resource modifiers

ThePatriarch

I was under the impression that the effects of resources multiplied against each other, but when looking at the claimed benefits of many trade circles, the authors add the effects together. So do resource modifiers multiply or add against each other? Would fish, wheat, and cattle yield a 1.22472 or 1.21 population modifier?

I think everything multiplies, so 1.05 x 1.08 x 1.08 = 1.22472

(DAC)Syzygy will correct me on this if I am wrong. He knows everything there is to know about Planet Bob.

well not everything, but a lot.

basically you can say: modifiers from DIFFERENT ITEMS multiply, modifiers from the SAME ITEMS are added.

Example:

Wheat brings +8%pop, Fish brings +8%pop, 1 Clinic brings +2%pop. The result is: 1.08*1.08*1.02 = 1.189728

If you have the same things multiple times (for example 5 clinics), those do NOT MULTIPLY, they are ADDED first.

Wheat brings +8%pop, Fish brings +8%pop, 5 Clinic brings +(5x2%)pop. The result is: 1.08*1.08*(1+5*0.02) = 1.08*1.08*1.10 = 1.28304

well not everything, but a lot.

basically you can say: modifiers from DIFFERENT ITEMS multiply, modifiers from the SAME ITEMS are added.

Example:

Wheat brings +8%pop, Fish brings +8%pop, 1 Clinic brings +2%pop. The result is: 1.08*1.08*1.02 = 1.189728

If you have the same things multiple times (for example 5 clinics), those do NOT MULTIPLY, they are ADDED first.

Wheat brings +8%pop, Fish brings +8%pop, 5 Clinic brings +(5x2%)pop. The result is: 1.08*1.08*(1+5*0.02) = 1.08*1.08*1.10 = 1.28304

LIEZ AND SLANDER! <_<

Seriously though, listen to da man :awesome:

As a semi-related question, rather then post a seperate topic on it, I will ask it here: Does resource bonus $$ get applied to the gross income the same as happiness does? For example, wine is +3 happiness = $6 x your multipliers for banks, etc. Silver is +2 happiness and +$2. Do they in fact produce the same amount of income boost, or is there something to the way bonus $$ get added that makes them different? Someone in my AA said that $$ bonuses get added directly to the gross, so once you get banks, etc., those type resources are not as valuable as happiness producing ones, but I would like to know for sure.

Wine and Silver are exactly the same in the benefit applied to your nation. The formula starts with your base citizen income; bonuses are then added to that for happiness (@$2 per point) and for Income. That grand total is then multiplied by the modifiers giving you the citizen income you see ingame and from which your tax income is based.

((Base Citizen Income)+((Happiness*$2))+(Income bonuses))*(Modifiers) = (Modified Citizen Income)

Wine and Silver are exactly the same in the benefit applied to your nation. The formula starts with your base citizen income; bonuses are then added to that for happiness (@$2 per point) and for Income. That grand total is then multiplied by the modifiers giving you the citizen income you see ingame and from which your tax income is based.

((Base Citizen Income)+((Happiness*$2))+(Income bonuses))*(Modifiers) = (Modified Citizen Income)

QFT, i tested this with my nation when i lost a trade once and yes they both have the exact same effect.

-Veritas

• 2 weeks later...

How do you figure out what the "Base Citizen Income" is?

I've been able to account for all the money from my tradeset, improvements, and wonders via my happiness. But that number is less than what the game tells me.

In other words, if I just convert my Happiness into income, there is some missing. So there must be a Base Citizen Income. How do I find that out?