Confuzzled

BlackKnight

K, where to start...

Hi, my name is BlackKnight, I live in the US- wait, not there...

K, here is my problem:

After the grand update our beloved Admin implemented, i started finding it EXTREMELY difficult to increase my economy...

About 5 days ago, I went into a scuffle with some GATO member

During the 2nd day of Combat, I deployed wee- bit more than I should have, throwing me into Anarchy

My government before then was Capitalist, and I was making a hard $40 per person. After being thrown into Anarchy by my own arrogance, my income fell to a staggering $15 per person, which is understandable and all

Anyways, today, I was capable of getting out of Anarchy, which I did at 1 pm (19 hours ago as of this post)

And to my surprise, my Invd. tax went from $15 to $25. For the curious, I lost about 40 Infra, and around 10 Tech in my scuffles with the GATO- but that still does NOT make ANY sense as to explain why I fell $15 in Tax per person

My env. before my Anarchy was at I believe 3 and a half stars, or 4, like it currently is right now. Would someone- anyone, please explain why I have lost so much in Tax?

Some say I must give it time for the Income Update- until the next Update at 12:00, but to test their theory, I purchased about 20 Tech, 20 land, and 40 Infra, to make up for what I lost in combat- and partly hoping to get my lovely income back

But as I done so, I kept an eye on my Economy; whenever I purchased Infra, my invd. tax did not increase by not even a dime. However, when I purchased 10 Tech, I saw my Income increase .13 cents per person (placing it at $25.13 right now)

So, that means Income seems to update by the minute... yet, I still fail to see why I lost $15 in Income per person. From $40, to $25 is actually worth mourning over

And before anyone makes any assumptions, I am currently at 4/5 for Environment

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thank you,

BlackKnight

Wow... I feel relieved now :D Thank you

But another question stemming off of that:

After the Update our Admin implemented a week or so ago, I started finding it quite difficult to increase my economy (keep in mind, no war then)

I would purchase tens of Infra, but my income did not increase. I purchased tech, and it would increase by 13 cents per purchase of 10

From what I was told, my nation isn't very balanced, in terms of tech:Infra

6209 Strength

209 Tech

1208 Infra

Shed an ounce of sympathy on this poor noob and tell me how to increase my economy faster and more efficiently other than purchasing 10 tech and increasing my economy 13 cents ( :| )

Thank you in advanced

Your nations looks like it should be doing pretty well as of now. But one thing that will help is to buy factories as your next improvements. I see you have 2 but make sure you bring that up to 5. Also you dont really need 600 tanks in peace. That will help a little

Your nations looks like it should be doing pretty well as of now. But one thing that will help is to buy factories as your next improvements. I see you have 2 but make sure you bring that up to 5. Also you dont really need 600 tanks in peace. That will help a little

Thank you sir :)

So, pretty much the only way to increase my cash flow is to pretty much put millions into Infra- only to get population out of it, so I can purchase an Improvement leaving 8% of my Infra bills in my pocket...

Damn, not the best way to speed up my growth

*editted*

K, I just did the math:

I currently pay:

$131,465.33 Infrra

..$20,125.26 Tanks

If I purchased my next improvement being a Factory, that would deduct 8% of my Infra bill and 10% of my Tanks

Factory - $150,000.00 - Decreases cost of missiles -5%, decreases tank cost -10%, reduces initial infrastructure purchase cost -8%.

(Cost of the missiles aren't too much of a big deal. $28.5K per 2, so we'll push that aside)

8% of my infra bill is : $10517.22

10% of my Tank Bill : ..$2012.52

Add them up and that would place an extra $12,529.74 in my pocket

Now, if I purchased my next improvement being a Staduium, thats +3 happiness- $6 extra

28% of $6 is = 1.68

1.68 + 39.75 (current tax per person) = $41.43 Tax per person

41.43 * 8,857 (Citizens) = $366,934.8816 Per Collection

39.75 (Current income) * 8,857 =$352,065.75 Per Collection

Extra $ in my pocket: $14,869.1316

An extra 2K in my pocket more than the factory imprv.

... lol... All that damn math, and only a difference of $2,000? Bah!

But yeah, I think I'm going to purchase a stadium next. Sure, it gives me more in my pocket, but it also gives me a +3 happiness boost, meaning if I switch to Defcon 1, or say I get thrown into Anarchy by own stupidity (god forbid :P), I'll make a bit more than I currently would if I go into Def. 1

Edited by BlackKnight

At your size, I would decom some of that military to lighten up bills on you. Also, I use to be IRON, and from what I recall, they've got a fantastic tech farming program that I would get involved in if I was you. That'll speed up growth

That is definitely going to be one of the last things I'll do to increase my earn... :awesome: :awesome:

I need all the soldiers I can get to shove up GATOs rear

So, yep, I am definitely not going to do that :P

But thank you anyway :P

And as for the Tech farming: Yeah, that sounds like a good idea :)

Edited by BlackKnight

Shed an ounce of sympathy on this poor noob and tell me how to increase my economy faster and more efficiently other than purchasing 10 tech and increasing my economy 13 cents ( :unsure::| )

Thank you in advanced

The mistake you are making is assuming that income per person is the thing you need to focus on. Once you get to a certain point, it stops growing in leaps and bounds and only goes up when you buy Improvements and then Wonders. You need to pour your money into infrastructure to get population. Also, if you start buying Factories now, by the time you get to 5, you'll be very glad you did. Upkeep costs grow on you really quickly.

The mistake you are making is assuming that income per person is the thing you need to focus on. Once you get to a certain point, it stops growing in leaps and bounds and only goes up when you buy Improvements and then Wonders. You need to pour your money into infrastructure to get population. Also, if you start buying Factories now, by the time you get to 5, you'll be very glad you did. Upkeep costs grow on you really quickly.

Thats what I needed :)

Thank you sir for the Assistance :)

K, I did as you said

Purchased 2 Factories, thanks to the generous Aid offers by our fine Soldiers at Iron

What do you suggest my next Improvement to be? Also factory? And if so, what should I purchase as an improvement after that?

You guys are awesome lol. Thank you :)

Indeed stadiums and banks. Your alliance really should be the ones helping you with this. Post questions on their forums. Trust me they will love it

Growing tired of me Already, Caesar? :(

:P

Thanks guys; thats pretty much all I needed to know... :P (for now) :D

• 2 months later...
If I purchased my next improvement being a Factory, that would deduct 8% of my Infra bill and 10% of my Tanks

Factory - $150,000.00 - Decreases cost of missiles -5%, decreases tank cost -10%, reduces initial infrastructure purchase cost -8%.

(Cost of the missiles aren't too much of a big deal. $28.5K per 2, so we'll push that aside)

8% of my infra bill is : $10517.22

10% of my Tank Bill : ..$2012.52

actually you're wrong assuming the factories take 8% off infra bills, where it says "initial purchase cost" that means up front when you buy the improv

if you want something for taxes buy a labour camp

Labor Camp - $150,000.00 - Reduces infrastructure upkeep costs -10%, reduces population happiness -1.

if your taxes are over 300k at your infra level, you're in desperate need of these, don't think of the -1 happiness to be much, on your taxes you would only be short $0.56 per person, but in bills you'd pay 30k less, it pays for itself in 5 days