interesting proposal. It makes sense...What does everyone else think?

I agree with this. Also, any nukes given before this rule is still allowed.

Can everyone agree on this guideline?

I can.

Of course, this means no

s for me, but it's not like I was going to use them anyway...would have made a nice demonstration of what happens to pirates, though. <_< Edited by Vedran

While I generally agree that nuclear capable yet nuclear unarmed should be able to RP nukes, I simply do not think they should be up to par with those who own them in-game. After all, nuke owners take quite a hit on their income and environment to be able to sustain their arsenal. I can't think of something to make up for that, though.

While I generally agree that nuclear capable yet nuclear unarmed should be able to RP nukes, I simply do not think they should be up to par with those who own them in-game. After all, nuke owners take quite a hit on their income and environment to be able to sustain their arsenal. I can't think of something to make up for that, though.

How about those who are unarmed by capable have nukes that aren't as powerful in RP? I'm not saying a drastic reduction, but enough to make a sizeable difference.

What about aircraft? For aircraft, I've been RPing that the number of an aircraft I have in game is equal to how many squadrons of that aircraft I have in RP. Each squadron is around 7-10 aircraft, so it's basically a 10x aircraft too. I also RP the fact that I have two aircraft carriers that are only used for aid, and have no real military use for them.

Sure, except I will still RP the small number of nukes that my allies GAVE ME in the RP. It's like, 5 hiroshima bombs, and 2 halfinium from Martens. I plan to use them up quickly anyway.

Uh oh, I don't like the sound of that...

Of course, anything before the guideline would be out of the question. For instance, Uberstein's nukes from many months ago would not be affected.

Can everyone agree on this guideline?

Yes.

Of course, this means no
s for me, but it's not like I was going to use them anyway...would have made a nice demonstration of what happens to pirates, though. <_<

Wow... :blink:

What about aircraft? For aircraft, I've been RPing that the number of an aircraft I have in game is equal to how many squadrons of that aircraft I have in RP. Each squadron is around 7-10 aircraft, so it's basically a 10x aircraft too. I also RP the fact that I have two aircraft carriers that are only used for aid, and have no real military use for them.

That's about what I do, really. Most completely modernized nations have more than just 50 or 60 aircraft.