Navy Guide

baha24

I'll be happy to write a high-level guide:

BUYING A NAVY

1. Get a huge amount of money.

2. Buy a navy.

3. Calculate how many days of saving it'll take to get that warchest built back up.

4. Pray you don't get attacked until then.

USING A NAVY

1. Declare war on an opponent.

2. From the "War and Battles" screen, select the "Naval Attack" option.

3. If he has no ships, SCORE! Do a blockade and a ground support mission.

4. If he as ships, attack them until he doesn't have any left, then go to step #3.

WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU ONLY BUY FIVE AIRCRAFT CARRIERS

1. You will lose them to a better-armed opponent.

2. If you rebuild them every day of war, that's $10 million per day. Hope you got THAT in your warchest.

WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU HAVE TO DECOM YOUR NAVY IN PEACE TERMS

1. Cry.

2. Sob.

3. Weep.

4. Bawl.

now is a pretty critical time to have a guide though. 3 days into it people are running out of obvious choices to buy, and there going to have to make some interesting decisions tonight. I'm curious to see what direction people pick. Low bills, power, or just straight up usefulness.

now is a pretty critical time to have a guide though. 3 days into it people are running out of obvious choices to buy, and there going to have to make some interesting decisions tonight. I'm curious to see what direction people pick. Low bills, power, or just straight up usefulness.

If you're like me, you just buy them all, starting with the most expensive ships and working your way down. Easy.

If you're like me, you just buy them all, starting with the most expensive ships and working your way down. Easy.

yeah that's what I'm going for as well, except for battleships. I'm saving those for my "quick buy" before a potential war. However, there are lots of people out there that have the stats to get big ships, yet aren't quite as financially prepared or strong enough to get everything, so they are the ones who have decisions to make.

People are still testing out the different Navy features and abilities and trying combinations out. I myself plan to see how effective the submarine nuke bonus is alter today rollin.gif

Give it time and alliances will probably make their own guides for it.

Edited by mythicknight

So would it be best to do air attacks then naval attacks, or the other way around? I guess it depends on who has more aircraft carriers

You can only launch carrier aircraft by putting your navy in support mode and you can only do that that if they have no break blockade ships.

If they have any you HAVE to use naval attack first to destroy them then hopefully they'll all be gone so you can send all your aircraft.

You can only launch carrier aircraft by putting your navy in support mode and you can only do that that if they have no break blockade ships.

If they have any you HAVE to use naval attack first to destroy them then hopefully they'll all be gone so you can send all your aircraft.

Not true. I used carrier aircraft in an attack without my carriers being in support mode or blockade mode. Then again, my target had no navy of his own.

"Aircraft Carriers that are in Battle Support mode allow for additional deployment of aircraft. A navy must be in battle support mode against a defending nation in order to activate the battle support vessel abilities. (see vessel abilities chart below) A defending nation must have zero Break-Blockade capable ships in order for an attacker to conduct Battle Support against it. Conducting Battle Support consumes one navy action slot. "

Then this is wrong.

I just hit a nation with less than 1000 land. Couldn't use my navy against it and my airstrike was limited to 50 planes. Maybe I hit a bug with my first experience that has since been fixed. Or maybe the bug isn't fixed if your nation has over 1000 land.

I can now see nations getting to 999.99 land to avoid getting hit by naval attacks. Will selling land in war become another aspect of turtling?

Jeez, we need something to make a defensive game more possible...

I just hit a nation with less than 1000 land. Couldn't use my navy against it and my airstrike was limited to 50 planes. Maybe I hit a bug with my first experience that has since been fixed. Or maybe the bug isn't fixed if your nation has over 1000 land.

I can now see nations getting to 999.99 land to avoid getting hit by naval attacks. Will selling land in war become another aspect of turtling?

Jeez, we need something to make a defensive game more possible...

playing defense without turtling is totally possible, you just have to have good timing and a decent warchest ;)