Anarchy w/o Defeat Alert

bigwoody

I came to understand recently that anarchies were only possibly via sending a defeat alert, but in a round of attacks today myself and a teammate launched 4 ground attacks, no defeat alerts, but the nation went into anarchy (I believe after attack #3).

So...anarchy possible w/o defeat alert? Or am I missing something?

I came to understand recently that anarchies were only possibly via sending a defeat alert, but in a round of attacks today myself and a teammate launched 4 ground attacks, no defeat alerts, but the nation went into anarchy (I believe after attack #3).

So...anarchy possible w/o defeat alert? Or am I missing something?

Was the target active while you were attacking? It is possible that he could have tried to deployed while you were hitting him and self anarchied.

Was the target active while you were attacking? It is possible that he could have tried to deployed while you were hitting him and self anarchied.

He showed all defending, and never fought back or even attempted to.

I have anarchied people, and not always sent them a defeat alert.

So i would say it is possibly and highly likely, that you can anarchy someone without defeat alert.

Edit: Clariffication

This was my original belief...but then I heard it *required* a defeat alert.

I think it takes a successful attack or defeat alert when they already have below 20% troops to put them in anarchy. So if you knock someone down below 20%, then in the next battle lose, they would not end up in anarchy. But if you win, or have more than 95% battle odds, they end up in anarchy.

But can you send a defeat alert when a nation is at 19% troops? I thought defeat alerts came when they have a less then 10% odds in battle?

In my war right now I anarchy'd my guy without sending him a defeat alert. I'm not sure how many troops he had to start with but after the attacks he was at 500(2000) troops. He however did not anarchy me last night when pushing me down below 20%.