Wonder Plan- What do you think?

Stylesjl

I've decided that I am going to make a long term plan for wonder purchasing. At this moment I want a good mix of military and economic wonders. But at this moment I want the most important military wonders, to give my nation the edge in war. So I have gone through the list of wonders (ones I already have and ones that are not available yet omitted) and color coded them to see what kind of priority I have assigned to them.

* Agriculture Development Program - $30,000,000 - Increases land size by 15%, Increases citizen income +$2.00, Increases the citizen-bonus for land from 0.2 to 0.5. Requires 3,000 land purchased, 500 technology.

* Anti-Air Defense Network - $50,000,000 - Reduces odds of incoming aircraft attacks against your nation -25%. Reduces aircraft attack damages against your nation -10%.

* Disaster Relief Agency - $40,000,000 - The disaster relief agency helps restore your nation and its people after emergency situations. Increases population +3% and opens one extra foreign aid slot.

* Fallout Shelter System - $40,000,000 - Allows 35% of your defending soldiers to survive a nuclear strike (Does not prevent nuclear Anarchy but does prevent troops from being totally depleted), Reduces tank and cruise missile losses from a nuclear strike by -25%, Reduces nuclear anarchy effects by 1 day. Requires 6,000 infrastructure, 2,000 technology.

* Federal Aid Commission - $25,000,000 - Raises the cap on foreign money aid +50% provided that the foreign aid recipient also has a Federal Aid Commission wonder.

* Foreign Air Force Base - $35,000,000 - Raises the aircraft limit +20 for your nation and increases the number of aircraft that can be sent in each attack mission +10.

* Hidden Nuclear Missile Silo - $30,000,000 - Allows your nation to develop +5 nuclear missiles that cannot be destroyed in spy attacks.

* Mining Industry Consortium - $25,000,000 - Increases population income by $2.00 for the resources Coal, Lead, Oil, Uranium that your nation has access to. Requires 5,000 infrastructure, 3,000 land purchased, 1,000 technology.

* Movie Industry - $26,000,000 - The movie industry provides a great source of entertainment to your people. Increases population happiness +3.

* National Research Lab - $35,000,000 - The national research lab is a central location for scientists seeking cures for common diseases among your population. Increases population +5% and decreases technology costs -3%.

* Pentagon - $30,000,000 - The Pentagon serves as your nations headquarters for military operations. Increases attacking and defending ground battle strength +20%.

* Space Program - $30,000,000 - The space program sends your astronauts to the moon and beyond. Increases happiness +3, lowers technology cost -3% and lowers aircraft cost -5%.

* Weapons Research Complex - $150,000,000 - Increases the technology bonus to damage from 0.01% to 0.02% per technology level, Increases the number of nukes that can be purchased per day to 2, hurts environment by +1, Increases the purchase costs of all military by 0.01% per technology level. Requires 8,500 infrastructure, 2,000 technology, National Research Lab, Pentagon Wonder.

Green = Good

Orange = Okay

Red= Low priority/Not very good

Pink= Useless/Not Worth the money/Possibly Detrimental

With this in mind I have decided that I should go with

Disaster Relief Agency

National Research Lab

Pentagon*

Weapons Development Complex

*Normally I would consider this to be nearly completely useless, but I need it for a WDC so it takes a greater priority

Anyway I think these first four are very important, as they all lead to me getting a greater return from my massive tech acquisition. What I am more concerned about is what I should buy after this. I'm thinking that maybe I should focus on economics then more military. So I am thinking that after the WDC I should get

Agricultural Development Program*

Foreign Air Force Base

Anti-Air Defense Network

Hidden Nuclear Missile Silo

*Presuming I buy a minimum of land for this in the meantime

Everything after the ADP is a military wonder, which I have assigned conventional priority before nuclear priority (because nukes seem to be a big no-no in today's political climate), and I think they are more important then the other economic wonders (Space Program and Movie Industry). However by this time I may have some of the high infrastructure wonders available to me (The Nuclear Plant, for example) in which case the benefits are too great to simply ignore, and I will grab that first

So I suppose maybe I should also talk about the circumstances of my nation too. At this moment the political climate of my nation is rather stable and I have not seen a real war in a very long time, although I am greatly paranoid of this unraveling so I keep a big stick hidden just in case. I am focusing very heavily on getting as much technology as possible, hence the 'Rush' to get as many tech enhancing wonders as I can. And I do not want to constrict my economic growth too much, infrastructure is still vital to my nation's long term viability.

So do you think my wonder plan is a good one? What would you suggest is good for my nation? I am open to criticism of this plan. Tell me about your plans as well, it would be good to see how other people prioritize their wonders

Edited by Stylesjl

You really need to consider also, that in 3 months when you're ready to buy some of these wonders you'll have enough infra/tech for others as well. With that aside, DRA and the NRL are two good ones to start with but with the way the updates have affected things I'd alternate econ. wonder/military wonder every month for a healthy balance.

Personally my order for your nation would be:

DRA

FAFB

NRL

PENTAGON

[econ. wonder]

WRC

but in 6 months you'll be bigger and other wonders will be come available to you.

You really need to consider also, that in 3 months when you're ready to buy some of these wonders you'll have enough infra/tech for others as well. With that aside, DRA and the NRL are two good ones to start with but with the way the updates have affected things I'd alternate econ. wonder/military wonder every month for a healthy balance.

Personally my order for your nation would be:

DRA

FAFB

NRL

PENTAGON

[econ. wonder]

WRC

but in 6 months you'll be bigger and other wonders will be come available to you.

Wouldn't it be a better bet to get the WRC before the FAFB? The WRC increases the amount of damage per attack, while the FAFB gives extra power for bombing runs and bombing protection, the WRC affects all the aspects of my nation's military while the FAFB only affects the aircraft. After all I would prioritize the FAFB over the Pentagon any day, if only the Pentagon wasn't necessary for the WRC

I don't think you're getting to any wars soon. So just follow my wonders list ;)

Maybe, maybe not. But I think it is still good to be prepared

Edited by Stylesjl

Wouldn't it be a better bet to get the WRC before the FAFB? The WRC increases the amount of damage per attack, while the FAFB gives extra power for bombing runs and bombing protection, the WRC affects all the aspects of my nation's military while the FAFB only affects the aircraft. After all I would prioritize the FAFB over the Pentagon any day, if only the Pentagon wasn't necessary for the WRC

Maybe, maybe not. But I think it is still good to be prepared

considering you would need the Pentagon and the NRL, I would put FAFB ahead

Edited by TheyCallMeJeezy

Which would you go for first for defensive purposes.

FAFB (+20 aircraft) or Pentagon (+20% battle strength on offense/defense ground)?

FAFB: No matter how strong the other nation is, 70-80 planes on defense will crush incoming bomber runs, even against another FAFB holder.

Pentagon: The effect can be entirely overrun by a nation twice your size, one with a Pentagon, or one with a high tech advantage.

The actual usefulness of the Pentagon depends on who you are fighting. The FAFB provides consistent protection against everything. I was recently in a war with someone who had one. Triple teaming, maybe half our bombing runs got through if we were lucky. One-on-one, he was next to impossible to break.

FAFB: No matter how strong the other nation is, 70-80 planes on defense will crush incoming bomber runs, even against another FAFB holder.

Pentagon: The effect can be entirely overrun by a nation twice your size, one with a Pentagon, or one with a high tech advantage.

The actual usefulness of the Pentagon depends on who you are fighting. The FAFB provides consistent protection against everything. I was recently in a war with someone who had one. Triple teaming, maybe half our bombing runs got through if we were lucky. One-on-one, he was next to impossible to break.

Quoted for truth, also o/ Delta.

The Pentagon's bonus can easily be worn down by a few ground attacks used to clear out the troops for the other few to get through. Triple hitting a target's air force, when they have AADN and FAFB, let us on a quad to get maybe 4-5 attacks get through... Out of 12 possible attacks. At 25 infra damage a successful attack, that's say 175 infra saved every 2 days. Not to mention to basically HAVE to quad in a group someone who has those two wonders, and can keep their planes up, if you want to hurt them that way.